Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.4.0 update with new features

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
mitchiemasha
KVRist
139 posts since 15 Aug, 2011 from teesside

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:31 am

sircuit wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:03 pm
I personally inject a degree of random delay in my midi tracks to infuse more human feel and is a widely used practice
I agree, I even mentioned that in my thread and message to them. However, that should be a choice. I'd been hearing something for ages that I didn't like, didn't want. Especially when layering to make 1 unique tight sound. Some BPM's are much worse than others (I didn't know that then). It's been getting in the way and messing up my mixes for some time. You can image my annoyance when I realised it was this. I don't mind drum hits to have swing or even different sounds within the track, it's pretty common with hardware but... I just expected this to be sample accurate or at least a fixed delay so overruled that as the issue. Resampling, hit detection and Quantise to the rescue, a bit of a pain!!!

I thought there was more of of a connection between the 2 devs. Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.

MrBauer
KVRer
25 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.4.0 update with new features

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:00 pm

I demoed it today and the first thing that happened was a black editor once in a while after opening and closing it.

Regarding Nexus & Avenger: they both have the same arp issue :D Initpreset - arp to 8th - play a quarter note in the piano roll and you'll hear the arp triggering 3 times. The last arp note only clicks and pops because it of course gets cut immediately (it shouldn't get triggered at all!).
It's way worse in Nexus and Michael from refx told me to simply shorten the piano roll notes because it seems an issue specific to me XD That's ridicoulus but I didn't expect much from refx. I hope the Avenger dev is different and least fixes this in Avenger.

Musical Gym
KVRAF
4693 posts since 24 May, 2004 from square1

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:06 pm

msvs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:03 am
of course, there are 110 Presets of all kind of chords (inside the ARP's browser). Get R5 of the Factory Content File
Rene wrote that demo content was latest. I guess I'll download content again.
Since I'm new to Avenger, some things aren't so obvious at first.
I hope I can save and load just progressions without having to save the entire patch preset.

mynet
KVRer
27 posts since 5 Oct, 2012

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:38 pm

msvs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:11 am
If it was an imported shape from an expansion location, then the path is set to this, and if you delete it, its not found of course.
So why the decision to not save the waveform shape in the preset?

And why can't we import a whole folder of single cycle waveforms?
I have a lot of waveforms so adding them one by one is very tedious. :)

sircuit
KVRian
527 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:08 pm

mynet wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:38 pm
Why saving the waveform but not the wavetable or the sample? Will gett messy very fast (if you have a preset with a shape layer, a click and a 50 MB multisample). On the other hand, unlike Serum that uses a single sample, Avenger uses multisamples which could result in having 100+ MB patches. Not kewl.
mynet wrote:
And why can't we import a whole folder of single cycle waveforms?
I have a lot of waveforms so adding them one by one is very tedious. :)
First and foremost, Avenger is Manuel's tool to make expansions, open to the public. After 500 pages on this thread I'd say pretty much all requests that do not resonate with Manuel's workflow (which again, is all about selling expansions) are discarded (no general drag & drop to a specific synthesis/sampler mode, no sample reverse, no possibility of using granular samples as audio samples, no possibility of throwing factory audio samples into granular mode, zero flexibility in drum osc). Everything must be pre-processed and then imported in an organized fashion aka what Manuel does when creating expansions.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

Trancit
KVRAF
1747 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:34 pm

MrBauer wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:00 pm
Regarding Nexus & Avenger: they both have the same arp issue :D Initpreset - arp to 8th - play a quarter note in the piano roll and you'll hear the arp triggering 3 times. The last arp note only clicks and pops because it of course gets cut immediately (it shouldn't get triggered at all!).
It's way worse in Nexus and Michael from refx told me to simply shorten the piano roll notes because it seems an issue specific to me XD That's ridicoulus but I didn't expect much from refx. I hope the Avenger dev is different and least fixes this in Avenger.
I can confirm that issue happen every now and then...
But I find the workaround not that hard on the other hand...

Soundplex
KVRist
179 posts since 22 Sep, 2015

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Trancit wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:34 pm
MrBauer wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:00 pm
I can confirm that issue happen every now and then...
But I find the workaround not that hard on the other hand...
Same bug here. It's just unnecessary because it doesn't happen with other synths (at least here). This "workaround" becomes critical when doing live stuff with quantization enabled. But if that workaround is the simple way instead of fixing the behavior then this speaks for itself.

Musical Gym
KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:53 pm

What is procedure for installing the latest R5 content. I had R4 on my machine when auditioning demo version.
Edit: Found import button. Done.

