Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
tristan-
KVRist
395 posts since 11 Dec, 2004

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:17 pm
I wanna buy viper, but for the price I can't bring myself to do it. synthmaster for instance, has many more features and is generally sold for a fraction of the price from a single-dev aswell. Plus it wasn't made in flowstone . it also has a standalone version. viper sounds good but it's very basic when compared to other synths in the same price range. why would someone with sylenth, dune 2 or serum add this to their collection unless they suffer from GAS? and you know most of us own at least one of them. I think if it was like 50 bucks everybody would have it because at that price why not? Then again I use free plugins all the time like charlatan too (it does great super saws too) even when I have plenty of other synths. I know Adam spent a ton of time on it but he is the only one attached to that effort. no one else is. viper is still just a flowstone synth that's trying to compete with other synths that aren't made in flowstone, and have more features. I can get a copy of spire for around 100 bucks on the kvr market place. as a matter of fact I have(then I sold it because even spire had too much overlap with my other synths). like I said, I think viper is awesome, but at its current price I just don't see it becoming as popular as it can. its main selling point being that the supersaws are based on the virus ,but to me that's just too small of a reason to buy it for a smacking 100 bucks(someone is selling sylenth in the kvr market place for 100 bucks atm, and I think that's a way better deal considering its not made in flowstone, and has tons of presets). some people might not see flowstone as a negative but to me it kind of is. their forums always seem dead tbh and if there's a bug in flowstone then adam wouldn't be able to do anything about it unless until flowstone devs fixed it (just like what happened with the 64 bit version, adam was at the mercy of flowstone to make a 64bit version which wouldn't have happened if he had just coded it all himself, sure it would have been more work but that's why I'm more willing to spend money on something that's been coded from the ground up because the devs have control over every single aspect of their vst). also, please don't jump on me for my opinions, I want viper to be a success, but for the price I don't see it happenying.
Luckily most buyers are not like you or KVR members. The price worths it. It has ton of features and some which don't exist in others you mentioned and I don't think price has to reflect what it was done with, as a matter of fact Adam did the mistake telling you that in the first place. However you can choose not to buy which I guess you did. Viper is NOTHING but basic, as you say.

User avatar
tristan-
KVRist
395 posts since 11 Dec, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm
synths like surge that just went free used to cost 99$ can can do way more than viper and now it's free. (plus surge is 64bit and no flowstone), I think it would be way easier to sell two copies of viper for 60$ each than 1 copy at 100$ each. And if that's the case, you're losing a chance to make more money!
You clearly have no idea what is a Virus and what features Viper has.

chk071
KVRAF
17213 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm
1. I get that it's selling point is it sounds like a virus, but is that it? The problem with a synths "character" is that to me, it's generally too subtle to *really* matter .
Really? This might sound hard, but, you may want to reconsider your hobby then. If you only buy synths by features, then, of course, you don't need more than one or two. For me, the sound is where the fun is though. That's why people go for Moog synths, even though they cost a fortune, compared to some random cheap analog.

Pyrotek45
KVRist
356 posts since 4 Nov, 2013

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 am

chk071 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm
1. I get that it's selling point is it sounds like a virus, but is that it? The problem with a synths "character" is that to me, it's generally too subtle to *really* matter .
Really? This might sound hard, but, you may want to reconsider your hobby then. If you only buy synths by features, then, of course, you don't need more than one or two. For me, the sound is where the fun is though. That's why people go for Moog synths, even though they cost a fortune, compared to some random cheap analog.
Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Sorry but i dont have to buy synths for the same reasons you do. Perhaps thats why i would put my money on a behringer model d and not a moog as no casual listener will care . They sound the same to me. Subtle differences in saw waves is not a selling point for me.my point is most casual listeners will never care about what synth you chose to make a sound. And if you have to tell people what synth you used for your tracks in the hopes of making them appreciate it more is sad. No listener will care if i use dune 2, sylenth or viper in my track, they just wont.
Last edited by Pyrotek45 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
i have an addiction.....a vst addiction.

