Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.4.0 update with new features

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Musical Gym
KVRAF
4697 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:41 pm

msvs wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:31 am
its the same, but I am not sure if the Demo content is R5 already (which is the newest)
I'll dowload content again if there is a newer version of that.
Should I send email to keilwerth? (What is R5?)

msvs
KVRian
1220 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.4.0 update with new features

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:56 pm

the version number

Musical Gym
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:05 pm

Does R5 mean 1.5?

Caine123
KVRAF
5359 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:17 pm

Musical Gym wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:05 pm
Does R5 mean 1.5?
we are at 1.4 ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Musical Gym
KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:27 pm

I sent query to Rene to find out what R5 is.

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2429 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:30 pm

R5 is the 5th version of the approx 5gb content file, which is separate from the version number of the plugin.

It does seem a little inelegant that you have to download the whole lot each time and import it right over the existing set up just to add a few changes, the Spectrasonics method of adding small updates would be preferable, but no biggie really.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
864 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Post Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:58 am

Well, since it is a pack which will be extracted, it would be kind of weird to offer a diff patch. Then you would need to keep the very first pack on your drive, multiple times patching it and then extracting it. Seems to be more easy to me to just redownload it.

That said I would wish a little better updated changelog, including a remark when you should redownload a new library version. I am always getting confused here.

Also the version of the last installed base lib could be saved along with the avenger's preferences and shown in config.

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
2429 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:45 am

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:58 am
Well, since it is a pack which will be extracted, it would be kind of weird to offer a diff patch. Then you would need to keep the very first pack on your drive, multiple times patching it and then extracting it. Seems to be more easy to me to just redownload it.

That said I would wish a little better updated changelog, including a remark when you should redownload a new library version. I am always getting confused here.

Also the version of the last installed base lib could be saved along with the avenger's preferences and shown in config.
You don't need to keep old downloaded packs. After its extracted it is wherever you've put the content. So if it were an update file rather than the whole thing again, it would just add the new stuff.

But I do agree having a) a record of what version you're on within the plugin and b) downloads from the main Avenger site would both be good ideas. It is all quite confusing still.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.afterschoolvideoclub.com/
W10 Pro Creators Edition, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2018 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 9
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
864 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Post Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 am

Agreed. Still I think it would not work since the Avenger presets are encrypted. So I guess even a tiny change will cause the whole encrypted file to be changed then.

mitchiemasha
KVRist
139 posts since 15 Aug, 2011 from teesside

Post Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Why is it that Avenger, when triggering samples, is sample accurate but Nexus can't be? I'm been told by the boss over there that it's not even coming in Nexus 3 and I'm only the 4th or 5th person to request it. Because non of the thousands of "PRO" users have asked for it and do perfectly fine with out it, I'm the stupid one for wanting it.

Was it really that hard to make Avenger not have this issue? Am i really out of line here? Did i miss something or devs making sample related software suck as Kontakt, Halion etc Sample accurate, actually an important decision?

sircuit
KVRian
527 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:03 pm

mitchiemasha wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:21 pm
Why is it that Avenger, when triggering samples, is sample accurate but Nexus can't be? I'm been told by the boss over there that it's not even coming in Nexus 3 and I'm only the 4th or 5th person to request it. Because non of the thousands of "PRO" users have asked for it and do perfectly fine with out it, I'm the stupid one for wanting it.

Was it really that hard to make Avenger not have this issue? Am i really out of line here? Did i miss something or devs making sample related software suck as Kontakt, Halion etc Sample accurate, actually an important decision?
Not the same code and coder. reFX can't even make Nexus' GUI zoomable for macOS. macOS is updated yearly. A simple line beween these dots results that Nexus' code is so old (10+ years), he (still Michael Hartmann I suppose) can't add or change anything important to it without completely rewriting it from scratch.

As for the actual sample accurate stuff, I personally inject a degree of random delay in my midi tracks to infuse more human feel and is a widely used practice afaik so that's why most of the people don't mind the lesser resolution of Nexus. Definitely you should not feel weird for asking, however.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

Musical Gym
KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:42 am

Just bought Avenger. Playing with the chord arp feature and wondering whether there are chord progression presets for it or else a way to save chord progressions.
At first glance, the available chords don't seem extensive, but maybe there's a way to extend them when needed.

msvs
KVRian

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:03 am

of course, there are 110 Presets of all kind of chords (inside the ARP's browser). Get R5 of the Factory Content File

mynet
KVRer
27 posts since 5 Oct, 2012

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:36 am

Got shocked right now!

Missing content, user OSC shape.

I thought Avenger saved imported waveform shapes in the preset itself?

I deleted some that I imported to test but did some presets with some of them before I deleted cause I thought they would definitely be saved within the preset, due to the tiny size of a waveform shape?

Please consider saving user waveform shapes in the preset.

(Serum had the same problem with the "sample "noise osc before. Steve then changed so that they where saved in the preset instead and solved so much hassle with missing samples).

msvs
KVRian

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:11 am

If it was an imported shape from an expansion location, then the path is set to this, and if you delete it, its not found of course.

Return to “Instruments”