Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

really nice idea Zabong !
picking some single cycle or user draw waves in the wavetable sample editor could be a time saver !

this is already on the feature list for the future

So I gather this is basically Nexus 3? I was looking at Nexus 2 until I learned I would be forced to manage another dongle (at least support iLok so we all don't have to manage 2), and then I read about the packs which look very similar to Nexus model.

Demo is going very well, I can hardly find a patch that doesn't sound great. The number of sound design options simply boggles. The sound is .. kind of neutral .. which is OK, I don't think this overlaps anything I currently have. Sounds more like a hardware synth.

The drum module is just an added bonus - I will probably always use a dedicated Kick VST(s), but for the rest of the kit, this will probably suffice and I was looking for something anyhow.

Probably the only thing stopping me at this point is how future-proof it is. Hopefully adding granular will allow this thing to compete against Omni, and the future holds further enhancements to compete against Serum.

Damn these VST buying decisions are tough.

OzoneJunkie wrote:
msvs wrote:making progress with the Granular Module
I can tell you, its freakin' awesome. Video soon
Sweeeeeeet. Excited for this! :)
Very cool!
This will add even more sonic goodness!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Msvs always stated that Nexus 3 (with an open architecture) will never happen. Looking at the facts (ReFX vs Keilwerth, mainly multisample incl. Round Robin vs mainly synthesis) this is not Nexus 3. But for me it feels like it as well.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

never say never. I am sure I said, its not planned for the (close) future at this particular moment.
maybe sometimes it will come
and no, Avenger is not meant to be Nexus3. It has a totally different architecture, target group and philosophy. As I said earlier, Nexus is still absolutely great due to its easiness, quick workflow, its very very low cpu consumption and its big and great (and still growing) library. Furthermore things like the Hollywood packs are impossible with Avenger. But actually, both, Nexus and Avenger complement each other very well. use Nexus for inspiration, bread & butter, nature sounds and all the stuff, going on in your track, while Avenger is made for sound design, YOUR unique sounds, or modulations and automations beyond imagination.

I'd still love to see an open Nexus to see how some patches are realised, especially in the artist expansions!

And you are right: Nexus is really easy on the CPU (comparing it to Kontakt for example) and fast to use! Still use it on every project, at least in the first phase while developing ideas.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

Manuel :),

i cannot wait to see/hear a teaser/video to granular synthesis!

PLEASE if possible! make Alchemy obsolete, the most important thing for me is that the engine sounds great and stretch possibilities are minimun like alchemy + the visual feedback, which makes this a fun and easier to pin point areas :).

i know there is mangle, but sorry alchemy still steals the show but is cumbersome in some areas like drag and drop samples etc. but it sounds just awesome and has great controls in granular mode.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

msvs wrote:Furthermore things like the Hollywood packs are impossible with Avenger
Just curious, why would this be the case? Between FX, granulation, multi-samples, layered samples and wavetables I would think Avenger could do anything Nexus could do?

generaldiomedes wrote:
msvs wrote:Furthermore things like the Hollywood packs are impossible with Avenger
Just curious, why would this be the case? Between FX, granulation, multi-samples, layered samples and wavetables I would think Avenger could do anything Nexus could do?
It doesn't have round robin or, I believe, the architecture to support many velocity layers etc. Nexus, under the hood, has to be a pretty sophisticated sample player.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Interesting, I checked and UVI Falcon does have it (Round Robin), so Avenger is really more of a synth than a workstation.

generaldiomedes wrote:
since Nexus lacks modulations and certain features, it can save a lot cpu during playback of samples. An Hollywood preset like in Nexus with 64 OSCs + Round Robin, crossblending velocity zones etc. would be far beyond 100% CPU consumption in Avenger and therefore unplayable.
i cannot wait to see/hear a teaser/video to granular synthesis!
its absolutely awesome, believe me :D We are working on the final details, like I said, video as soon as possible. I think we will have to re-design the OSC selection browser (at the moment its a context menu selection) in order to make it more comfortable, because I will also create a new library of specialized samples for the granular module

I love that you guys are investing so much into making Avenger even better. I still can hardly believe that Avenger doesn't seem to have as much hype as, say, Serum. People don't know what they're missing.

Razzia wrote:I love that you guys are investing so much into making Avenger even better. I still can hardly believe that Avenger doesn't seem to have as much hype as, say, Serum. People don't know what they're missing.
Yes, me too, thank you devs for keep working and making this awesome synth (sampler) even better every day!!! I personally believe that Avenger is growing its user base much faster than Serum, it just need more time to get there. You'll see that as soon as the devs give some more love to FM-AM capabilities (like Fm-AM from another OSC like in Serum) and maybe add more filters, all Serum users will jump on board in a heartbeat.

btw... for the "party" musicians :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwuyvzgbyqE

Return to “Instruments”