Pyrotek45
KVRist
356 posts since 4 Nov, 2013

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 am

tristan- wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm
synths like surge that just went free used to cost 99$ can can do way more than viper and now it's free. (plus surge is 64bit and no flowstone), I think it would be way easier to sell two copies of viper for 60$ each than 1 copy at 100$ each. And if that's the case, you're losing a chance to make more money!
You clearly have no idea what is a Virus and what features Viper has.
Hey i just want viper to be a success. And im of the opinion thay if it was slightly cheaper, it would sell more but i respect others disagree. Thats fine too. But time will tell who's right in the end.
i have an addiction.....a vst addiction.

User avatar
tristan-
KVRist
395 posts since 11 Dec, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:35 am

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 am
tristan- wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm
synths like surge that just went free used to cost 99$ can can do way more than viper and now it's free. (plus surge is 64bit and no flowstone), I think it would be way easier to sell two copies of viper for 60$ each than 1 copy at 100$ each. And if that's the case, you're losing a chance to make more money!
You clearly have no idea what is a Virus and what features Viper has.
Hey i just want viper to be a success. And im of the opinion thay if it was slightly cheaper, it would sell more but i respect others disagree. Thats fine too. But time will tell who's right in the end.
Do you? You clearly have no idea of the synth and it's features. Do your homework first.

And regarding pricing - right now it's priced about half of it's direct competition.

Pyrotek45
KVRist
356 posts since 4 Nov, 2013

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:39 am

tristan- wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:35 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 am
tristan- wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm
synths like surge that just went free used to cost 99$ can can do way more than viper and now it's free. (plus surge is 64bit and no flowstone), I think it would be way easier to sell two copies of viper for 60$ each than 1 copy at 100$ each. And if that's the case, you're losing a chance to make more money!
You clearly have no idea what is a Virus and what features Viper has.
Hey i just want viper to be a success. And im of the opinion thay if it was slightly cheaper, it would sell more but i respect others disagree. Thats fine too. But time will tell who's right in the end.
Do you? You clearly have no idea of the synth and it's features. Do your homework first.

And regarding pricing - right now it's priced about half of it's direct competition.
All i can say is i dont think the sales are where adam would like judging from the thread... I just think he would sell more if it was cheaper. Didnt think my opinion would matter to you very much. Maybe im wrong or maybe not. Time will tell.
i have an addiction.....a vst addiction.

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2312 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 am

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:17 pm
I wanna buy viper, but for the price I can't bring myself to do it. synthmaster for instance, has many more features and is generally sold for a fraction of the price from a single-dev aswell. Plus it wasn't made in flowstone . it also has a standalone version. viper sounds good but it's very basic when compared to other synths in the same price range. why would someone with sylenth, dune 2 or serum add this to their collection unless they suffer from GAS? and you know most of us own at least one of them. I think if it was like 50 bucks everybody would have it because at that price why not? Then again I use free plugins all the time like charlatan too (it does great super saws too) even when I have plenty of other synths. I know Adam spent a ton of time on it but he is the only one attached to that effort. no one else is. viper is still just a flowstone synth that's trying to compete with other synths that aren't made in flowstone, and have more features. I can get a copy of spire for around 100 bucks on the kvr market place. as a matter of fact I have(then I sold it because even spire had too much overlap with my other synths). like I said, I think viper is awesome, but at its current price I just don't see it becoming as popular as it can. its main selling point being that the supersaws are based on the virus ,but to me that's just too small of a reason to buy it for a smacking 100 bucks(someone is selling sylenth in the kvr market place for 100 bucks atm, and I think that's a way better deal considering its not made in flowstone, and has tons of presets). some people might not see flowstone as a negative but to me it kind of is. their forums always seem dead tbh and if there's a bug in flowstone then adam wouldn't be able to do anything about it unless until flowstone devs fixed it (just like what happened with the 64 bit version, adam was at the mercy of flowstone to make a 64bit version which wouldn't have happened if he had just coded it all himself, sure it would have been more work but that's why I'm more willing to spend money on something that's been coded from the ground up because the devs have control over every single aspect of their vst). also, please don't jump on me for my opinions, I want viper to be a success, but for the price I don't see it happening.
I wonder how you would feel like if your employee would rate your work you are doing 1 dollar an hour? People in some Africa countries are getting even much less, why you would have to get more?

