Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Ryan99 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm It’s now they are pirated, after the 50% off sale. Almost all their expansions just been unlocked.
Avenger as well as many expansions have been cracked before too. Vengeance was aware of that and that's why they tried to already fix things (iirc e.g. that expansion got a copy protection too). It was only a matter of time and will happen very likely again and again as none is 100% secure, especially not some own halfbaken one.

The funniest thing I read in a facebook thread was that the cracked version runs smoother and faster :D So your current copy protection doesn not only seem to be weak but killing performance too.

I have no problem with dongles per se, but the increase in loading time is a real workflow killer. Also people that use cracked Avenger & xps very likely wouldn't have bought it at all anyways, so no real loss!?

We all agree that most software at some will be compromised. But that doesn't mean you have to make it easy for them and just accept what has happened or is coming. Nexus, Reason...etc have all been compromised at some point, But not since and t the developers learned. Hell, look at the dude Markus from Tone2 he at least makes it interesting with time-bombs. What happened here with Avenger? I like others love this synth and pay for it. I still Have ten free expansions i bought during the anniversary from sweet water. Wondering if those will still be good with version 2.0? eLicenser all the way.

Reefius wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:53 pm All those pirates would never buy it anyway.
That is one of the most stupidest 'arguments' you can read/hear when it comes to cracks, pirated software, music and photos. Of course there is for developers the market destroyed when a product costs simply Zero. And furthermore they can experience that in their sales and thru the distributors.
Did you ask every pirate what he/she would have done if the crack wouldn't exist?
As a pro composer and producer I'm in a competition with others and unfortunately some other pros use cracks for their business and I think that is unfair. I'm reinvesting thousands every year into software and plug ins and charge my clients accordingly. The cracked software users can calculate their business without these costs. They have no problems to buy the newest smartphone or lots of cocaine tho, but hesitate to buy the software - a shame - rotten morality and ethics.

@Teksonik
sorry for late reaction, but I layed down laughing
what is running wrong in your head? do you really not understand what happend here to Vengeance Sound? REALLY?
oh man, say thanks to the warez-dudez instead of bashing Manuel and Rene!

dreamvoid wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:29 pm
Reefius wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:53 pm All those pirates would never buy it anyway.
That is one of the most stupidest 'arguments' you can read/hear when it comes to cracks, pirated software, music and photos. Of course there is for developers the market destroyed when a product costs simply Zero.
the point is that you can't change a person's personality or intentions. someone considering using a cracked product doesn it for reasons and will not suddenly buy it if no crack works but rather look for another product. there are fair users respecting the work of others and buy it, and there are the other ones. that a cracked product is available does also not stop the fair users from buying it...

JorgV wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:23 pm
PapaG wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:08 pm At least allow software elicenser. That is the minimum we should be entitled to.

But...you are entitled to the synth you bought, and you can keep using it as it is. Even better, after a lot a of free (not so small) updates you still get another major update for free.

Please. I own all the expansions. Adding it all up it has cost £!000s. I run them on three networked machines. If you can't see that there should be some respect towards loyal customers like me and not force us to individually spend £100s on f*cking physical dongles to keep in the loop then you (and unfortunately we...) deserve all you get.

There is a big difference between 'only what you are entitled to' and 'ought to expect'.

I support companies that operate according to the latter.

You can do what you like.
Last edited by PapaG on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

frizzbee wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:37 pm
dreamvoid wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:29 pm
That is one of the most stupidest 'arguments' you can read/hear when it comes to cracks, pirated software, music and photos. Of course there is for developers the market destroyed when a product costs simply Zero.
the point is that you can't change a person's personality or intentions. someone considering using a cracked product doesn it for reasons and will not suddenly buy it if no crack works but rather look for another product. there are fair users respecting the work of others and buy it, and there are the other ones. that a cracked product is available does also not stop the fair users from buying it...
You get it reversed somewhat. If there is a market, the internet works like one in this regard, and there are offerings of the same product 'for free', enough people feel inclined to choose the 'cheaper' solution. If a product is so convincing like Avenger is, I would expect much more people buying it, if there wouldn't be no 'free alternative'. "The other ones" is not a homogen group of people. That is pure speculation on your side - the effects of lost sales are real, please don't spread the myths of the 1990ies again and again. Otherwise Manuel Schleis doesn't need to be concerned, nothing happened according to you, and the whole discussion would be without a topic. Get real.

Im not for cracked software but if it is true that these run smoother i really hope the new dongle version does too.... cause as a legit user i hate to get punished...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Sorry but Vengeance had a working protection scheme before Avenger in their products. They very likely did research on a keyfile's pros & cons and decided to go with that. And it did get them more exposure I guess. It's not like the appearance of illegal versions is something completely new to developers and and everyone has to feel sorry now. It's a risk they took at their own will and they maybe (as it's speculation too if the users of cracked products would've bought them) paid the price for it. Knowing that they obviously had similar problems with Nexus makes me less sad too. I only hope for the legit customers that new protections schemes will not have any negative impact on them and that they finally fix all the things that need to be fixed. I guess high expansion price and unstable plugin versions just make the product not attractive for some to spend money on.

I would never have bought this plugin and would never have bought expansions in the very very recent sale if I had expected something like that. :evil:

And directly after this recent mega-sale? Smells really fishy.

A real letdown. I really regret supporting this with my money and I regret every positive thing I wrote about it, since it might have contributed to a few poor souls buying this thing. :(

the effects of lost sales are real
You gotta love those provable counterfactuals.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:18 pm
the effects of lost sales are real
You gotta love those provable counterfactuals.
I have worked with many software developers and know from them first hand the internal discussions how pirated software hurts sales massively. You have nothing to offer, just destructive comments.
And then you regret buying the software ... haha ... what nonsense is that? Has it stopped working for you?

@Metaside: well I guess the 50% deal ultimately lead to the fact, the crackers could afford it (and all the XPs) for cracking. However, until v2.0 comes out there will be at least 1 year of development time, and meanwhile you can get 1.5.0 for free with tons of new features, and even a free XP... and all XPs which come out in that time.
And its not covered in stone... if (unlikely) 1.5. will be safe again, there is no reason for the eLicenser

dreamvoid wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:24 pmI have worked with many software developers and know from them first hand the internal discussions how pirated software hurts sales massively.
So it's still just one word against another, not a real prove as the facts are in your mind :lol: 8)

msvs wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:26 pm @Metaside: well I guess the 50% deal ultimately lead to the fact, the crackers could afford it (and all the XPs) for cracking. However, until v2.0 comes out there will be at least 1 year of development time, and meanwhile you can get 1.5.0 for free with tons of new features, and even a free XP... and all XPs which come out in that time.
And its not covered in stone... if (unlikely) 1.5. will be safe again, there is no reason for the eLicenser
Ok, thanks for the quick response - I hope you guys change your minds.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Wasnt nexus2 with elicenser also cracked long long time?...
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”