Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

e@rs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 pm I only regret that the old version isn't in my account when I need it...
That sucks indeed...

Random noob questions:
1) is there a roadmap of upcoming expansions or regular schedule? Or do they just pop out when available?
2) what's your top 3 no matter which genre?
3) any recommendations specifical for hip-hop, trap, nu soul, etc.? (Asked the previous one cause I strongly believe in x-genre)?

Thanks a lot!

e@rs: I dont know anything about something got removed

1.) no we dont want to announce so much, because then we will get under pressure. But infos about WHAT will come (no exact dates) can be found in the Facebook Avenger group very often from me

2.) the Hollywoods and Atmospherica, Cyberpunk or Synthwave

3.) there are 2 HipHop and a Trap XP, so check them out

I wonder if anyone has reported about VPS avenger not flushing out the memory?

I noticed it has been a problem and none of the updates has fixed this. Actually i didn't paid attention to this because I have 32gb of ram but did noticed when my projects starting to get bigger, i had to reset the project after removing Avenger.

Using windows 10 l, fl studio 20.8

accessdune3 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:12 pm I wonder if anyone has reported about VPS avenger not flushing out the memory?

I noticed it has been a problem and none of the updates has fixed this. Actually i didn't paid attention to this because I have 32gb of ram but did noticed when my projects starting to get bigger, i had to reset the project after removing Avenger.

Using windows 10 l, fl studio 20.8
In the beginning I reported quite high RAM usage which didn't disappear after removing all instances to the support. But no answer. Win10, StudioOne and FL btw.

So I became curious.
Cubase 11.
Mac OS 10.14.6.

I started Cubase.
cubase.jpg

Added one instance of Avenger 1.6.1
cubase with 1.jpg

Added three more instances (so now four instances of Avenger 1.6.1)
cubase with 4.jpg

Removed three of those instances (so back to 1 instance)
cubase back to 1.jpg

The removed that instance.
cubase back to zero.jpg

Cubase indeed does register around 360MB more Memory than before.

rsp

edit: I remembered after posting that Cubase has an option to keep plugins in memory until Cubase quits and I had it on.
keep in memory.jpg

Do I disabled it and redid the test.it is now about 280MB (down from 360MB) more memory than when I first booted up Cubase.

rsp
cubase back to zero redo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

My tests show similar results. I'm using Ableton 11 on Windows with 64GB of RAM.
I looked into Ableton's threads. After removing all (2) Avenger instances there are 3 threads left for Ableton. Killing those threads doesn't change memory allocation. I've tried the same with Rapid and Pigments. Former leaves ~ 100MB more memory, latter ~ 200MB. Avenger leaves ~500MB (I've used 2 instances), it doesn't matter if I use VST2 or VST3.
I'm not sure it's a bug of any kind, it seems some memory is being kept after plugin is removed. However, Avenger takes a lot more memory :) (I don't care that much :D)

Clean start with no Avenger
noavenger_cleanstart.jpg
1 Avenger instance
1avenger.jpg
1 Avenger instance performance
1avenger_performance.jpg
2 Avenger instances
2avenger.jpg
2 Avenger instances performance
2avenger_performance.jpg
After removing Avenger
removed_avenger.jpg
After removing avenger, performance
removed_avenger_performance.jpg
After removing Avenger and killing its threads, performance
noavenger_killedthreads.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

msvs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:34 pm e@rs: I dont know anything about something got removed
Well, I can only see a download for v1.6.0 in my account (and zvenx confirmed). Where should I look for the old installer and its library then?

IIRC Cubase does this with pretty much every plugin.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Ok apearently I'm not the only one expieriencing this. I'm sure it's some sort of bug, other plugins i have don't behave like that.

Is everyone in the US being charged tax on purchases from Vengeance?

tdm71 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:47 pm Is everyone in the US being charged tax on purchases from Vengeance?
I do in Canada.

accessdune3 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:42 pm Ok apearently I'm not the only one expieriencing this. I'm sure it's some sort of bug, other plugins i have don't behave like that.
I just did a check here comparing 4 instances of Omni 2 GUIs open and then removing them all. With Omni 2 it went back to normal empty project level of 280. With Avenger its resting at 675, so I concur that it looks like something is hanging around RAM-wise that's specific to Avenger.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

DanielPL wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:56 pm My tests show similar results. I'm using Ableton 11 on Windows with 64GB of RAM.
I looked into Ableton's threads. After removing all (2) Avenger instances there are 3 threads left for Ableton. Killing those threads doesn't change memory allocation. I've tried the same with Rapid and Pigments. Former leaves ~ 100MB more memory, latter ~ 200MB. Avenger leaves ~500MB (I've used 2 instances), it doesn't matter if I use VST2 or VST3.
I'm not sure it's a bug of any kind, it seems some memory is being kept after plugin is removed. However, Avenger takes a lot more memory :) (I don't care that much :D)

Clean start with no Avenger
noavenger_cleanstart.jpg

1 Avenger instance
1avenger.jpg
1 Avenger instance performance
1avenger_performance.jpg

2 Avenger instances
2avenger.jpg
2 Avenger instances performance
2avenger_performance.jpg

After removing Avenger
removed_avenger.jpg
After removing avenger, performance
removed_avenger_performance.jpg

After removing Avenger and killing its threads, performance
noavenger_killedthreads.jpg
Its a memory hog for sure! :help:

e@rs wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:19 pm
msvs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:34 pm e@rs: I dont know anything about something got removed
Well, I can only see a download for v1.6.0 in my account (and zvenx confirmed). Where should I look for the old installer and its library then?
afaik, Rene send out links for 1.4.1 after contacting him / support mail. You can have this anytime. but afaik the 1.4.1 download directly in the account has been disabled since a long time to prevent chaos for new customers.

Return to “Instruments”