Price is very reasonable, especialy in this overcrowded synth market. Im surprised developers are able to make profit at all for selling theyr synths at this crazy low prices these days. Im surprised people that people even complaining about It. If you like using freeware synths, ok, but dont complain about synth prices since they are already quite low, just be happy and make some music instead.

User avatar
tristan-
KVRist
395 posts since 11 Dec, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 am

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:39 am
tristan- wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:35 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 am
tristan- wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm
synths like surge that just went free used to cost 99$ can can do way more than viper and now it's free. (plus surge is 64bit and no flowstone), I think it would be way easier to sell two copies of viper for 60$ each than 1 copy at 100$ each. And if that's the case, you're losing a chance to make more money!
You clearly have no idea what is a Virus and what features Viper has.
Hey i just want viper to be a success. And im of the opinion thay if it was slightly cheaper, it would sell more but i respect others disagree. Thats fine too. But time will tell who's right in the end.
Do you? You clearly have no idea of the synth and it's features. Do your homework first.

And regarding pricing - right now it's priced about half of it's direct competition.
All i can say is i dont think the sales are where adam would like judging from the thread... I just think he would sell more if it was cheaper. Didnt think my opinion would matter to you very much. Maybe im wrong or maybe not. Time will tell.
No. You said it's a basic synth compared to competition. You said also that it's much less featured.
Unless you back it up with valid examples there's absolutely no point in such statements.

Pyrotek45
KVRist
356 posts since 4 Nov, 2013

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:17 pm
I wanna buy viper, but for the price I can't bring myself to do it. synthmaster for instance, has many more features and is generally sold for a fraction of the price from a single-dev aswell. Plus it wasn't made in flowstone . it also has a standalone version. viper sounds good but it's very basic when compared to other synths in the same price range. why would someone with sylenth, dune 2 or serum add this to their collection unless they suffer from GAS? and you know most of us own at least one of them. I think if it was like 50 bucks everybody would have it because at that price why not? Then again I use free plugins all the time like charlatan too (it does great super saws too) even when I have plenty of other synths. I know Adam spent a ton of time on it but he is the only one attached to that effort. no one else is. viper is still just a flowstone synth that's trying to compete with other synths that aren't made in flowstone, and have more features. I can get a copy of spire for around 100 bucks on the kvr market place. as a matter of fact I have(then I sold it because even spire had too much overlap with my other synths). like I said, I think viper is awesome, but at its current price I just don't see it becoming as popular as it can. its main selling point being that the supersaws are based on the virus ,but to me that's just too small of a reason to buy it for a smacking 100 bucks(someone is selling sylenth in the kvr market place for 100 bucks atm, and I think that's a way better deal considering its not made in flowstone, and has tons of presets). some people might not see flowstone as a negative but to me it kind of is. their forums always seem dead tbh and if there's a bug in flowstone then adam wouldn't be able to do anything about it unless until flowstone devs fixed it (just like what happened with the 64 bit version, adam was at the mercy of flowstone to make a 64bit version which wouldn't have happened if he had just coded it all himself, sure it would have been more work but that's why I'm more willing to spend money on something that's been coded from the ground up because the devs have control over every single aspect of their vst). also, please don't jump on me for my opinions, I want viper to be a success, but for the price I don't see it happening.
I wonder how you would feel like if your employee would rate your work you are doing 1 dollar an hour? People in some Africa countries are getting even much less, why you would have to get more?

Price is very reasonable, especialy in this overcrowded synth market. Im surprised developers are able to make profit at all for selling theyr synths at this crazy low prices these days. Im surprised people that people even complaining about It. If you like using freeware synths, ok, but dont complain about synth prices since they are already quite low, just be happy and make some music instead.
Hey i like viper why the hate? I just think it would sell more if it was cheaper. Maybe im wrong who knows but it doesnt seem like its selling enough atm so....but maybe adam is selling a ton of copies, if so he certainly doesnt sound like it.
i have an addiction.....a vst addiction.

