Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

the codemeter software is ok.
in reason you can activate a license and stay offline.
and from ver 5 it didnt cracked.
i hope vengeance will implement that and will not go for codemeter dongle.
and ill say it again , if vengeance want dongle , give avenger hardware like Trueno synth. this way it will never get crack.

FWIW, I would personally consider doing the 2.0 upgrade using one of the software-based schemes (e.g. codemeter, u-he-style, etc., specifically one that doesn't cause major headaches if your computer dies like soft-iLok). If a dongle was adopted I would stay on the 1.5 series as I do not purchase software that requires hardware dongles.

tony10000 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:26 am I think that any plugin that costs more than $150 USD is going to be a big target for piracy. The more it costs, the bigger the target. Most companies build losses due to piracy into their pricing model. However, it is wrong to conclude that people that download pirated software would actually buy it, especially if the price is more than they can afford.

Those companies that take intrusive measures to protect their IP with things like dongles automatically reduce their market-size due to consumer resistance, resulting in less potential revenue. So, while you can better protect your IP, you may lose revenue in the long run.
Yeah, it´s quite hard to tell how many people using a pirated version would buy a particular synth if there was no crack available. Also, considering that the expansions cost 65 USD (seriously, are there people buying at this price? 30% of the price of the synth, jisses) should cost no more than 10 - 20 USD, it was just a question of time before this happened. Even a 50% discount on an expansion is still way too expensive.

Regarding dongles. I already have an ilok and an elicenser dongle (terrible built quality btw). If we are forced to buy a Codemeter dongle just for this synth, all legit users should get the opportunity to sell their license with no additional fees. Because I will sell in an instant if I am forced to buy a dongle for something I have already bought!

all legit users should get the opportunity to sell their license with no additional fees.
The thing is - even if we don't want to use a(nother) dongle, we can just use our ver 1.5 and live happily ever after. ;)
Not exactly the end of the world ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

seriously, are there people buying at this price
yes, there are
if you had one, you would know how much there is inside such an XP, and how much work went into this. Furthermore there are additional taxes, license splits, traffic costs, suppoert etc. Selling them for 10€ would mean we pay on top for every sale :party:
the codemeter software is ok.
in reason you can activate a license and stay offline.
and from ver 5 it didnt cracked.
i hope vengeance will implement that and
like I wrote earlier, we currently look into this possibility. If everything suits for us, I would be happy to go with CodeMeter

jbraner wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:19 am
all legit users should get the opportunity to sell their license with no additional fees.
The thing is - even if we don't want to use a(nother) dongle, we can just use our ver 1.5 and live happily ever after. ;)
If and only if they roll out bug fix updates for 1.5.0 because it very likely will have many of them :wink:

Gregorius wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:26 am
jbraner wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:19 am
If and only if they roll out bug fix updates for 1.5.0 because it very likely will have many of them :wink:
Indeed.
rsp
sound sculptist

I have read several times all the times that you have tired with this elicenser ... you look like acid women! In my opinion, Manuel has done a lot in these years with Renè, working days months, even behind the expansions and continuing to with "no the elicenser, no the elicenser,", then I first read about expansions that should be at € 10! But have you ever tried to do an expansion from the beginning until you create the demo? would you do it for € 10? ... this forum is becoming a meeting place for old mind people!

msvs wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:45 pm @Teksonic
well, your Avenger wont stop working just because there will be a newer version. We still have customers using Nexus 1.X... especially since you will get a feature packed Avenger 1.5.X still for free.

ilok is no option
a.) too expansive
b.) all our existing customers from older plugins or Nexus already have the elicenser key

anyone may join the discussion at FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPSAvenger/
I avoid to boot my PC. my daw run always. I use the standby mode(suspend to RAM). which need 2 watts for hold data in ram.

the elicenser work very bad, when use standby suspend to RAM. I have a elicencer and i only test halion, cubase version, groove agent versions. and often it happen that the program or plugin that use elicencer freeze or output strange error messages. or remove during program run the e-licenser from USB port. and plug it in later. when plug it in later, the program still fail to work.

so i avoid to buy elicenser soft. I have ilok, and this have no problems with standby suspend to RAM.

