Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Is there an actual installer for avenger now?

Like Native Access?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

msvs wrote:btw all our older VPS plugins have been updated at once. You can find the installers at vengeance-sound / plugins / downloads
? Will there come an fx suite containing all VPS avenger fx, without dongle? Or a vps_avenger_fx.vst ?

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
msvs wrote:btw all our older VPS plugins have been updated at once. You can find the installers at vengeance-sound / plugins / downloads
? Will there come an fx suite containing all VPS avenger fx, without dongle? Or a vps_avenger_fx.vst ?
Thats what i asked rene a few days ago by email.
I told him that serum and synthmaster comes with fx file and he should do this to avenger .
He answerd that i can get the vps fx suite so i answerd him that xfer have lfo tool and still serum can be used as fx.
He didnt answerd me back maybe he will implement the idea .

Thats what i asked rene a few days ago by email.
I told him that serum and synthmaster comes with fx file and he should do this to avenger .
He answerd that i can get the vps fx suite so i answerd him that xfer have lfo tool and still serum can be used as fx.
He didnt answerd me back maybe he will implement the idea .
The Fx in Avenger are from the Essential FX Bundle 1&2 ...they were released before avenger

2 dongled fx suites make no sense for a real avenger. It must be exact like avenger fx in one plugin + transferable setting of course.

Hanz Meyzer wrote:2 dongled fx suites make no sense for a real avenger. It must be exact like avenger fx in one plugin + transferable setting of course.
This would make the fx suites obsolete. Don't think they'd do that. And there are fx in Avenger that couldn't be used alone anyways like the arts acoustic stuff.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: This would make the fx suites obsolete. Don't think they'd do that. And there are fx in Avenger that couldn't be used alone anyways like the arts acoustic stuff.
AA is just one effect unit, it can be removed from a separate FX module (should that be the case). I personally always disable that reverb (also in Nexus) - it instantly removes that "Nexus-y" feel from any sound.

Anyway, the problem with the FX being obsolete is already true for a whole different reason: they're heavy CPU hogs. I was never able to run a finished project on my mac, with a 16-channel loaded Phalanx (that being the only Vengeance plugin in a project). Or if I place 20 Vengeance plugins in a project, the CPU is at 20% with them just sitting and doing nothing. I have heavy channel strips with Softube and SSL plugins, they take 0 CPU in the same conditions.

So with every Vengeance: make a sound, bounce it, use it audio loop or in a sampler (oh the irony when sampling Phalanx to EXS). For this reason alone I wouldn't want any new FX suite, the new code (Avenger) is not solving yet all the reliability problems imho.

Although I must appreciate the latest update, it really solves a serious CPU hit so Rene, kudos for that! :tu:

This would make the fx suites obsolete. Don't think they'd do that.
correct, we wont release an Avenger FX suite, since the Avenger FX are mostly taken from our Essential FX Bundles

:C you lost me at "c" then

xircuit
I must appreciate the latest update, it really solves a serious CPU hit so Rene, kudos for that!
Yeah I noticed this too, big time.

My last Avenger project barely played without some bouncing, and stripping out the fx.

Thanks.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

MirkoVanHauten wrote:
Hanz Meyzer wrote:2 dongled fx suites make no sense for a real avenger. It must be exact like avenger fx in one plugin + transferable setting of course.
This would make the fx suites obsolete. Don't think they'd do that. And there are fx in Avenger that couldn't be used alone anyways like the arts acoustic stuff.
Could be a update option for avenger customers only... Since that makes sense for mixing using Avenger, but you don't necessarily need all that kind of fx again.

Question is the distortion effect on avenger is it per each voice or it affects all together

the Distortion in an insert FX slot is global on the bus, while the "Shaper" Module distortion is per voice

msvs wrote:the Distortion in an insert FX slot is global on the bus, while the "Shaper" Module distortion is per voice
Awesome I am going to start using the shaper module more now that I know this thank you

Anyone else having massive problems with these updates (e.g. projects will load default presets, presets are gone or they crash during plugin scan)? :x and the timing issues with the sidechain plugin is still not fixed...

edit: tested with win10 and high sierra on macbook, ableton and logic.

Return to “Instruments”