Pyrotek45
KVRist
356 posts since 4 Nov, 2013

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:53 am

tristan- wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:39 am
tristan- wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:35 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 am
tristan- wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:59 pm
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:49 pm
synths like surge that just went free used to cost 99$ can can do way more than viper and now it's free. (plus surge is 64bit and no flowstone), I think it would be way easier to sell two copies of viper for 60$ each than 1 copy at 100$ each. And if that's the case, you're losing a chance to make more money!
You clearly have no idea what is a Virus and what features Viper has.
Hey i just want viper to be a success. And im of the opinion thay if it was slightly cheaper, it would sell more but i respect others disagree. Thats fine too. But time will tell who's right in the end.
Do you? You clearly have no idea of the synth and it's features. Do your homework first.

And regarding pricing - right now it's priced about half of it's direct competition.
All i can say is i dont think the sales are where adam would like judging from the thread... I just think he would sell more if it was cheaper. Didnt think my opinion would matter to you very much. Maybe im wrong or maybe not. Time will tell.
No. You said it's a basic synth compared to competition. You said also that it's much less featured.
Unless you back it up with valid examples there's absolutely no point in such statements.
I said its a basic synth?! Oh no!! Well i think most synths are basic but thats not a bad thing. Basic is good imho but there are other synths with more features like fm,additive synthisis, more filters, more waveforms , more modulations, drag n drop modulations ect, layers, more oscillators ect. Dont get so butt hurt about what i call something. Like i said and ill probably have to say it agian but i like viper. I personally think its priced too high considering its framework and feature set and
You're Absolutely free to disagree. And i respect that.
Last edited by Pyrotek45 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
i have an addiction.....a vst addiction.

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2312 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:17 pm
I wanna buy viper, but for the price I can't bring myself to do it. synthmaster for instance, has many more features and is generally sold for a fraction of the price from a single-dev aswell. Plus it wasn't made in flowstone . it also has a standalone version. viper sounds good but it's very basic when compared to other synths in the same price range. why would someone with sylenth, dune 2 or serum add this to their collection unless they suffer from GAS? and you know most of us own at least one of them. I think if it was like 50 bucks everybody would have it because at that price why not? Then again I use free plugins all the time like charlatan too (it does great super saws too) even when I have plenty of other synths. I know Adam spent a ton of time on it but he is the only one attached to that effort. no one else is. viper is still just a flowstone synth that's trying to compete with other synths that aren't made in flowstone, and have more features. I can get a copy of spire for around 100 bucks on the kvr market place. as a matter of fact I have(then I sold it because even spire had too much overlap with my other synths). like I said, I think viper is awesome, but at its current price I just don't see it becoming as popular as it can. its main selling point being that the supersaws are based on the virus ,but to me that's just too small of a reason to buy it for a smacking 100 bucks(someone is selling sylenth in the kvr market place for 100 bucks atm, and I think that's a way better deal considering its not made in flowstone, and has tons of presets). some people might not see flowstone as a negative but to me it kind of is. their forums always seem dead tbh and if there's a bug in flowstone then adam wouldn't be able to do anything about it unless until flowstone devs fixed it (just like what happened with the 64 bit version, adam was at the mercy of flowstone to make a 64bit version which wouldn't have happened if he had just coded it all himself, sure it would have been more work but that's why I'm more willing to spend money on something that's been coded from the ground up because the devs have control over every single aspect of their vst). also, please don't jump on me for my opinions, I want viper to be a success, but for the price I don't see it happening.
I wonder how you would feel like if your employee would rate your work you are doing 1 dollar an hour? People in some Africa countries are getting even much less, why you would have to get more?

