Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

I still need to get this one. Anyone know how often it goes on sale and what % off? Quick google search showed a 40% off sale in may last year. Any hope for a repeat?

Anyone has insight whether we can expect a future performance boost in Dune 3 as well?

Dunno. DUNE is already pretty good and the problem with using AVX is that older machines don't support it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yeah, 8 years old or so. Plenty enough of a cutoff point I'd say.

I guess the argument could go either way.
As Dune3 is somewhat regarded as being on par with a hardware synth, the requirement of a modern cpu is not too much to ask. Personally, i've never used a computer longer than 6 years. Median is around 3-4 years.

Is DUNE comparible in quality to THE LEGEND? And how is it in comparison concerning HIVE (formost upcoming HIVE2 - I watched the video about the new features and I think it will get great). Does one need DUNE when already using HIVE or ZEBRA?

Legend has a awesome sound quality in my opinion and its reletively low on CPU even with the new 8 voices polyphony update. Thank you for that one by the way. I love it / As a keyboard player I appreciate that update very much.

no avx here, wont have till my pc dies

nichttuntun wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:50 am Is DUNE comparible in quality to THE LEGEND? And how is it in comparison concerning HIVE (formost upcoming HIVE2 - I watched the video about the new features and I think it will get great). Does one need DUNE when already using HIVE or ZEBRA?

Legend has a awesome sound quality in my opinion and its reletively low on CPU even with the new 8 voices polyphony update. Thank you for that one by the way. I love it / As a keyboard player I appreciate that update very much.
Dune 3 is newer and costs more. Quality is the same, difference is feature set and character.
Last edited by v1o on Mon May 20, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

InsertNameHere wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 5:16 am I still need to get this one. Anyone know how often it goes on sale and what % off? Quick google search showed a 40% off sale in may last year. Any hope for a repeat?
My guess Black Friday or in December.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

nichttuntun wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:50 am Is DUNE comparible in quality to THE LEGEND? And how is it in comparison concerning HIVE (formost upcoming HIVE2 - I watched the video about the new features and I think it will get great). Does one need DUNE when already using HIVE or ZEBRA?
Best way is to demo them. Hive 2 demo will be out soon and Dune3 demo lasts for a month so you can try them alongside.

Some pointers:
Zebra is thing on its own.
Hive and Dune have a similar soundflavour ( for what that comment is worth). Dune has 3 osc's; Hive has 2.

Strong points of Dune for me are the sheer amount of voices/layers it can master and very nice analog filters and effects. The sound quality is quite stunning.

The new modulation lanes of Hive 2 bring it into a new ballpark with possibilities of extensive modulation and even generative music. The number of slots in the mod matrix is limited (we'll see how this plays out).

nice update

Seeing as Dune 3 has 3 virtual analog oscillators and a 24 dB Transistor Ladder filter model, is there anything sonically that The Legend can do that Dune 3 can't?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 am Well the udpate made me want to try the demo so I downloaded and installed it. Oh sorry, your 30 day demo period is over. Oh I guess I demoed it at some point in the past. What a stupid f'n demo policy. They really don't want to make a sale huh? Apparently not if you can never ever try it again.
Just buy it. Trust me. It’s so worth it. 8)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:00 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 am Well the udpate made me want to try the demo so I downloaded and installed it. Oh sorry, your 30 day demo period is over. Oh I guess I demoed it at some point in the past. What a stupid f'n demo policy. They really don't want to make a sale huh? Apparently not if you can never ever try it again.
Just buy it. Trust me. It’s so worth it. 8)
Thing is I already have Monark. I'm always sort of on the fence about maybe buying Diva again as well. And I don't remember being blown away by the Legend when I first tried it. But I've changed my mind plenty of times about synths. I do sort of have an issue with a product that doesn't even give you the chance to take a second look at some point though. I mean it's just a stupid strategy for trying to sell something.

The Legend does 8X oversampling for the engine. Dune 3 i think just up to 3x (and only for analog filters).
If you need that? Sometimes, sometimes it does not matter much.

Return to “Instruments”