Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

I think the Legend is great as it is. It has Poly 4 and Poly 8 modes that are excellent for pads. Not sure what additional oscillator would do, but if I suggest a feature, it would be a step sequencer (a vintage one like the Korg ARP Odyssey Arpeggiator section which can be modulator as well):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v1o wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:13 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:59 pm
v1o wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 pm Paraphony is vastly inherently superior to polyphony. It sounds more like vintage analogue to my ears because every note has the same colour as they are passed through the same filter and envelope generator. And its good to have another option that sounds different to the standard poly and mono modes.
0. you sudenly saw new behringers product and decided all that like all of sudden? or what you just cannot afford hardware and think if you will sudenly have behringer like softsynth you will be all good hardware like user or what?
1. inherently superior to polyphony, why? how you decided that?
2. it sounds more like vintage analog to your ears, why? please define me vintage analogue sound
3. And you know all this because?

man you are such a goofball :dog: ook we have an expert with Orion 2 and Muzys 2 who thinks that he knows what sounds more vintage analogue :clap:
No, I always liked paraphonic instruments like the Korg Monopoly and also string machines. It's a different sound.

Why are you against a Para mode as an additional option?
Im not against it, im against stupid arguments like "paraphonic superior" and "more vintage analog sound".

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:38 am
v1o wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 pm Paraphony is vastly inherently superior to polyphony. It sounds more like vintage analogue to my ears because every note has the same colour as they are passed through the same filter and envelope generator. And its good to have another option that sounds different to the standard poly and mono modes.
0. you sudenly saw new behringers product and decided all that like all of sudden? or what you just cannot afford hardware and think if you will sudenly have behringer like softsynth you will be all good hardware like user or what?
2. it sounds more like vintage analog to your ears, why? please define me vintage analogue sound

man you are such a goofball :dog: ook we have an expert with Orion 2 and Muzys 2 who thinks that he knows what sounds more vintage analogue :clap:
No, I always liked paraphonic instruments like the Korg Monopoly and also string machines. It's a different sound.

Im not against it, im against stupid arguments like "paraphonic superior" and "more vintage analog sound".
Fine you don't like Paraphony. But why is it stupid?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:04 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:38 am

Fine you don't like Paraphony. But why is it stupid?
No its not stupid, but your arguments are.

:?

Richard just said the beta of the OB will begin very soon:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=840

Oh boy! Oh boy! :hyper: let's save from now for the intro price then :)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:00 pm Richard just said the beta of the OB will begin very soon:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=840
Sounds like ti was referencing an earlier conversation. Did he say what exact synth it would be modeling?

it was the OB-Xa if I remember right

Happy Days!

How long after a beta starts would you say the product gets released roughy. Cheers

Finally a normal, general-purpose polyphonic synth again, no pimpled up monophonic one, no super duper unison engine, no wavetables, etc. :tu:

Niowiad wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:08 pm it was the OB-Xa if I remember right
I believe so. Richard mentioned that, a P600, and even potentially a Memorymoog with the first two being in various stages of development. The Memorymoog needed a MIDI retrofit before any potential development could begin. Would be great to get more exacting emulations off classics like those.

Has anyone noticed that the Legend does not store the pitch bend range in the project? It gets reset to 2. I've tested in both Bitwig and Ableton Live. How has this gone unnoticed for this long? It makes mpe use kinda impossible and any pitch bend other than the default because any change gets changed back when a project is loaded again.

I can confirm that in Reaper, Maschine and FL20, too. Reported.

Return to “Instruments”