Price is very reasonable, especialy in this overcrowded synth market. Im surprised developers are able to make profit at all for selling theyr synths at this crazy low prices these days. Im surprised people that people even complaining about It. If you like using freeware synths, ok, but dont complain about synth prices since they are already quite low, just be happy and make some music instead.
Hey i like viper why the hate? I just think it would sell more if it was cheaper. Maybe im wrong who knows but it doesnt seem like its selling enough atm so....but maybe adam is selling a ton of copies, if so he certainly doesnt sound like it.
There is no hate, just a response back, because i dont think you are entitled to rate the price of the work that has been put in to the product development.

Other then that buisiness suggestions "make the price" lower so you could afford yourself is not really reasonable buissiness advice.

When come to think off that might even give the opposite reaction - product devaluation, buyer might not feel like he has a premium plugin just because he spent the money amount he would be for 10 cups of coffee :wink:

Pyrotek45
KVRist
356 posts since 4 Nov, 2013

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 am

Elektronisch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:17 pm
I wanna buy viper, but for the price I can't bring myself to do it. synthmaster for instance, has many more features and is generally sold for a fraction of the price from a single-dev aswell. Plus it wasn't made in flowstone . it also has a standalone version. viper sounds good but it's very basic when compared to other synths in the same price range. why would someone with sylenth, dune 2 or serum add this to their collection unless they suffer from GAS? and you know most of us own at least one of them. I think if it was like 50 bucks everybody would have it because at that price why not? Then again I use free plugins all the time like charlatan too (it does great super saws too) even when I have plenty of other synths. I know Adam spent a ton of time on it but he is the only one attached to that effort. no one else is. viper is still just a flowstone synth that's trying to compete with other synths that aren't made in flowstone, and have more features. I can get a copy of spire for around 100 bucks on the kvr market place. as a matter of fact I have(then I sold it because even spire had too much overlap with my other synths). like I said, I think viper is awesome, but at its current price I just don't see it becoming as popular as it can. its main selling point being that the supersaws are based on the virus ,but to me that's just too small of a reason to buy it for a smacking 100 bucks(someone is selling sylenth in the kvr market place for 100 bucks atm, and I think that's a way better deal considering its not made in flowstone, and has tons of presets). some people might not see flowstone as a negative but to me it kind of is. their forums always seem dead tbh and if there's a bug in flowstone then adam wouldn't be able to do anything about it unless until flowstone devs fixed it (just like what happened with the 64 bit version, adam was at the mercy of flowstone to make a 64bit version which wouldn't have happened if he had just coded it all himself, sure it would have been more work but that's why I'm more willing to spend money on something that's been coded from the ground up because the devs have control over every single aspect of their vst). also, please don't jump on me for my opinions, I want viper to be a success, but for the price I don't see it happening.
I wonder how you would feel like if your employee would rate your work you are doing 1 dollar an hour? People in some Africa countries are getting even much less, why you would have to get more?

Price is very reasonable, especialy in this overcrowded synth market. Im surprised developers are able to make profit at all for selling theyr synths at this crazy low prices these days. Im surprised people that people even complaining about It. If you like using freeware synths, ok, but dont complain about synth prices since they are already quite low, just be happy and make some music instead.
Hey i like viper why the hate? I just think it would sell more if it was cheaper. Maybe im wrong who knows but it doesnt seem like its selling enough atm so....but maybe adam is selling a ton of copies, if so he certainly doesnt sound like it.
There is no hate, just a response back, because i dont think you are entitled to rate the price of the work that has been put in to the product development.

Other then that buisiness suggestions "make the price" lower so you could afford yourself is not really reasonable buissiness advice.

When come to think off that might even give the opposite reaction - product devaluation, buyer might not feel like he has a premium plugin just because he spent the money amount he would be for 10 cups of coffee :wink:
I think anyone is entitled to rate any product for themselves which is what i have done. I would like to see viper sell really well too. I could be completely wrong about its current price, but im allowed to have an opinion just like you and i respect that. Maybe if he doesnt wanna lower the price permanently and thats reasonable why not offer a sale every now and then (black friday is coming up) and see how well it sells at that price. Just an idea. Perhaps that would remove any negative stigma for it being cheaper since its on "sale". Thing is, can afford it right now, i just don't think it's worth it atm for me. If people are upset that i dont see 100$ worth of value for in it for me, then theyre just gonna have to continue being upset. Im not gonna spend more just because other people think it's a good price, and that goes for anything i buy that i dont need.
Last edited by Pyrotek45 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
i have an addiction.....a vst addiction.

