Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Demuvi wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:44 pm The popular sounds of the 80s for the VPS Avenger are entering the second round. More than 130 presets are available again in this offer to bring a touch of nostalgia into your studio. The sounds are also ideal for new Synthwave or Popmusic productions. Analog sounding basses, synths, pads and even drums will enrich your productions.

https://youtu.be/y7jeTDsHoW0
That's amazing, so cool to hear those old tracks reborn in Avenger.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Maybe you can already set this up with the available OSC and Mod Options, but I would love a simple clean and sharp Karplus Strong Oscillator.

I really like the KSSSynth in the mobile app Caustic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOF6PGQYIk

we have the comb filter. Set this to keytrack 100% and you have a perfect karplus strong, with many options (damping, lenght, detune of combs and of course all of the flexible routing options of Avenger (shaper before or after filter, variable osc inputs (a whole folder of clicks for example), combining it with other filters like LP/HP, use an LFO to vibrate the Karplus Freq, use all FX Busses and so an and so on). You can also have up to 4 of these comb filters, either paralell or in row

Good thing Avenger didn't go with Steinberg elicenser like all the other vengeance plugs. I stand corrected about Code Meter as the choice. All hell on right now with the dongle drop for Cubase. Hopefully whatever switch is in the pipes for all the other Vengeance plugs isn't causing too much stress and interference of our eagerly awaited Avenger 2.0.

I just want to add a thank you Manuel Schleis for what has now revealed itself as the better choice. Perhaps you even knew this was coming but signed to non disclosure, who knows. Good choice either ways. Thank you
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

thank you :)

Yes brilliant choice to go with a third party app you have no control over that runs at start up and sits in our system tray even when we're not using the plugin and requires periodic license check ins.

So much better choice than U-he's method. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mitchiemasha wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:42 am Good thing Avenger didn't go with Steinberg elicenser like all the other vengeance plugs. I stand corrected about Code Meter as the choice. All hell on right now with the dongle drop for Cubase. Hopefully whatever switch is in the pipes for all the other Vengeance plugs isn't causing too much stress and interference of our eagerly awaited Avenger 2.0.

I just want to add a thank you Manuel Schleis for what has now revealed itself as the better choice. Perhaps you even knew this was coming but signed to non disclosure, who knows. Good choice either ways. Thank you
The new licensing system of Steinberg seems alot like Native Instruments one which is still by a looongshot better than codemeter.. I wish actually that Avenger would adapt to the new Steinberg Licensing model as it gives several options in the future I.e offline activation with a c/r keyfile that only needs to be refreshed once a year. The great thing about Steinbergs new system is that they are not entirely scrapping the old legacy plugins that are on key licensensors but will still remain alive and active for the live span of the hardware keylicensor

mitchiemasha wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:42 am Good thing Avenger didn't go with Steinberg elicenser like all the other vengeance plugs. I stand corrected about Code Meter as the choice. All hell on right now with the dongle drop for Cubase. Hopefully whatever switch is in the pipes for all the other Vengeance plugs isn't causing too much stress and interference of our eagerly awaited Avenger 2.0.

Are you kidding me? VPS rips off its customers by marketing a keyfile system and then switching to the awful CodeMeter without offering a refund, and you're thanking them for that? Is this a troll post? I'm astounded.

I guess customers like this are why VPS can get away with unethical business practices.

refund? For an optional (and free) update? It seems you dont know: We kept the old installers online, so no one ever needed to update to the new CP. You can (still today) use the version "you bought". We openly communicated the CP change from early on in our social media channels. But even when you accidently updated to 1.5, you could always go back to 1.4.9 - if someone wants to. So its a free choice.

I recently updated for free from Win10 to Win11 and it cant attach net drives to the taskbar any more (which I totally need). So ist this unethical from microsoft? I could go back to Win10 or I live with it, dont know yet.

msvs wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:48 pm refund? For an optional (and free) new update? We kept the old installers online, so no one ever needed to update to the new CP. You can (still today) use the version "you bought".
Really? Did you fix the bugs in the old version we paid for before abandoning it? I don't see a download link in my account for the old version. How would I download to today if I wanted to reinstall?

I do see a big flashing "Important" download the code meter malware sign though.

Look we get it you're not going to change your mind and go with a less invasive copy protection scheme because you have more hatred for pirates than love for your paying customers.

But then I'm not going to change my decision to never give you one penny more until you do. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Good grief.

What's in 1.8, Manuel?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yes Rene fixed all known crashes in 1.4.9, even after 1.5. was out there were still some minor updated for the old version. Contact the support and you will get a link for it. There was also a free expansion "Synthstruments" for all customers as a gift with 1.5.
In the end, Codemeter was the best choice at this time. A change to elicenser would have required that customers need to spend money (for the dongle), which was something we dont want at all. Codemeter was free for the customers, since no hardware was needed, allowed 3 machines being activated paralell, it was quickly available and believe it or not 99% of our customers were silent/ok with the codemeter since it just worked fine, there was surely some raise in the support traffic due to Codemeter installation, which Andre our support member could all fix. Mostly it was human error (wrong installation order). I admit its not as easy to install as an IOS app, but still feasible, and once it works, it usually works.

However, Version 1.8 will contain some changes regarding this topic, necessary due to the M1 compability, we will announce more soon on our social media.

From my point of view VPS Avenger is one of the best vst synth, which is sounding good and is great to play with. And i am thankfull VPS team for that. CodeMeter is not that comfortable option. But i never had a single issue with it on Mac Os. Only one thing i wish i had - more powerfull maschine to run more instances of Avenger.

Edit: NM. Arguing is pointless. I can't expect much, including something that loops to have a dead simple crossfade for loop repeat, the bare minimum in 2021, from a dev that leaves their customers high and dry. I'm sure if codemeter gets broken the customers will pay again. The people that pay your bills should have to suffer because you gambled on copy protection that whiffed. Great business strategy.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:37 pm Good grief.

What's in 1.8, Manuel?

Grief, yes indeed. Don’t know about the good part however. The complaints are regurgitated at every opportunity.

I like Avenger.

:hug:
바보

Return to “Instruments”