Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Just did it from my mac.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

bmanic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:37 am @msvs

I haven't played much with Avenger since it hit v1.5 but was wondering if you could consider for some future version the ability to modulate the Shaper EQ (when in EQ mode only) frequency so that it properly key tracks when assigning key tracking as the modulator. I know it's going from an arbitrary 40Hz to 16000Hz but perhaps you could do it behind the scenes so that if you specifically add a Key Tracking source to the Frequency knob, it'd be intelligent enough to properly key track it accurately.

This would be extremely useful for targeting specific frequencies polyphonically. These are the only polyphonic EQ bands available as far as I know.

Alternatively you could just add a simple EQ bell node to the filter section.. that'd be equally useful.
no need, the "Ana Peak" filter exactly can do this. And its keytrack-able
its in the special folder... Resonance operates the gain.
To do negative EQs just use a band reject (notch) filter type
you can cascade up to 4 filters which can all keytrack

remember to set filter velocity to 0 then

Is there a demo of 1.8 version?
I can´t see it anywhere!

nope, not yet

zvenx wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:44 pm Just did it from my mac.
rsp
Thanks. So that's the Mac version of VMan.

I just tried to download again today and got this:

Vman 112921-1.png

Keep in mind I download a ton of stuff on this test system from .exe's to zip files etc and any warning at all is very rare. Of all the demos, purchases, and freebies I've downloaded during this Black Friday season nothing has generated a warning including stuff from small developers I've never heard of.

Bitdefender is generally not prone to false positives but of course nothing is perfect. Something in the VMan code is triggering the response.

The bottom line is since this issue reported last week is not being publicly addressed by Vengeance it's certainly not inspiring confidence.

I'm just trying to help them out by reporting what is happening here. It is the developer's reputation that is damaged when anything they release does not score a perfect zero at Virus Total or generates any warning from any security suite. Even false positives are not a good look. :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

rlared wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:12 pm
Matfink wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:11 pm I really can NOT get Avenger to see the factory lib whatever I do!
It appears to install fine when I point it at the content file (orange bar goes across) but then no presets are visible and every time I start up it says 'Missing Factory Library'!
Have tried: plugin uninstall/reinstall, reboot, download data separately, download via VMgr, drag/drop the data file, choose the data file via the 'Select content file', set the path via the <!> button, use regedit to check avenger paths are good... running out of ideas?! It all appears to install ok, there's 4.8GB in my target data folder, but the presets just aint there!

I did have the demo installed previously (in a different location) and remember having fun getting the presets working there too :(

PS: Good news there msvs re: cm!
Make sure you downloaded and are using the latest factory library file for Windows or Mac (there are separate ones). They had updated it a while ago and the older previous one doesn't work.
You are wrong. there is no different file for Mac or Win. The Factory Content is for both Systems.
But yes as you already said, please make sure to download the latest Factory Content file. The Factory Content for the demo and for Avenger Version < 1.5 is differnt then the one for Avenger > 1.5

Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:56 pm
rsp

Vman 112921-1.png

Keep in mind I download a ton of stuff on this test system from .exe's to zip files etc and any warning at all is very rare. Of all the demos, purchases, and freebies I've downloaded during this Black Friday season nothing has generated a warning including stuff from small developers I've never heard of.

Bitdefender is generally not prone to false positives but of course nothing is perfect. Something in the VMan code is triggering the response.

The bottom line is since this issue reported last week is not being publicly addressed by Vengeance it's certainly not inspiring confidence.

I'm just trying to help them out by reporting what is happening here. It is the developer's reputation that is damaged when anything they release does not score a perfect zero at Virus Total or generates any warning from any security suite. Even false positives are not a good look. :shrug:
did you forward this to support? cause this is really strange.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Sorry no.
I download the pc version and used the website scan on it, whilst on my mac.
Rsp

rsp

Vman 112921-1.png

sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:20 pm Sorry no.
I download the pc version and used the website scan on it, whilst on my mac.
Rsp
Oh Ok I just assumed you tried the Mac version on your Mac.

Did you think to try running the Mac version of VMan just to see what happens (can Virus Total scan Mac files?) I imagine the results would be different.

Bitdefender is still blocking the Vman download here so I don't know what to tell you. I'd have to download it from another computer again to see if there has been any change from the results I got earlier. Maybe I'll do that later. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:32 pm
bmanic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:37 am @msvs

I haven't played much with Avenger since it hit v1.5 but was wondering if you could consider for some future version the ability to modulate the Shaper EQ (when in EQ mode only) frequency so that it properly key tracks when assigning key tracking as the modulator. I know it's going from an arbitrary 40Hz to 16000Hz but perhaps you could do it behind the scenes so that if you specifically add a Key Tracking source to the Frequency knob, it'd be intelligent enough to properly key track it accurately.

This would be extremely useful for targeting specific frequencies polyphonically. These are the only polyphonic EQ bands available as far as I know.

Alternatively you could just add a simple EQ bell node to the filter section.. that'd be equally useful.
no need, the "Ana Peak" filter exactly can do this. And its keytrack-able
its in the special folder... Resonance operates the gain.
To do negative EQs just use a band reject (notch) filter type
you can cascade up to 4 filters which can all keytrack

remember to set filter velocity to 0 then
That is not a sufficient workaround unfortunately. A notch filter is way too aggressive in many use cases. Also the Ana Peak feels rather peaky.. quite different to an ordinary EQ node.

Also, being able to key track the EQ's in the shaper section would be really nice for targeted and keytracked distortion mangling. It's a bit of a shame that it's not possible as it'd open up a lot more nuanced sound manipulation.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

rsp

Vman 112921-1.png

Hope there's not anything too "spicy" in the copy protection that they're not telling us about.

I think I'll wait on installing the latest update.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:42 pm ......

Did you think to try running the Mac version of VMan just to see what happens (can Virus Total scan Mac files?) I imagine the results would be different.

yes the mac zip file goes thru without any warnings.
rsp
sound sculptist

High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

zvenx wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:49 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:42 pm Did you think to try running the Mac version of VMan just to see what happens (can Virus Total scan Mac files?) I imagine the results would be different.
yes the mac zip file goes thru without any warnings.
rsp
Cool so it's just something in the Windows version that is triggering the Heuristics
briefcasemanx wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:51 pm Hope there's not anything too "spicy" in the copy protection that they're not telling us about.
I think I'll wait on installing the latest update.
To be clear it's not the Avenger.exe that's triggering warnings it's the VMan.exe which I didn't have to use when installing here.

It's almost certainly a false positive but the fact that the Vengeance rep seems to be ignoring it is not a good look for them. The fact that they have had some.... let's say public relations issues in the past is not helping. It is the developer's reputation that is at stake even when false positives are triggered.

I just tried to download the VMan. exe again and am still blocked by Bitdefender and again I have downloaded and installed a ton of stuff even just in this Black Friday period and nothing else has generated any warnings. I urge everyone to run your own tests to see if you're getting the same results. Try to download the VMan.exe and run it through Virus Total to see if it's still scoring the same. Scan it with your choice of AV software just to be safe.

Caution but not paranoia is probably the best course of action now.... :shrug:

Touch The Universe wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:01 am https://youtu.be/SQF58htg_4c
Firstly you do know Avenger is by Vengeance Audio and not Refx right?

Secondly...
hmmm

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”