Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Muziksculp
KVRAF
1553 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:40 pm

thejonsolo wrote:Just want to make sure before I commit- If I buy the RE, I can get the crossgrade to the VST for free. But if I buy the VST, there is no crossgrade. Is that correct?

EDIT- It is correct and confirmed from Synapse Audio. I am the new proud owner of The Legend in both RE and VST. :hyper:
Congratulations ! and Thanks for confirming that purchasing the RE version will allow me to get the VST version for Free.

Q. Did you have to email Synapse your RE receipt, and they emailed you a serial number ? (if that's not the case), then how does this work ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

thejonsolo
KVRAF
2505 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Re: Synapse Audio The Legend synthesizer for Reason and VST/AU!

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Muziksculp wrote:Q. Did you have to email Synapse your RE receipt, and they emailed you a serial number ? (if that's not the case), then how does this work ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Just send them purchase confirmation. They have not YET sent me the VST license but confirmed via email that it was on its way.

A quick note about the sound- WOW!

Muziksculp
KVRAF
1553 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:00 pm

thejonsolo wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Q. Did you have to email Synapse your RE receipt, and they emailed you a serial number ? (if that's not the case), then how does this work ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Just send them purchase confirmation. They have not YET sent me the VST license but confirmed via email that it was on its way.

A quick note about the sound- WOW!
Thanks ! and I like the quick note about the sound :) Now I'm even more excited, and have more GAS :hihi:

Synthetic Wav
KVRist
406 posts since 27 Feb, 2014 from France

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:03 pm

sound intresting, a bit disapointed by the osc 3 / noise modulation but i enjoy the filter for resonant sweep , envelop modulation on it and overall balance of the sound of the synth

it could sound more extreme it could have been a monark replacement but after a short try i think the synapse is better for some sounds and monark for some others
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Elektronisch
Banned
3902 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Ok, so im demoing The Legend. It sounds really great! Congratulations Synapse!

Im also doing some small comparison between Diva, Monark, The Legend. I tried to match settings of Monark to The Legend, the sound was totaly different. I saw EnGee wrote that sound is very close. Can you share the patches? to me in every case scenario the sound was different. I am not sure if i did something wrong?

But i did tried to match the settings of The Legend and Diva, and those actually did matched quite good, even sound is similar.

Now this is open thinking:
There are comparisons online and written by reviewers that Monark is very close to Minimoog (model D if i recall). There are barely comparisons of Diva to Moog, but for my own surprise it sounds very similar to The Legend. The makers of Legend claim its so close, i got impression its 1:1 to Moog. Yet it sounds very different from Monark.

So wich is saying the truth and wich is really closest to the Moog ? :D

People who actually still own Moogs can any of you try to match the settings? :) i personaly dont believe to those who owned Moogs, because memories can be very fuzzy and misleading :)

p.s. can some one on earth make a spot on emulation of Prophet 5? we have enough of those moogs :D

EnGee
KVRAF
6119 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Elektronisch wrote: Im also doing some small comparison between Diva, Monark, The Legend. I tried to match settings of Monark to The Legend, the sound was totaly different. I saw EnGee wrote that sound is very close. Can you share the patches? to me in every case scenario the sound was different. I am not sure if i did something wrong?
I didn't match settings, and I didn't try to do anything scientific to compare the two! I did some going back and forth between the patches that already there. I felt they are very close but Monark is more punchy and I can say Legend is more beefy.

Of course the two are not the same! What's the point of making another Monark?! But the character is very near although I've noticed that the filter is different (not just little) when playing with the cutoff/resonance.
Win 10 with Live 10 (or S1 v4) and ATOM/nektar P4 these days 8)

Elektronisch
Banned

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:08 pm

EnGee wrote:
Elektronisch wrote: Im also doing some small comparison between Diva, Monark, The Legend. I tried to match settings of Monark to The Legend, the sound was totaly different. I saw EnGee wrote that sound is very close. Can you share the patches? to me in every case scenario the sound was different. I am not sure if i did something wrong?
I didn't match settings, and I didn't try to do anything scientific to compare the two! I did some going back and forth between the patches that already there. I felt they are very close but Monark is more punchy and I can say Legend is more beefy.

