Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
AnX
KVRAF
9224 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Numanoid wrote:
Ingonator wrote:If you know how to program a Minimoog properly you could get tons of great sounds from it
Sure, but they would never be poly. And polyphonics can add even more great sounds.
Legend is 4 voice poly apparently... mono/poly/unison mode or something like that.

Hoping its out in time for the w-end :hyper:

KVRAF

Topic Starter

28116 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:37 pm

Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

KVRAF
10092 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:41 pm

shite. thanks
and I am just about to head out :(

and it is $99.

Seems like BT forgot to include pitchwheel and modwheel in his patches.... will play more when I come home.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRAF
1701 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 pm

Great Synth !

Congratulations to Synpase Audio on the release of The Legend Synth.

Q. I would like to get both VST and RE versions. (One of them for Free) . Is it possible to purchase the VST version first, and then get the RE version for Free ? or it only works the other way around ? i.e. (I have to buy the RE version to get the VST version for Free ) ? and how does it work when I go to the checkout of the store ? or do I have to email Synapse Audio my RE purchase receipt to get the VST version for free ? or ... ?

Just want to know how this works, so I don't deal with any purchasing issues.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

KVRian
1236 posts since 25 Sep, 2011 from Colombia

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Congrats Synapse!

KVRAF
6934 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from NZ

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Wow! Great synth!

It is as I expected the sound of the Minimoog. Round, smooth and punchy. Not as punchy as Monark, but I felt it nearer to the original (or what I like from the original precisely!). Sometimes they are so near to each other (Monark and Legend, that I need to be sure of what track I highlight!) The filter is different though! It reminds me of King Korg when I played with in the shop!

The GUI is first class :tu: No question about it. Beautiful :love:

So, as a first impression, it is a no brainer really for those who like the late 70's and early 80's sound (it means me! :hihi: ) so, mostly next month I will purchase it.
So, Legend? Check :tu:
Cubase Pro 11, Studio One Pro v5, NI, Arturia, u-he, Synapse Audio, Kilohearts, Korg, Sugar Bytes, PA and others.
PC with Win10, MODX 6, KeyLab MK II, iTwo interface, ATOM, DT 990 Pro and HS7 monitors.

KVRAF
12515 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 pm

I am happy to see that The Legend is officially available now and i also checked the latest installer which seems to be the final one now (withozt any remarks for a Beta or release candidate)..
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

KVRAF
5665 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:34 pm

zvenx wrote: Seems like BT forgot to include pitchwheel and modwheel in his patches.... will play more when I come home.
rsp
I noticed one or two have just pitch bend and no mod wheel, but that is probably on purpose, as many others of his have both mapped out.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

28116 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:47 pm

EnGee wrote:
Wow! Great synth!

It is as I expected the sound of the Minimoog. Round, smooth and punchy. Not as punchy as Monark, but I felt it nearer to the original (or what I like from the original precisely!). Sometimes they are so near to each other (Monark and Legend, that I need to be sure of what track I highlight!) The filter is different though! It reminds me of King Korg when I played with in the shop!

The GUI is first class :tu: No question about it. Beautiful :love:

So, as a first impression, it is a no brainer really for those who like the late 70's and early 80's sound (it means me! :hihi: ) so, mostly next month I will purchase it.
So, Legend? Check :tu:
Cool that you compared it to Monark. I was thinking the same, not quite the punch which Monark has (not sure why really, but the Synapse envelopes always seem a bit straw-y to me). But sounds really sweet, smooth and round, and totally Moogy. And the filter is much fun. Well done Synapse. :)
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

KVRAF
12515 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi everyone,

now that The Legend seems to be available at the official website a few more informations concerning my own contrubutions to The Legend (besides beta testing).

My own contribution to the factory library of The Legend consists of 141 presets while 34 were programmed from scratch (those wit h"IW" at teh end of the name) and 107 found in the "K.P.Rausch Classic Patches" sub-folder.
I re-programmed those from the Minimoog patch book (printed patch sheets, no PDF) of Klaus P- Rausch at Back In Time Records:
http://www.backintimerecords.de/bitr045.htm

The re-programmed patches/presets in The Legend are included with kind permission of Klaus including being directly contacted by Richard at Synapse Audio.
Richard had ordered the patch book too and we both did our best to fine tune the patches, also based on samples included with a CD included with the patch charts book.

Again many thanks to Klaus for the permission. :hug:

Besides some fine tuning re-prgramming patch sheets in The Legend seems to be quite straightforward and the parameter ranges seemed to be carefully adjusted abased on the real thing.
Those 107 pathces based on teh patch sheets/charts mostly use the original features so no advanced features like e.g. FXs and Unison are used there. The "Late" model (available at the advanced settings, also called "simulation options") was used for those, also as the early model was not available when those patches were created. If you like you could switch those to the "Early" model where necessary. You should not notice a differnce with all patches but with some for sure.

Have fun with The Legend,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

KVRAF
15225 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Ingonator wrote:Hi everyone,
now that The Legend seems to be available at the official website a few more informations concerning my own contrubutions to The Legend (besides beta testing).
Here it comes........... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRAF
5600 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:59 pm

Looking good. No time to demo yet.

No velocity sensitivity? :(

KVRAF
2589 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:02 pm

Just want to make sure before I commit- If I buy the RE, I can get the crossgrade to the VST for free. But if I buy the VST, there is no crossgrade. Is that correct?

EDIT- It is correct and confirmed from Synapse Audio. I am the new proud owner of The Legend in both RE and VST. :hyper:

KVRAF
6934 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from NZ

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:26 pm

chk071 wrote: Cool that you compared it to Monark. I was thinking the same, not quite the punch which Monark has (not sure why really, but the Synapse envelopes always seem a bit straw-y to me). But sounds really sweet, smooth and round, and totally Moogy. And the filter is much fun. Well done Synapse. :)
I think it is because of Reaktor engine. All of Reaktor synths are punchy. I love it of course! Reaktor blocks are another world also! Anyway, the advantage of Reaktor Monark (or blocks) is that it stands very easy in the mix, so if you want this clear, sharp and defined sound, then Reaktor/Monark is the best answer IMO.

Oh man, I think I'm having the best synths I have ever dreamt of! I feel soooooooooooo spoiled! Excellent feeling though! :hihi:
Cubase Pro 11, Studio One Pro v5, NI, Arturia, u-he, Synapse Audio, Kilohearts, Korg, Sugar Bytes, PA and others.
PC with Win10, MODX 6, KeyLab MK II, iTwo interface, ATOM, DT 990 Pro and HS7 monitors.

KVRAF
10092 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Examigan wrote:
zvenx wrote: Seems like BT forgot to include pitchwheel and modwheel in his patches.... will play more when I come home.
rsp
I noticed one or two have just pitch bend and no mod wheel, but that is probably on purpose, as many others of his have both mapped out.
Ok.. I spent 3 minutes including installation before I had to head out..
Tomorrow will spend more time with it.
Thanks
Rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”