Accusonus Regroover installation??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Regroover Pro

i just downloaded the Regroover demo from Accusonus.com

but there is no way to choose a installation location in the installer so ableton live cant see the vst??

Has anyone gotten this to work??

I have the demo up and running on windows. (In Mulab)

I found the DLL on the C: drive in a folder named Program Files\Steinberg\Vst Plugins.
Then I just copied it to my desired location.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Hey S-N-S

I am Alex, CEO of accusonus.

Although you cannot currently change the installation path from the installer itself, there's no problem you doing this after the installation. The VST install paths for our product are pretty standard:
Mac: /Library/Audio/Plugins/VST/RegrooverEssential.vst
Windows: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Accusonus

Does this solution work for you?

Alex

sbj wrote:I have the demo up and running on windows. (In Mulab)

I found the DLL on the C: drive in a folder named Program Files\Steinberg\Vst Plugins.
Then I just copied it to my desired location.
+1
Exactly, it was the same for me (I installed the 32 bit version though so the DLL was located in "Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vst Plugins").

I've briefly tested it in Reaper 5.24 and Orion 8.612 and it worked fine (running Win7 64 bit on my home computer).

I like what it does, would like to see some improvements (for example drag and drop the layers to DAW directly; currently one can only save them as WAV files) but overall I am rather impressed! :)

alex@accusonus wrote:Hey S-N-S

I am Alex, CEO of accusonus.

Although you cannot currently change the installation path from the installer itself, there's no problem you doing this after the installation. The VST install paths for our product are pretty standard:
Mac: /Library/Audio/Plugins/VST/RegrooverEssential.vst
Windows: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\Accusonus

Does this solution work for you?

Alex
Hi

thanks guys,this does seem to do the trick:)now im gonna spend the next hours playing around with this:)

this is awesome:)

one thing though it would be nice if when exporting layers it would remember the last saved folder,so you dont have to scroll through alot of stuff,before reaching the desired folder everytime.

Hi Alex, I have a licence for Drumatom that I purchased through pluginalliance. Have you merged databases now that you are handling your own distribution? I am just wondering how my licence purchased with plugin alliance is going to be impacted. Also regroover looks very impressive... I was using drumatom to achieve similar results with the midi aspects albeit with a lot of work... extracting the drum parts and then using the daw to extract the midi data but this looks very streamlined. The rebalancing of the groove is a great concept . I am looking forward to working with it.

alex@accusonus wrote:Hey S-N-S

?

@alex@accusonus

Very smart plugin a couple of qs

1 Any chance of it playing in sync with DAW when DAW is in play
2. When moving the timing pointers/sliders could they be quantised to to beats/sub beats ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Hi guys

I needed to get some hours of sleep so I was quiet for a bit :)! Here are my answers:

@S-N-S Good idea: will definitely work that out on our 1st update.

@Scotty You must have received an email with directions on how to make the transition. But in short: you just have to make an account at accusonus.com with the same email address you used at P.A. and the new licenses will be automatically deposited in your new accusonus account. You should then download the new installers from our website and you are done :)! Provided that you activate the new version of your product, your PA license will be de-activated in the future from the PA folks.

@woodsenis
1. If I understand your question correctly you can do that through MIDI, can't you? Or do you mean something else?
2. You are right, that would be very handy and it's already in our to-do list (need some time to do it properly though).

alex@accusonus wrote:Hi guys

I needed to get some hours of sleep so I was quiet for a bit :)! Here are my answers:

@S-N-S Good idea: will definitely work that out on our 1st update.

@Scotty You must have received an email with directions on how to make the transition. But in short: you just have to make an account at accusonus.com with the same email address you used at P.A. and the new licenses will be automatically deposited in your new accusonus account. You should then download the new installers from our website and you are done :)! Provided that you activate the new version of your product, your PA license will be de-activated in the future from the PA folks.

@woodsenis
1. If I understand your question correctly you can do that through MIDI, can't you? Or do you mean something else?
2. You are right, that would be very handy and it's already in our to-do list (need some time to do it properly though).
I mean linking the DAW play and Regroover preview so both play together.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I now see what you mean. This is noted and will be definitely considered for an update.

Dragndrop of layers as wav files possible?

I know Kore2 is discontinued, and not supported: Regroover is not recognized as neither VST nor AU by Kore2 @ macOS Sierra. Also lots of crashes when trying to load a wav in lots of not yet supported hosts.
Seems JUCE related.

Any plans to improve compatibility with other, minor VST hosts?

Drag'n'drop is supported for importing files, but not for exporting files yet. For the moment, there's the export menu that you can use for this. Also we plan to support more DAWs with future Regroover updates. Unfortunately, Regroover is quite complex and depending on how a DAW handles its plugins things can break behind the scenes.

Return to “Instruments”