Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

jasonwoodman wrote:The rolls that are possible in the Drum Sequencer: How possible is it to have that feature in the Arp, rather than having to speed it up, as that just shortens the length of the sequence. Or even better, to be able to increase/decrease the resolution instead of the just the speed

Is this something that could be done in a future update?
Interesting idea, that.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

built 1000+ patches in Avenger... another several thousand in Nexus, never needed this. Was able to create all necessary with the arp, thats there. I dont know how urgent such a feature is. Rolls over 2 or 3 makes nearly no sense on synth sounds, and these are already well possible by doubling the speed...

They make perfect sense on plucks, especially in modern music. and like I mentioned, it would increase the sequencers capabilities by not shortening the length.

But, no problem. Sorry for having an idea. I'll make your music instead of my own, then I won't run into such limitations.

David wrote:
lavizh wrote:
David wrote:
msvs wrote:it can EASILY be fixed it you send a SFZ which does not import correctly to Rene
Oh! Who's Rene, and what's the address!?
Rene Keilwerth, from Keilwerth Audio, the developer of Avenger :)
Excellent, thanks! Here's a bunch of really high quality free sfz's that I mostly can't load; if you guys would be willing to fix these for me personally if I emailed them to you, seems better to do it here so everybody could have 'em and know they work:)

http://www.karoryfer.com/karoryfer-samples

I don't know about the ethics/legality of sending any purchased sfx's to you for fixing; maybe Simon will see this and comment?
Aqualignum's sfz's mostly work fine, but many of Alchemistry Beyond's don't.

Thanks again! Loving Avenger—any working sfz's are just icing on an already really great cake:)
Please don't share these sfz-files with anyone if you can :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
David wrote:
lavizh wrote:
David wrote:
msvs wrote:it can EASILY be fixed it you send a SFZ which does not import correctly to Rene

I don't know about the ethics/legality of sending any purchased sfx's to you for fixing; maybe Simon will see this and comment?
Aqualignum's sfz's mostly work fine, but many of Alchemistry Beyond's don't.
Please don't share these sfz-files with anyone if you can :)
Not to worry; won't!

Thanks.

jasonwoodman wrote:They make perfect sense on plucks, especially in modern music. and like I mentioned, it would increase the sequencers capabilities by not shortening the length.
+1
Rolls are used at least for 5 years. So if there is something like the ARP sequencer it makes perfectly sense to implement this technology to the ARPs as well if possible.

Although I can already see people whining: "Avenger takes all my CPU and I'm only using a simple roll with ultra long releasetimes on a granular sound" :D
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

I still dont see the point, as I said the ARP has speeds so YOU CAN DO IT atm. A roll faster than 32th or 64th notes only makes sense on very low BPM. Otherwise it just smears. But as I said you already can do this easily atm, the Arp can handle 256th Notes(!)
I am not convinced, that Avenger needs this atm, since its not easy to implement. Sorry

msvs wrote:I still dont see the point, as I said the ARP has speeds so YOU CAN DO IT atm. A roll faster than 32th or 64th notes only makes sense on very low BPM. Otherwise it just smears. But as I said you already can do this easily atm, the Arp can handle 256th Notes(!)
I am not convinced, that Avenger needs this atm, since its not easy to implement. Sorry
FWIW - I don't think anyone has argued that it can't be done another way, except that it reduces the overall length available. After all, the same is really true of the drum sequencer itself, right? But why it was interesting to me is that if it was implemented as nicely as the drum sequencer, it would open up a much quicker and different creative path. Perhaps there are arps out there that already do this, but I don't know of any, so it's definitely not a "need" request but a little USP I guess. Certainly no biggie for me though, and my guess is the original idea was "oh, maybe it's easy to transpose the drum sequencer code to the arp", but if its a pain then not really worth pursuing I guess.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

... but I have other good news. Seems like we can achieve it, that FM works with other OSCs in realtime as modulators

noiseboyuk wrote: FWIW - I don't think anyone has argued that it can't be done another way, except that it reduces the overall length available.
One of the ways to preserve the available arp length is to use a step sequencer mapped to arp's pattern speed. Same number or different number of steps & length - if you want a really nice polyrhythm which otherwise you could not get even using the pimped arp that Manuel won't implement.

You can modulate it directly or using the macro buttons (and the knobs if you really need many variations).

That step sequencer is so damn useful, it should be called "damn unseful step sequencer".

msvs wrote:... but I have other good news. Seems like we can achieve it, that FM works with other OSCs in realtime as modulators
Wow, those are fantabulastic news. I would like to know if there is the possibility to also add the "warp mode" as in Serum.

what is "warp mode" never heard of this

msvs wrote:what is "warp mode" never heard of this
here are the wap modes in serum:

Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

Warp in Serum -> phase distortion modes and FM.

Return to “Instruments”