Musical Gym
KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:45 pm

msvs wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:03 am
of course, there are 110 Presets of all kind of chords (inside the ARP's browser). Get R5 of the Factory Content File
Thanks, found them.
Is there a way to automatically have grid display current progression A, B, C, or D as each plays?

msvs
KVRian
1219 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:06 am

First and foremost, Avenger is Manuel's tool to make expansions, open to the public. After 500 pages on this thread I'd say pretty much all requests that do not resonate with Manuel's workflow (which again, is all about selling expansions) are discarded (no general drag & drop to a specific synthesis/sampler mode, no sample reverse, no possibility of using granular samples as audio samples, no possibility of throwing factory audio samples into granular mode, zero flexibility in drum osc). Everything must be pre-processed and then imported in an organized fashion aka what Manuel does when creating expansions.
you are right, since its my (our) product, I (we) must be convinced about a new feature to reserve manpower to built it into. Seeing that we already have a long to do list (enough for the next 5 years), this takes time. Of course we will improve the ease importing of own samples in the future. Planned is also a multisample loop editor etc... but at the moment we are working on 1.5. with a totally different focus. And you get my intention wrong: Avenger is not my "tool to sell XPs" its my dream tool to do what I passionately love: designing new presets and sounds. The money comes long after this.

Bansaw
KVRist
367 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:42 am

Song I rustled up using presets from the Funky House expansion,
part of my "every track VPS Avenger" series.
Vocals are synthetic, Eleanor Forte.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSn-0ctx8DU
Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Kontakt 5, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | Youtube channel |
My VPS Avenger Sapphire expansion | Bansaw Crown's Soundcloud | My Freebies

mynet
KVRer
27 posts since 5 Oct, 2012

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:16 am

sircuit wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:08 pm
mynet wrote:
Why saving the waveform but not the wavetable or the sample? Will gett messy very fast (if you have a preset with a shape layer, a click and a 50 MB multisample). On the other hand, unlike Serum that uses a single sample, Avenger uses multisamples which could result in having 100+ MB patches. Not kewl.
Good question but didn't I give you the answer? Or maybe check if samples are saved before you suppose they're not?

To me it seems samples are cause the preset file gets larger with custom samples in them.
And I deleted the sample to se if the preset would load, and it did!

That's why I'm shocked/surprised that custom user waveform shapes ain't saved when custom user samples are?

I hope that Manuel could shed some light on all of this, what is saved and what is not saved :?:

sircuit
KVRian
527 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:51 am

mynet wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:16 am
sircuit wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:08 pm
mynet wrote:
Good question but didn't I give you the answer? Or maybe check if samples are saved before you suppose they're not?

To me it seems samples are cause the preset file gets larger with custom samples in them.
And I deleted the sample to se if the preset would load, and it did!

That's why I'm shocked/surprised that custom user waveform shapes ain't saved when custom user samples are?

I hope that Manuel could shed some light on all of this, what is saved and what is not saved :?:
You can drag & drop samples into the OSC's, without them being imported into the libary. Besides samples, any type of source must be imported first. Perhaps you noticed that if you drop a serum wave(table) it will be treated as audio sample, not wavetable.
Now, it would be cool at drag & drops, to display "dropping zones" (drop in top-left corner for audio sample, top-right for granular, bottom-left for waveshape, bottom-right for wavetable) but is not a priority in development.

That's why samples that are not imported in library get saved within a preset. Any other sound sources are assumed to be at their imported location. On the other hand, it would make total sense to have save and export menus: save - to save a small preset referring likns to all sound sources (be they in the library or not) and export - to export a preset will all sources embedded. But this opens up the way to piracy of 3rd party resources so it will never be implemented. Or if limited to factory sounds, will look again half-baked. So frustrating. and where the sources used are form commercial xp's they can be encoded with the license key so a share of presets could be made only between owners of the respective xp's, thus preventing piracy.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

100tifiko
KVRist
140 posts since 28 Jun, 2017

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:34 am

Manuel i hope in 1.5 you guys add at least one guitar effect since we are going to use guitars that be great

Musical Gym
KVRAF

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:14 pm

I think there may be a problem with the chorder arp.
If I set section A of Arp1 to cmaj for all 8 divisions, the first 3 play the cmaj (ceg), the fourth plays a single note (lower) and the remaining 3 play a static note; if you keep the controller key depressed, the single note keeps repeating; so essentially, the chord is only playing for 3 beats.
If I set the arp to poly instead of chord, I can get a chord to sound on each beat by adjusting CRS chorder settings, but that produces just one and the same chord for each beat.

Return to “Instruments”