Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I don t understand why codemeter as a problem , i never have a single bug with it, the only thing to remember was to desactive avenger before a hd format....
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

jonalyn wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:51 pm I don t understand why codemeter as a problem , i never have a single bug with it, the only thing to remember was to desactive avenger before a hd format....
It's the need to install a third party application that Vengeance has no control over the code that runs at startup and as a running process.

I simply refuse to install it on my Studio computer.

The real problem is that many of us purchased Avenger when it didn't require CM and speaking for myself I only bought it because it didn't require an invasive copy protection scheme. Then the CP method was changed and the last version before CM was abandoned.

That's why many of us are happy to see CodeMeter gone..... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I purchased it when it was serial ,codemeter was not a problem but the elicenser for all the fx is a problem for me ...

jonalyn wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:49 pmthe elicenser for all the fx is a problem for me ...
Yep. Same. Steinberg's words imply they're going to remove 3rd parties long before they shut it down for themselves. So I'm assuming Vengeance will be shut out at some point next year (2022)? So it would be nice to see a statement about this..
Last edited by PAK on Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonalyn wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:51 pm I don t understand why codemeter as a problem , i never have a single bug with it, the only thing to remember was to desactive avenger before a hd format....
Real problem is CM system is not user friendly. I just installed new system on my new laptop and honestly, don't know how to deactivate license. That sucks.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:29 pm
Real problem is CM system is not user friendly. I just installed new system on my new laptop and honestly, don't know how to deactivate license. That sucks.
you have to deactivate the license before the installation ... i have done it each time i upgraded OSX and i've never been stuck

dreamvoid wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:23 pm It is a chance to correct the copy protection madness without losing their face.
I don't see why they would lose their face if they listen to their customers complaining about CM, it's the opposite.

For me it was the every few months remembering to have to deauthorize and reauthorize on both of my computers.
Can you imagine if all of my over 400 plugins required me to do this?
If this process was automated I would less be troubled by it.

I also wonder if all the glitches I get at the low sample buffer size I work at may be related, as I don't recall them during testing the demo which was at the time 1.4 or whatever it was before codemeter.
I guess with 1.8, I will find out.

rsp
sound sculptist

tappert wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:33 pm
dreamvoid wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:23 pm It is a chance to correct the copy protection madness without losing their face.
I don't see why they would lose their face if they listen to their customers complaining about CM, it's the opposite.
The reason given is NOT "customers complaining", but CM not compatible with M1 (which seems not to be true in the end see https://www.wibu.com/press-releases/pre ... le-m1.html).
VPS was very stubborn and arrogant concerning their CM protection scheme and clearly expressed the intention not to drop it. The most annoying part was the re-authorization necessity.

"We care about our customers and heard you loud and clear. By popular demand, we have decided to discontinue the use of the code meter copy protection and switch instead to serial codes. Also look at all the new features with 1.8, as always free for existing customers."

Or something like that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with changing ones mind and this could be spun very easily to repair a lot of the damage that had been done. I think nobody would care how stubborn they had been. I know I would respect it.

But either way, smart choice. I'm sure it'll boost sales for any upcoming BF deals and certainly for Avenger 2.0.

My concern is that, absent a statement from them that they made a mistake and will never impose CodeMeter on us again, they may turn around again and do so. Just saying that CM isn't compatible with M1 chips leaves them lots of flexibility to do that.

When the non-CM Avenger 1.8 comes out, I will (re)install it (for the first time in almost exactly two years, since this debacle began); I'm not so stubborn that I will refuse to install a synth I paid for. But I do wonder how much I will use it absent some kind of promise this won't happen again when v2.0 comes out. I don't want to invest a lot of time in a synth that may become unusable to me again. And I very much doubt I'll be spending any more money on VPS (such as Avenger expansions) absent such a promise.

^^^^ Very well said.

I'm willing to shake hands, put the past behind us, and start fresh with Vengeance but it would be nice to have some confirmation of their intentions going forward. I too don't want to start using in it projects again only to find out it will once again require the need to install third party software.

Anyway this whole episode clearly points out what I've been saying and that is having reliance on a third party app that Vengeance doesn't have control over puts them and us at a disadvantage.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's kind of what I meant. They should have just come out and say that they changed their minds. I doubt anybody would hold it against them. Also I'm sure the complaints played a part in their decision, not only the technical reasons. And I can't imagine that they would go back to Codemeter and face a second backlash later on, but it would be nice to be certain. Maybe they will clarify that at a later stage. Either way, good news. Avenger is a really cool synth.

I wonder when the rage comes from those who bought Avenger at v1.5 or later, those who bought it when it had CodeMeter. They must be furious since Vengeance promised that they should keep CodeMeter forever and ever, and ever, and ever, and ever...
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

SirkusPi wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:26 pm My concern is that, absent a statement from them that they made a mistake and will never impose CodeMeter on us again, they may turn around again and do so. Just saying that CM isn't compatible with M1 chips leaves them lots of flexibility to do that.

When the non-CM Avenger 1.8 comes out, I will (re)install it (for the first time in almost exactly two years, since this debacle began); I'm not so stubborn that I will refuse to install a synth I paid for. But I do wonder how much I will use it absent some kind of promise this won't happen again when v2.0 comes out. I don't want to invest a lot of time in a synth that may become unusable to me again. And I very much doubt I'll be spending any more money on VPS (such as Avenger expansions) absent such a promise.
exactly, like in politics 2 step forward, 1 step backward :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”