Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.0 CM free update released

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
c0LIn
KVRer
15 posts since 14 Sep, 2020

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:37 am

ZincT wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:32 am
I'm a little worried that the new account web page no longer lists any of my expansions. :?
Where are they? What were the serials? etc etc.

Hope Vengeance Sound put out some clear guidance soon!
Did you click on VPS Avenger on the left menu ?

may send an email to support at support@keilwerth-audio.com or create a ticket in the ticket system in your account.
Last edited by c0LIn on Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ozinga
KVRist
313 posts since 12 Oct, 2003

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:43 am

Hi,

There is no uninstaller for codemeter on Mac. Anybody knows which files to remove other than the application?
Thanks

ZincT
KVRist
428 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:44 am

c0LIn wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:37 am

Did you click on VPS Avenger on the left menu ?
:dog: Thanks! Found them :) They also appear in V-Manager.

Shame I have to keep Codemeter for Antares stuff :roll:

Does anyone know how to remove the Vengeance Sound license from Codemeter (I need to keep CM installed for my Antares products)?

The "Remove License" button is ghosted out on my system. I thought that I might have to stop the service to remove the license but when I do that it no longer lists any licenses.

c0LIn
KVRer
15 posts since 14 Sep, 2020

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:01 am

ZincT wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:44 am
c0LIn wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:37 am

Did you click on VPS Avenger on the left menu ?
:dog: Thanks! Found them :) They also appear in V-Manager.

Shame I have to keep Codemeter for Antares stuff :roll:

Does anyone know how to remove the Vengeance Sound license from Codemeter (I need to keep CM installed for my Antares products)?

The "Remove License" button is ghosted out on my system. I thought that I might have to stop the service to remove the license but when I do that it no longer lists any licenses.
may create a Ticket in the Ticket System. They will send you the command to remove the container from codemeter.

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2116 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:05 am

yes, there is a new support ticket system directly in your account, too :)
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

ZincT
KVRist
428 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:12 am

Thanks @msvs and @c0LIn, ticket submitted.

UPDATE: Very fast response and solution, thanks Vengeance Sound! :tu:
Last edited by ZincT on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bmanic
KVRAF
9242 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:42 am

This is so much more slick than it ever was before. Well done!!

One little VPS-Manager bug/issue (on Mac M1, Big Sur): When downloading the main synthesizer from the V-Manager installer, the black "Downloading" box that shows progress is not possible to minimize in any way. It completely 100% takes over the middle of the screen for as long as it's going, even if I minimize VPS Manager itself.

It's not a huge issue but one that clashes with the otherwise overall slickness of the product installer.
Last edited by bmanic on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

kenny saunders
KVRist
164 posts since 16 May, 2019

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:42 am

uninstalled codemeter,
uninstalled previous avenger version
1-click authorisation,
no external programs in memory:

all is well!
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

gondii
KVRian
956 posts since 8 Oct, 2019

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:12 am

I'm having some trouble - Bitdefender is detecting viruses with the new V-Man file. And my system crashed. I just opened a support ticket (new support system is very nice).

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
3591 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:26 am

No major issues here, W10.

Went to website, clicked on Avenger Account top right
Logged in, Downloaded Avenger (in fact it downloads V-Manager.exe)
Windows reported download suspicious as it "wasn't frequently downloaded", right clicked to keep.
Installed V-Manager over current version (after another security warning)
Red dot on VPS Avenger, 3 activations remaining
Clicked Download Installer at the top
Installed Avenger.exe over existing version
Loaded Cubase, inserted Avenger, message saying "no license found" and an option to activate online which I did.
Deleted instance, reloaded, all working fine.
Uninstalled Codemeter Runtime from Add/Remove Programs
Everything still working!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2019 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 10.5
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

User avatar
DanielPL
KVRist
122 posts since 30 Apr, 2020 from the underground

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:30 am

gondii wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:12 am
I'm having some trouble - Bitdefender is detecting viruses with the new V-Man file. And my system crashed. I just opened a support ticket (new support system is very nice).
Are you sure it's Bitdefender and not Windows Defender - I was just installing Avenger and Windows Defender didn't recognize new app, but it's completely normal.
Please note that I'm also using Bitdefender.

carlosigls
KVRist
118 posts since 9 Nov, 2012

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:43 am

Installed the new version everything works correctly. I have read in the account that they will also change the elicenser for the other instruments and effects, the love is already eternal.

ZincT
KVRist
428 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:47 am

After removing the Avenger codemeter license, Avenger now says "No License Found" when I run it.
I have installed the new V-Manager and Avenger 1.8. I have also clicked on the "download keyfile" button in V-Manager.
Everything looks fine in V-Manager so :?:

I have raised another support ticket.


Fixed :tu:
Last edited by ZincT on Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
metaside
KVRist
210 posts since 11 Oct, 2012

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:52 am

Everything is working fine here after the 1.49->1.8 update. In case someone encounters a similar problem: There was a hickup with installing the factory library, it gave me some error message, but after pointing the installer to a new folder it worked.

gondii
KVRian
956 posts since 8 Oct, 2019

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:56 am

DanielPL wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:30 am
gondii wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:12 am
I'm having some trouble - Bitdefender is detecting viruses with the new V-Man file. And my system crashed. I just opened a support ticket (new support system is very nice).
Are you sure it's Bitdefender and not Windows Defender - I was just installing Avenger and Windows Defender didn't recognize new app, but it's completely normal.
Please note that I'm also using Bitdefender.
Yes first Windows Defender was complaining, but I could still download the file. But then I am getting an error message when trying to open it and then Bitdefender was seriously going nuts. Detected a "JS:Trojan.Cryxos.753" threat on the vengeance website and then a "Cloud.Firestarter.@B0@byEa3igii" infection on the V-Man. It then moved the file to quarantine and my system crashed. :-/

Good to hear that no one else is having this issue. Puzzling. I guess it's something their support has to sort..

Return to “Instruments”