Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Chris-S wrote:Has the demo version also been updated?
After unzipping, the DLL date is still old, so not update yet.
Last edited by Chris-S on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Mod Matrix:Image

Tested it out, MPE addition is nice, but a couple issues:
MPE really needs +/-48 note pitch bend and it is still just 24.
Also, sounds with long releases get affected by other notes that don't overlap. This is very common though with MPE synths. The only ones that don't have this problem (in Bitwig) are Equator, Strobe and Falcon. I have no idea what the specs say about this and why not all instruments have this issue. Kind of a long story to explain.

You're doing better than me, I couldn't even get aftertouch working with my Seaboard Rise in Bitwig, although Equator works fine.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I wasn’t really interested in The Legend before, but MPE changes everything! A shame about the +/-24 bend range though.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Is sustain pedal still broken ? :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

BONES wrote:You're doing better than me, I couldn't even get aftertouch working with my Seaboard Rise in Bitwig, although Equator works fine.
I never tested pressure as I just demoed really quick. I know that in "Force MPE" mode in bitwig, instruments respond only to channel pressure (per channel), not polyphonic aftertouch. So if the Legend uses Poyphonic aftertouch rather than channel aftertouch, then it won't work correctly.

These changes are welcome but couldn't they be made more flexible? It seems counterintuitive that I can set velocity to reduce volume/close the filter/reduce Env Amp but not the other way round. Surely the opposite would be more natural? Couldn't you put the initial setting in the middle, allowing the user to vary it in both directions? And maybe add more destinations such as resonance/drive etc.?

The the standard way of doing things with these kinds of modulations. You set a maximum volume and all your modulators work to that. Otherwise you'd risk blowing your speakers.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I never tested pressure as I just demoed really quick. I know that in "Force MPE" mode in bitwig, instruments respond only to channel pressure (per channel), not polyphonic aftertouch. So if the Legend uses Poyphonic aftertouch rather than channel aftertouch, then it won't work correctly.
It is channel aftertouch. Since it is tied to a MIDI channel just like the pedal messages or CC74, it should work with all MPE gear. We'll double check though.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Chris-S wrote:Has the demo version also been updated?
Demo has been updated to V1.20. :tu:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the MPE support. I'd love the ability to lock those parameters so preset change doesn't effect them. This way, I could setup Timbre to velocity, aftertouch to Modulation Depth, and Velocity to volume, set the knobs to a depth I'm happy with, and explore presets without having to go back and forth between the front and back panels. Just a thought. Great update!

cc74 is now reserved for MPE?
My midi keyboard uses cc74 for the first slider and assigning it to a knob (eg. filter attack) no longer works... :neutral:
Last edited by Chris-S on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mutant wrote:Is sustain pedal still broken ? :)
It's not broken, it's not supported... :wink:

That's a shame. I like using sustain pedal with monophonic lead sounds...

Return to “Instruments”