Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

guys, thanks for the nice words, but... it's a synth with just a few knobs... i fear, nothing i could provide isn't something you couldn't dial in in a few minutes anyway, no?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

No. Do it please.

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:59 am would be nice to get some classic sounds from Brok in Legend and OBsession to counterpoint the plethora of tedious edm crap they currently have in the factory banks
It is a strange day when I agree partiality with you. But I wont' go as far and call it tedious. But indeed I do wish both came with more non edm type, more traditional type sounds.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

brok landers wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:47 am guys, thanks for the nice words, but... it's a synth with just a few knobs... i fear, nothing i could provide isn't something you couldn't dial in in a few minutes anyway, no?
If that was the case Synapse wouldn't include 530 factory patches AND sell a Legend Sound bank by KS with 80 more :)

By far my favourite factory preset on Obsession is your one patch there.

I indeed have made some patches for Legend which i quite like but everytime I go to even some of your legend patches (devoid of modulation as they are) I am reminded that Sound Design is a talent, a craft and not everyone has it.

rsp
sound sculptist

Absolutely agreed, Brok should do a The Legend soundbank!

brok landers wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:47 am guys, thanks for the nice words, but... it's a synth with just a few knobs... i fear, nothing i could provide isn't something you couldn't dial in in a few minutes anyway, no?
The thing is a successful bank doesn't need to have 128 patches. 24 or 32 quality patches are enough.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I agree.

Besides the fact that the legend itself sounds great out of the box, factory patches are so simple i don't even browse them because finding the patch you thought is nice is harder then making it. And those "complex" like sounding are just sunk in tons of reverb..

Guys don't be lazy, the synth is easy like 2+2 and it has nothing to it that requires mastery.

Well lets hear what you have done with it.
Dont be shy.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:35 pm Well lets hear what you have done with it.
Dont be shy.
rsp
Check the factory content

Dont know which sound designer is you. But I have been on the record several times here on kvr that i am not impressed by the factory bank at all. Hence it needs a big tone or himalaya touch to it.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Or an eric persing, which clearly would never happen.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:44 pm Dont know which one is you. But i have said several times here on kvr that i am not impressed by the factory bank at all. Hence it needs a big tone or himalaya touch to it.
Rsp
Yeah well to have that "big" tone the synth has to have some features that lets you have that big sound. Which is also subjective because to me Legend sounds huge/big. What you hear in factory it stretches out the limits.

The synth has 2/3 oscillators (1 can be used as lfo) and also can be modulated by noise. Delay and reverb. 2 envelopes that cannot be assigned :-) if you are in to sound design you should understand that :-)

The key is how you use the sound, alot of those ambient demos are just nice musical demos and you can make them with what's in The Legend.

You know a lot of BigTone's masterpieces are delicate rather than big sounding right?

I have both softube and monark and for my use their factory banks are magnitudes more minimoog impressive to me.
Of course ymmv.

I am mid 50s and have been around synths since my late teens. Enough to appreciate that sound design is a skill and talent, like any other art form. Being able to simple turn knobs abs sliders does not a sound designer make me.
Rsp
sound sculptist

I am familiar with BT sound and he has done a great work. But it's not about the BT but about the synth itself that's just incredibly limited in comparison what there is already made in the factory content :-)

But yeah anyways in your case i have nothing else to say, good luck, stay safe :-)

the trouble is, the best analogue sounds are the simplest ones, but..... they don't have the 'wow factor' to what seems to be a large part of today's market....

so a dev will be more likely to include 'big' sounds that are all fur coat and no knickers and could really be any synth, rather than classic sounds that are specific to a synth (but hey, you can do those in any synth too right?)

seems odd to spend so much time modelling micro details of a classic synth to then fill it with sounds from a modern generic cheese fest genre...

imo

ymmv

Return to “Instruments”