If you licence elicenser maybe you can report bug to the creator of elicenser that elicenser did not work good when standby to RAM is use. I really dont want boot my PC always, start programs and load song in.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:15 pm I avoid to boot my PC. my daw run always. I use the standby mode(suspend to RAM). which need 2 watts for hold data in ram.

the elicenser work very bad, when use standby suspend to RAM
No wonder. It's a very bad idea to always suspend to RAM. You get all sorts of problems (mostly driver and hardware related) when you never reboot your system.

presetsworld wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:00 pm But have you ever tried to do an expansion from the beginning until you create the demo? would you do it for € 10?
Obviously, you need to cover the costs and have a reasonable markup for each unit of sale. But I am pretty sure that the sale figures would go up a few 100% if the price were significantly lower, so the lower markup might be balanced by a higher units sold. Of course, were to position the price in order to secure the highest profit possible are not that easy. If even 20 euros aren´t enough to secure a reasonable markup, then I understand. And if the current strategy works, then :tu:

Ohlson_M wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:10 pm

Obviously, you need to cover the costs and have a reasonable markup for each unit of sale. But I am pretty sure that the sale figures would go up a few 100% if the price were significantly lower, so the lower markup might be balanced by a higher units sold. Of course, were to position the price in order to secure the highest profit possible are not that easy. If even 20 euros aren´t enough to secure a reasonable markup, then I understand. And if the current strategy works, then :tu:
A very difficult call because some developers and preset designers have very high expectations based on past income.
For example I knew one developer who confided in me, he was selling Synth Edit plugins and was raking in 3k a week no problem using stock modules before things dried up.

There's a huge and I mean huge amount of cash to be made developing plugins, that is why very few developers shut up shop.
By contrast I know a few highly skilled coders who work in game studios and they aren't much better off than I am.

Without any bad intention: but it's also the question how much work is really put into. I mean if you're the lead designer for Nexus, you already have a massive amount of sampled waveforms and sounds - no need to resample them. You've created Samplepacks, so you already have access to tons of drums - no need to put additional work to put in either. The real work I see in the design process itself. But again there are pretty much many standard sounds and other which have been designed in other synths and can easily be translated. Just saying all is relative :D

chk071 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:25 pm
magicmusic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:15 pm I avoid to boot my PC. my daw run always. I use the standby mode(suspend to RAM). which need 2 watts for hold data in ram.

the elicenser work very bad, when use standby suspend to RAM
No wonder. It's a very bad idea to always suspend to RAM. You get all sorts of problems (mostly driver and hardware related) when you never reboot your system.
when i notice strange problems, or slowdown i reboot. but because i get no problems i do suspend to ram mostly until windows update want reboot. if you get problems with suspend to ram it is because you use elicencer. I know nothing other that cause problems with suspend to RAM. suspend to ram is a very huge time saver, because you save not only boot time, you save also the time to start the app, load the song. s1 and rapid composer i use most and it stay open many days with the songs i edit.

EDIT: I use a presonus AR mixer, this have a additional power connector and a on/off switch. after suspend to RAM when resume s1 and other DAW bring a requester that sound device is not find with a retry and a cancel button. when click retry and the mixer is switch on all work ok. also AR mixer work with low latency asio shared. this mean on same asio channels can many daw do asio output
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:54 pm when i notice strange problems, or slowdown i reboot. but because i get no problems i do suspend to ram mostly until windows update want reboot. if you get problems with suspend to ram it is because you use elicencer.
No... especially wi-fi driver issues are something you might run into, when you always suspend to RAM. Believe me, it's not good. Rather reboot, at least from time to time.

Do a full reboot though. When you boot down the computer, Windows 10 stores some of its state on the hard drive, so that it can boot up faster the next time. Even that causes the one or the other problem. The only way to make sure to really reboot properly is using the reboot entry from the start menu.

BTW, how old is your computer when you have issues with boot time? Mine is booted in a matter of seconds... even a reboot won't take long.

Return to “Instruments”