Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Yes. I have the same problems. Terrible update

here is the example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_MPT_ ... e=youtu.be

:clap: :clap: :clap: What were these updates for? The changelog only says "OS compatibility update" which obviously didn't work very well and could mean anything :lol:

Its not funny actually. I am in the middle of a big project. Epic fail for vengeance reputation as a software provider at least for me. I just have to reinstall whole operating system because of this to be able to roll back for older plugin versions because they're used in a project a lot and now big part of my work has just gone.

Can’t you simply reinstall the old versions? If you don’thave them I’m sure Rene could provide links for them.

I did it already. But they don’t save settings too after deleting latest updates and installing old ones on the same system

I downloaded the updates. I am gonna check out the issues also. Mega fail but I am not surprised.

Hm, what strange updates are these? Not even using avenger copy protection scheme now instead dongle. More buggy than before? And still not interesting for avenger users, requiring a FX only compatible version of the avenger FX? I don't get the strategy behind this...

All non-Avenger software was created in 2010-ish and has eLicenser copy protection. Until now, last update for alll these products was made in 2014. A new update was released these days, with no clear changelog.

Avenger is the latest addition, launched in 2016, with a different copy protection scheme.
feedbackmachine wrote:And still not interesting for avenger users, requiring a FX only compatible version of the avenger FX?
I don't understand what you want to say here. What's not interesting what FX must be compatible with what?

I said that elicenser dongle sucks, while the copyprotection of avenger is ok. So it is a pity not to switch to the new way. I also said that you need the Avenger fx exactly like it is in Avenger with transferable fx settings. Not a very old version of a quite similar fx where you will have to manually transfer settings. It also is quite common in the audio industry that a fx version of the VSTi will be provided, only for the customers of the VSTi. See U-He or NI for example. So if it is very complicated, expensive, annoying and now also buggy to transfer a fx setting to a very old fx plugin, there is no real use for the avenger fx anymore, except sex up the presets for selling.

looks like the issue was fixed with the last update. will try it later

the updates should bring High Sierra support and minor bugfixes.
It also is quite common in the audio industry that a fx version of the VSTi will be provided
like said multiple times before. This will NOT come. Don't wait for it. We are still selling the EFX1 and EFX2 plugin bundles. If we would make Avenger a standalone FX suite, this would make these products obsolete. We will not do this. Furthermore we do not have a license for all the ArtsAcoustic plugins to distribute as standalone. These are Avenger exclusive.

making the older plugins available as "no-elicenser" is an option we are discussing in the future. Unfortunately this is a lot more work under the hood as you may think and would bind Rene for several months completely with this, where he cant do anything else.

Quick Drum Seq question:
I have a track with drums, EDM2 on it. I like the Snare1 on EDM7. How can I copy that Snare1 to EDM2?
I can copy Snare1 and paste it somewhere else in the same drumkit (EDM7) but how do I copy and paste it into EDM2 ?

msvs wrote:the updates should bring High Sierra support and minor bugfixes.
It also is quite common in the audio industry that a fx version of the VSTi will be provided
like said multiple times before. This will NOT come. Don't wait for it. We are still selling the EFX1 and EFX2 plugin bundles. If we would make Avenger a standalone FX suite, this would make these products obsolete. We will not do this. Furthermore we do not have a license for all the ArtsAcoustic plugins to distribute as standalone. These are Avenger exclusive.

making the older plugins available as "no-elicenser" is an option we are discussing in the future. Unfortunately this is a lot more work under the hood as you may think and would bind Rene for several months completely with this, where he cant do anything else.
Thanks for clarification.

Bansaw wrote:Quick Drum Seq question:
I have a track with drums, EDM2 on it. I like the Snare1 on EDM7. How can I copy that Snare1 to EDM2?
I can copy Snare1 and paste it somewhere else in the same drumkit (EDM7) but how do I copy and paste it into EDM2 ?
yes thats easy: you can "lock" all drums (lock symbol), *except* the snare or other parts you want to change. Then you can load other drumkits.... only the unlocked ones (snare) will be replaced.

@msvs Care to shed some light over this?

Under the Licence you may not and shall not, without Our express written authorization:
- commercially use any compositions, melodies, melody-loops, lyrics, and vocal-samples or parts hereof from any Vengeance Samples or Audio Plugin Libraries. All rights on melodies, musical compositions, lyrics, vocals, and melody-loops included in Vengeance Samples or Audio Plugin Libraries are owned by Us and are reserved.

I understand all Arps, Sequences, Basslines, Vox presets (Avenger/Phalanx), AR presets and SQ (Nexus) and all the Bass Loops, Synth Loops, Melody Loops (Vengeance packs) are forbidden to use in song made with the purpose of being comercially released?

Return to “Instruments”