Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Examigan wrote: It can be switched to 4-voice poly.
Either 4-voice poly or 4-voice Unison (all 4 voices played at once). In both cases the "Spread" knob could add stero width.

As mentioned yesterday the CPU use at 4 voices seems to be less than 2 times of that with a single voice so it is quite efficient CPU wise (with both mono and poly use).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Examigan wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:
db3 wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Q. Is the Reverb in the VST version of The Legend in the Back Panel ? (if Yes) How do you access the back panel in the VST version ?
There a button to switch to back panel view...where you can access effects and global settings.

Sounds gorgeous. :phones:
Oh.. I see.

And, is it Polyphonic as well, or only Monophonic ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
It can be switched to 4-voice poly.
Cool. I haven't heard any demos of the Legend when it is switched to this 4-voice poly mode. It should be interesting to hear it play some sounds in poly-mode (i.e. some pads , brass, strings,..etc. )

Muziksculp wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:
db3 wrote:
Muziksculp wrote:Q. Is the Reverb in the VST version of The Legend in the Back Panel ? (if Yes) How do you access the back panel in the VST version ?
There a button to switch to back panel view...where you can access effects and global settings.

Sounds gorgeous. :phones:
Oh.. I see.

And, is it Polyphonic as well, or only Monophonic ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
It can be switched to 4-voice poly.
Cool. I haven't heard any demos of the Legend when it is switched to this 4-voice poly mode. It should be interesting to hear it play some sounds in poly-mode (i.e. some pads , brass, strings,..etc. )
Download the demo and try it yourself :wink:

aMUSEd wrote:Is audiorate modulation possible using the Reason CV inputs?
CVs are controlled by Reason. Audio-rate modulation is not supported by Reason yet, to my knowledge.
aMUSEd wrote:Also are the 2 versions patch compatible?
The VST version (full version, not demo) can load and save RE patches. The RE version cannot load or save VST patches, since Reason is a closed system.

Richard
Last edited by Richard_Synapse on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Cinebient wrote: I find that Dagger (a mono synth) f.e. has much more balls for bass sound.
Thats not even close to being true :lol:
I compared dagger to my SP hardware filter here, its nothing like it.

Muziksculp wrote:Cool. I haven't heard any demos of the Legend when it is switched to this 4-voice poly mode. It should be interesting to hear it play some sounds in poly-mode (i.e. some pads , brass, strings,..etc. )
Cinematic Strings (second example after the "boom" sound which is from Legend too) and Glass Pad at the very end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u70GfIMXX_s

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

AnX wrote:
Cinebient wrote: I find that Dagger (a mono synth) f.e. has much more balls for bass sound.
I compared it to The Legend.

Muziksculp wrote: Cool. I haven't heard any demos of the Legend when it is switched to this 4-voice poly mode. It should be interesting to hear it play some sounds in poly-mode (i.e. some pads , brass, strings,..etc. )
The "Poly" category/sub-folder in the presets includes exactly such patches. FWIW there are also a few Brass, pad and Strings sounds from myself (those with "IW" at the end). I also made a E_oiano like sound called "Tremolo EP IW" (also foudn in the Poly category).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Cinebient wrote:
AnX wrote:
What i mean is, it doesnt have more "balls for bass sounds" (than legend, or pretty much anything)....and, their SP filter emulation is very poor.

Two diff points.

Ingonator wrote:
Cinebient wrote: It´s not for me. O.k. i was not searching for a Minimoog model so it might be the reason.
At least i know now that i don´t need any of these Minimoog emulations.
So while several times it was mentioned this is a proper Minimoog emulation (with some additional advanced features not found in th real thing) you now tell a proper Minimoog emulation is not what you are interested in.
Sounds a bit strange to me. So what did you really expect from this? Maybe something that is only remotely close to a real Mini with tons of additional features?

For me the advanced features currently available including e.g. 12dB filter mode, 4 voice Poly (with adjustable stereo spread), 4 voice Unison (with adjustable stereo spread), full ADSR envelopes (instead of ADS or ADSD), Delay + Reverb effects, 2 switchable Minimoog models and others are enough at the moment, not to forget it runs without using Reaktor and does not kill your CPU (even when using polyphony).

FWIW theoretically adding e.g. velocity and/or aftertouch control could be something for a future update if enough customers would request this.
What i mean is when The Legend is the most acurate emulation of a Minimoog Model D, it seems i even would not like the original hardware and don't need to try the other emulations like Monark and future products (maybe if Moog do their own ones with the extras they gave Model 15).
How i said, there are synths which does a lot more for less.
Maybe i'm too biased since Moog surprised me with this beast of a Model 15 app for a dinner.
I know they are totally different but that means i would more like to buy a real Model 15 (or 4) rather than a Minimoog D. Of course they are both out of my price range and not neccessary for my needs too.
That said, Dune 2 is still my favourite non-hybrid synth from all and i would like to have those filters, envelopes...whatever there rather than in a (for me) boring, static and lifeless synth (compared to Dune 2).
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
AnX wrote:
What i mean is, it doesnt have more "balls for bass sounds" (than legend, or pretty much anything)....and, their SP filter emulation is very poor.

Two diff points.
So must be flavour then. Which is fine. We are just humans with different meanings :wink:

Cinebient wrote: That said, Dune 2 is still my favourite non-hybrid synth from all and i would like to have those filters, envelopes...whatever there rather than in a (for me) boring, static and liveless synth (compared to Dune 2).
Dune2 is a hybrid synth, and with the last up date it pretty much has all that stuff (new analog envs etc etc)

Best to stick with that.

AnX wrote:
Cinebient wrote: That said, Dune 2 is still my favourite non-hybrid synth from all and i would like to have those filters, envelopes...whatever there rather than in a (for me) boring, static and liveless synth (compared to Dune 2).
Dune2 is a hybrid synth, and with the last up date it pretty much has all that stuff (new analog envs etc etc)

Best to stick with that.
I mean a synth/sampler hybrid, sorry.
And if Dune 2 has everything i would of course don't need The Legend. That's all i wanted to know.
And that's what i experienced myself while demo The Legend. It just give me not enough new which would let me spend 100 bucks.
I still like Synapse Audio!

Cinebient wrote:
AnX wrote:

Best to stick with that.
I mean a synth/sampler hybrid, sorry.
And if Dune 2 has everything i would of course don't need The Legend. That's all i wanted to know.
And that's what i experienced myself while demo The Legend. It just give me not enough new which would let me spend 100 bucks.
I still like Synapse Audio!
Thats the beauty of a demo version, if you dont like it, nothing is lost :wink:

Ahhh see now that makes sense.... I have sometimes if u recall, questioned ur sometimes non traditional programming use of pitchbend, but ur patches have never been 'incomplete'...
Will spend today with it.. could we persuade you to 'finish' those BT patches please?
Thanks
Rsp

brok landers wrote:
zvenx wrote:shite. thanks
and I am just about to head out :(

and it is $99.

Seems like BT forgot to include pitchwheel and modwheel in his patches.... will play more when I come home.
rsp
might well be. actually i haven't made "presets" at all for legend. those few so called "presets" by me were actually made during the progress of developing legend, and for the comparsion audio files. i only happened to store them and richard included these presets for reference.
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”