Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Examigan
KVRAF
4288 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:54 am

BONES wrote:
v1o wrote:Nothing beats a vintage model. The reissue will always pale in the shadow of the original.
Really? Then how come every original MiniMoog owner didn't hesitate to ditch it when something more modern came along, like Prophet V? I started going to see bands in 1979 and I have never, ever seen a MiniMoog on stage. I used to see them second hand in shops but never in anyone's set-up.
I have many times.
https://www.psneurope.com/live/on-tour- ... -minimoogs

Examigan
KVRAF
4288 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 am

BONES wrote: I have never in my life seen one for sale second-hand anywhere so I get why people might revere the Odyssey and Prophet V but not the MiniMoog.
Checked Ebay lately? Here's one for you.
https://goo.gl/8aKdff

braj
KVRAF
9090 posts since 5 Feb, 2004

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Yeah, I was also around in the 80's and as I recall, for the most part, if it didn't have midi after about 1984, it didn't make it to the stage, I think that and polyphony were the big factors with the decline of classic analog synths, you could get an FM or DCO based polysynth that was much more reliable and flexible on stage. Before that, MiniMoogs were common enough. The place I bought my first synth in 83 had tons of used Moogs and Arps, the sales guy pointed me to a new SH-101 instead. That place was a classic synth heaven, they had just about everything, covered in a thick layer of dust.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Richard_Synapse
KVRian
846 posts since 20 Dec, 2010

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:33 am

BONES wrote:Your information about Korg's sales is also illuminating. Where did you get your figures from? I'd suggest the fact they went to the effort to make a full-size version probably indicates Korg are happy with their Odyssey's sales performance. Otherwise, why spend the money? But what would I know, I'm just looking at it objectively.
Don't have any figures, but the MS-20 does rank higher on the Thomann sales charts. It is a lot cheaper though, so that is hardly surprising.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1614 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:10 am

BONES wrote:Boob Moog.
Lol :lol:

Stefken
KVRian
562 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 am

So howcome Moog are still in business and Arp are out of business? .
Both Moog and Arp are legends and deserve their place.
But ARP is out of business because of serious mismanagement. Not for technical or musical reasons.

Richard_Synapse
KVRian

Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:51 pm

DuX wrote: This +10 at least. :tu: Just a simple on/off button would be absolutely appreciated. Many of us still use ancient MIDI controllers and the CC74 has always been associated with the filter cutoff which we all like and use quite often. Changing that behaviour is a real no-no. But to keep the Legend compatible with the more contemporary users, have the MPE option available for them. I don't think that's so complicated, eh? :)
CC74 does work like before, the MPE version is only used if the Timbre (CC74) source is used in the Performance matrix on the back panel. So it works automatic.

It it just that the initial v1.2 release had a glitch such that CC74 for MPE was always active. We have already fixed this and replaced the installers.

Richard

surreal
KVRian
961 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:46 pm

And the sustain pedal issue Richard? Is there a fix for that yet,

EvilDragon
KVRAF
16915 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:02 am

It's not an issue/bug/fix needed when the feature doesn't exist. It's a feature request. ;)

surreal
KVRian

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:48 am

EvilDragon wrote:It's not an issue/bug/fix needed when the feature doesn't exist. It's a feature request. ;)
True but I never referd to it as a bug... it is an enhancement asked... :wink:

surreal
KVRian

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:51 am

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I don't use my sustain pedal when playing Legend patches but a plugin should respond to Sustain Pedal CC#64 for those people who do wish to use their pedals.

I can't believe this was an oversight by Synapse since it's such a common control but I also can't imagine any logical reason for intentionally leaving it out since Legend does include features not found in the hardware. Perhaps there is a technical reason but again I can't imagine what it could be.
It's not a technical reason, just that a Sustain Pedal is not part of the original hardware. Initially we started with just that, a "hardcore" emulation strictly limited to the hardware. During development, quite a few extras were added. And now that we expanded The Legend v1.2 with performance parameters like Aftertouch, Foot, Expression pedal etc, I agree it makes sense to include the sustain pedal as well. :)

Richard
Just a gentle reminder :tu:

surreal
KVRian

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:56 am

surreal wrote:And the sustain pedal future request Richard? Is there an implementation for that yet,
Change that just for you ED... now we can all have a nice realaxing Saturday!! :tu: :party: :lol:

Mutant
KVRAF
3341 posts since 9 Oct, 2004 from Poland

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:23 am

EvilDragon wrote:It's not an issue/bug/fix needed when the feature doesn't exist. It's a feature request. ;)
Yes and no.
We are talking about a plugin which we expect to respond to MIDI messages.
Would it be JUST a feature request if the plugin didn't respond to ANY MIDI messages including note ons and offs ? :)

"A feature request please: Make the plugin do something when i press keys on my MIDI controller keyboard." ;)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Richard_Synapse
KVRian

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm

We updated the registered version of The Legend to v1.21 today, adding support for the Sustain pedal.

Richard

EvilDragon
KVRAF
16915 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Thank you!

And thank you for doing it right when playing legato trills with more than one key held down! This dragon is stoked :)

Return to “Instruments”