Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:07 am Ok I figured it out and probably why no one caught it....Values up to +-23 will load fine but values of 24 and over will not.

Try that and see if you can reproduce it. Try with values less than 24 and see if they recall.

I have never needed a two octave or more pitch bend and I guess I'm not alone. Normally +- 12 semitones is the most I need. A four octave bend makes no sense to me but hey to each his own. I'll report my findings as well.
D'oh! That would have been a sensible thing for me to test. Yes it saves everything under 24.

24 and 48 are typical settings for using a linnstrument or seaboard though. I'm sure that will be a quick fix. Thanks for testing!

Cool ! At least we solved the mystery. Hopefully a fix will come soon for those who need the higher PB range. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:09 am
smellypants wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:51 pmHow long after a beta starts would you say the product gets released roughy. Cheers
I can't see it being less than a couple of months and maybe as long as six if there are any serious problems that take time to fix. Gotta wait for the patch programmers to make the banks and stuff like that, too. Plus making it Retina ready for Mac seems to require a lot of work that delays everything. It would probably be out by now if it was PC only.
Cheers for the insight mate x

I was sent a copy already that fixes the issue so I'm sure it will be posted soon on the site.
:)

How is the OBXA coming along?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:40 am How is the OBXA coming along?
It's great, if you enjoyed The Legend, chances are you're also going to love this one. Sounds amazing.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:43 am
v1o wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:40 am How is the OBXA coming along?
It's great, if you enjoyed The Legend, chances are you're also going to love this one. Sounds amazing.
Is this real? Is it actually that far along? Are you beta testing?

Has any information been shared about it yet? Only the low-pass filter of the X series? Or variable types like the SEM? Would it keep the osc cross mod of the X? Or has it been ditched like the Xa? Hopefully it's sort of a best of all features.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:43 pm

Has any information been shared about it yet?
its constantly changing, so any info is pointless at this point in time

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, the big model of the OB-Xa had 8 voices, so, I assume that... it has 8 voices. :)

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:56 pm More would be better. No real need to limit polyphony like that these days.
Unless of course you're goal is to accurately emulate vintage hardware that had limited polyphony, of course.

But that aside, CPU consumption may also play a very real role.

Legend is polyphonic, so...

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

When the synth as such sounds as good as the original, one doesn't have to layer or use unison. When 8 voices were enough on the hardware, why not on the software one might wonder :wink:
When there is such a limit, the way voice stealing is implemented is important.

Return to “Instruments”