Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

jacqueslacouth wrote:Call me a bit thick, but where do I install the additional wavetables and Oscillator shapes available in the downloads section (I'm on a Mac) of the Avenger web page. (love this synth BTW)

Cheers
It's OK, got it sussed...cheers :tu:

Jock

jacqueslacouth wrote:Call me a bit thick, but where do I install the additional wavetables and Oscillator shapes available in the downloads section (I'm on a Mac) of the Avenger web page. (love this synth BTW)

Cheers
After you download the content go to sys on avenger click on content then import content then select the one you download.

noiseboyuk wrote:Slightly off topic, but I've always understood that we only need basic graphics cards for DAW use. Has that changed in recent times, esp. with regard to Avenger?
Avenger seems to profit from the right system, at least I got from "OMFG what does Avenger with my laptop" to "Nice, only 5% CPU use per instance" when I switched to a Nvidea backed system from one that did not have that. No idea whether that is directly related to the graphics card or other things, but I suspect that it is not the result of the CPU which is only 20% faster. I have 16gig Ram...

My system still runs into unexplicable things. So when I start Avenger in Bitwig, my CPU meter goes straight up to 30% and stays between 20%-30% on my system for quite some time - more than a minute that is, regardless of whether the GUI is open or not (Virus checking is off btw.). But then, sometimes after reopening the project file, everything immediately cools down to a nice 3% CPU load - I can use 20 instances of Avenger with a simple saw wave patch and everything runs fine, less than 25% load - that's more efficient than any of the other big synths I know with the exception of Zebra.

So Avenger is at the same time one of the most efficient power synths I have, and one of the most demanding, at least at start time. No idea why. But I would not dare to use it on a low-spec system, where it could choke the whole process, and had a very bad time when I did not have the right graphics card.

I just made a quick overview video, have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRauxqg0jT0

So after upgrading 1.2.0-->1.2.6 every instance of Avenger I have in a session is showing a re-authorization screen, and after re-authorizing the patches return to default. I have about 15 instances of this across a session (which I'm on a deadline for) which have now all reset to nothing. Hours of finding sounds and tweaking just gone.

It's really unacceptable to release an update that punishes loyal, paying customers because of the actions of bad actors.

Ableton Live 9.7, Mac OS 10.12.5.

just re-authorize ONE of them and everything is good. Dont open your 15 Instance project (?), just open an empty project and open 1 Avenger. Authorize it, and done. However nothing in your project is getting harmed

msvs wrote:just re-authorize ONE of them and everything is good. Dont open your 15 Instance project (?), just open an empty project and open 1 Avenger. Authorize it, and done. However nothing in your project is getting harmed
No - that's the bug. I re-authorized one of them, and every one I open after doesn't retain any patch settings. It may be because the tracks were frozen in Ableton (I can't run many instances of this without freezing, especially for polysynths), but all of the settings are gone in all instances of avenger. I have to delete and re-instantiate the plugin to get back to normal functionality if it was on a frozen track.

If you need people to open a blank session and re-authorize first to not have this happen, this should be in bright red letters when installing or something. How would a user know that's necessary? That is not the typical update process with this plugin.

ok, but why are you wasting time here and not wrote a support email already? ;) its open until 18:00 german time. I cant help you here, and especially not on Mac
Last edited by msvs on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msvs wrote:I just made a quick overview video, have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRauxqg0jT0
Nice! Like that one (especially the filter) a lot! :party:
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

DaveEdwards wrote:So after upgrading 1.2.0-->1.2.6 every instance of Avenger I have in a session is showing a re-authorization screen, and after re-authorizing the patches return to default. I have about 15 instances of this across a session (which I'm on a deadline for) which have now all reset to nothing. Hours of finding sounds and tweaking just gone.

It's really unacceptable to release an update that punishes loyal, paying customers because of the actions of bad actors.

Ableton Live 9.7, Mac OS 10.12.5.
AU or VST version ? Under Cubase pro it don't ask a new autorisation.do you try to repair your permission ?

Thanks for the update, I could install the new version without new authorization. I also saw there´s some free content on your homepage, I appreciate that!

Boujaj wrote:Thanks for the update, I could install the new version without new authorization. I also saw there´s some free content on your homepage, I appreciate that!
The manual still on 1.1 ver.

Ahh, I also want to add an idea for future updates (I hope this has not been written on the previous 385 pages):

A humanization function for the sequenced modulation like Arp or Stepper would be really cool, especially for note-position and velocity. This could give a bit more natural feeling within sequences. There could be for example a bar for humanization amount plus a reset button, so if you set the humanization amount at first and then press the reset button, you could always generate a different random "touch" to the sequence.

And in addition, if I had a wish for christmas, a new soundset with slighty more "underground" style would be cool, perhaps fishing a bit in the serum wavetable territory ;)

But anyways, these are just my tiny suggestions, keep up the good work!

What a great update :D

Thanks, Manuel & Rene :hail:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

btw did I see a Cinematic 1 and Cinematic 2 in your expansion browser?

Are these under development?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Instruments”