Of course the two are not the same! What's the point of making another Monark?! But the character is very near although I've noticed that the filter is different (not just little) when playing with the cutoff/resonance.
Ah i see. Well the point is not to make Monark but Moog emulation. That was the poin of NI and Synapse to do that. So if they are so close and if even by some claim that one or a another is almost same as Moog shouldnt then Monark and Legend be similar in terms of sound and settings matching :) at least that would be most logical sense :)

brok landers
KVRAF
6116 posts since 26 Sep, 2003 from right here, as you can see ...

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:13 pm

zvenx wrote:shite. thanks
and I am just about to head out :(

and it is $99.

Seems like BT forgot to include pitchwheel and modwheel in his patches.... will play more when I come home.
rsp
might well be. actually i haven't made "presets" at all for legend. those few so called "presets" by me were actually made during the progress of developing legend, and for the comparsion audio files. i only happened to store them and richard included these presets for reference.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

EnGee
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Elektronisch wrote:
EnGee wrote:

Ah i see. Well the point is not to make Monark but Moog emulation. That was the poin of NI and Synapse to do that. So if they are so close and if even by some claim that one or a another is almost same as Moog shouldnt then Monark and Legend be similar in terms of sound and settings matching :) at least that would be most logical sense :)
No, because if you ask anyone who has experience with more than one Minimoog, he/she would tell you, they don't sound the same exactly.
So, I don't doubt what the two has achieved with Monark and Legend, I trust the two camps really.

EnGee
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:15 pm

By the way, just few minutes playing around and I found those two patches are very near in character. Play them on both and see for yourself:
Bootsie Funk BT in Legend and Mayday in Monark (set the octave to 0)

Elektronisch
Banned

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:50 pm

EnGee wrote:By the way, just few minutes playing around and I found those two patches are very near in character. Play them on both and see for yourself:
Bootsie Funk BT in Legend and Mayday in Monark (set the octave to 0)
Thank you, actually to my ear they sound very different. Filter behaviour might be similar on those patches but for the rest its very different. You can clearly hear when you play lower octave how "wobbly" the phase is on Legend where's on Monark feels steady. The distortion is also different, in Legend its quire gritty in the lower-mid end. By the way its not a bad thing, for that patch i liked the sound from Legend more, because of the grit :)

Ingonator
KVRAF
12195 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:56 pm

Elektronisch wrote: But i did tried to match the settings of The Legend and Diva, and those actually did matched quite good, even sound is similar.
:D
This is quite funny as the setings in Diva are not calubrated at all to fit the paramezers ranges of teh real thing.

As mentioned in my longer post at the previous page i re-programmed 107 patches based on Minimoog patch sheets by Klaus P. Rausch (those in the "K.P.Rausch Classic Patches" sub-folder) and besides some fine-tuning it was possible to directly transfer the values from teh patch sheets.
This is impossible with Diva. A ot of tweaking is possibe there to match the patches from patch sheets.

With Monark the parameter ranges are quuite close to the real thing too so re-programming patch sheets is almost as simple as with The Legend.

Anyway concerning how a real Minimoog should sound The Legend seems to be the new "reference" and should be superior to MOnark in that respect.

FWIW i curently own The Legend, Monark, Diva and Arturia Mini V3 and 11 years also owned a real Minimoog Model D (+ a Moog slim Phatty until last year).
Beta tester & sound designer
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4015 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:04 am

The Vsti has been released! :D

Off to try it out finally :hyper:

http://www.synapse-audio.com/thelegend.html
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

EnGee
KVRAF

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:19 am

Touch The Universe wrote:The Vsti has been released! :D

Off to try it out finally :hyper:

http://www.synapse-audio.com/thelegend.html
You just woke up! Right? :hihi:

Touch The Universe
KVRAF
4015 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:30 am

Haha, about to go to sleep actually. :D I've been keeping up with this thread but somehow overlooked the post, or link, would have been nice if someone actually mentioned it explicitly -- could've had a lot of fun sooner! :hihi:

I just went through all the presets and messed around tweaking slightly. What a sound! :love:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

Return to “Instruments”