Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

From the manual:

8.8 Equlaizer :hihi:

Is it that Viper can download single cycles but not wavetables? Tried with 2 different sets of Virus wavetables and they both only played the first waveform but no possibility to sweep through the wavetable. Only first -> saw -> square.

I know there's readme -file in the waveforms folder but it didn't really enlighten that and manual doesn't say a word of it.

adamtrance wrote:you can load your own single cycle waveforms
Reading in the first post :dog:

You can also load your own single cycle waves, if you copy them to 'viper/waveforms/user' in 16 bit, mono .WAV format.

Reading in the manual :dog:

That "it is possible to blend between a wavetable, a sawtooth..." gives an image that I could load wavetables instead of single cycles.

Shiek927 wrote:Can't understand anybody disliking the GUI because I love it. It's super simple and easy to use. I emailed Roland Cloud awhile back suggesting that they take inspiration from Viper because I wanted them to improve their GUis.
Of course, The Interface works, it´s no mistake but i like the JP6K from Adam which has a very good GUI. A bit of JP, a bit of TI and f course, Supersaw. :tu: To bad that is only 32bit, (i think it could works as Rack extensions too?)

Adam, maybe think about... GUI become more important. I´m very dissapointed from Predator 2 which tooks all magical from P1. And Cableguys/KHZ effects working in Sound and GUI but there Synths are not very good to use for me, unfortunataly..And many Rack extension are also pain.
(I repeat, I only use a laptop 15inch)

I wish us all a nice weekend, :wink:
Matt

I really like the GUI. Though it'd be nice if that basic red skin could be changed like you can that display. I'd turn it to metal darkish grey with blue displays :tu:

Oooh, that soundcloud link is down. I'm guessing they must have deleted it. Hope it's a sign that the bank is out soon!

And yeah, a Virus TI Snow inspired skin would be fun to have :)

Adam, any comments about voices? Currently Viper only has 64 voices and you ran out of them pretty quickly. Sylenth has 256. Can you add that too? If you add 256 voices (at least) and when 64 bit is coming out, I am going to buy your Viper. Really good sounding synth. Thank you for you hard work!

Yes I plan to increase the voices but only after the 64 bit is out.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

For those needing help with creating their own single-cycle waveforms to drop into Viper, you can use an audio-editor to load up wavetables, copy a single wave, save, and load up that :). Dropping a whole wavetable set won't get you the results you're looking for.

Saying this because I realize just many wavetables are out there, but finding single cycle waveforms are curiously trickier.

64 voices. Do you not get another 64 voices when you load another instance as VSTi ? Are voices just simultaneously pressed notes in this context (polyphony) ? Thanks for clarifying.

Ofcourse you get another 64 voices when you load another instance, but as mentioned I will increase the voice amount after the 64 bit is finished.

Thought so and I am not moaning Adam I am just wondering what the complaint is then really with 64 voice/polyphony. Who plays 64 note chords ?

Well unison uses voices too so if you have 8 unison and you press a single note you are already using 8 polyphony, and if you have a long release time and you press another key, then you already used 16, etc...
Last edited by adamszabo on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok so that is the important distinction between voices and polyphony. I read the manual page for voicing and poly and it was not clear. Maybe it is common knowledge that I was not aware of. Thanks for clarifying

Return to “Instruments”