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2312 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:09 am

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:59 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:55 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:48 am
Elektronisch wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:44 am
Pyrotek45 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:17 pm
I wanna buy viper, but for the price I can't bring myself to do it. synthmaster for instance, has many more features and is generally sold for a fraction of the price from a single-dev aswell. Plus it wasn't made in flowstone . it also has a standalone version. viper sounds good but it's very basic when compared to other synths in the same price range. why would someone with sylenth, dune 2 or serum add this to their collection unless they suffer from GAS? and you know most of us own at least one of them. I think if it was like 50 bucks everybody would have it because at that price why not? Then again I use free plugins all the time like charlatan too (it does great super saws too) even when I have plenty of other synths. I know Adam spent a ton of time on it but he is the only one attached to that effort. no one else is. viper is still just a flowstone synth that's trying to compete with other synths that aren't made in flowstone, and have more features. I can get a copy of spire for around 100 bucks on the kvr market place. as a matter of fact I have(then I sold it because even spire had too much overlap with my other synths). like I said, I think viper is awesome, but at its current price I just don't see it becoming as popular as it can. its main selling point being that the supersaws are based on the virus ,but to me that's just too small of a reason to buy it for a smacking 100 bucks(someone is selling sylenth in the kvr market place for 100 bucks atm, and I think that's a way better deal considering its not made in flowstone, and has tons of presets). some people might not see flowstone as a negative but to me it kind of is. their forums always seem dead tbh and if there's a bug in flowstone then adam wouldn't be able to do anything about it unless until flowstone devs fixed it (just like what happened with the 64 bit version, adam was at the mercy of flowstone to make a 64bit version which wouldn't have happened if he had just coded it all himself, sure it would have been more work but that's why I'm more willing to spend money on something that's been coded from the ground up because the devs have control over every single aspect of their vst). also, please don't jump on me for my opinions, I want viper to be a success, but for the price I don't see it happening.
I wonder how you would feel like if your employee would rate your work you are doing 1 dollar an hour? People in some Africa countries are getting even much less, why you would have to get more?

Price is very reasonable, especialy in this overcrowded synth market. Im surprised developers are able to make profit at all for selling theyr synths at this crazy low prices these days. Im surprised people that people even complaining about It. If you like using freeware synths, ok, but dont complain about synth prices since they are already quite low, just be happy and make some music instead.
Hey i like viper why the hate? I just think it would sell more if it was cheaper. Maybe im wrong who knows but it doesnt seem like its selling enough atm so....but maybe adam is selling a ton of copies, if so he certainly doesnt sound like it.
There is no hate, just a response back, because i dont think you are entitled to rate the price of the work that has been put in to the product development.

Other then that buisiness suggestions "make the price" lower so you could afford yourself is not really reasonable buissiness advice.

When come to think off that might even give the opposite reaction - product devaluation, buyer might not feel like he has a premium plugin just because he spent the money amount he would be for 10 cups of coffee :wink:
I think anyone is entitled to rate any product for themselves which is what i have done. I would like to see viper sell really well too. I could be completely wrong about its current price, but im allowed to have an opinion just like you and i respect that. Maybe if he doesnt wanna lower the price permanently and thats reasonable why not offer a sale every now amd then (black friday is coming up) and see how well it sells at that price. Just an idea. Perhaps that would remove any negative stigma for it being cheaper since its on "sale"
Sorry i ment entitled to give buisiness decisions when Adam is making those already very reasonable (at least from the price point). :) but yes you are right everyone is allowed to have an opinion i just felt a little bit dissapointed by the complaints when the synth market is already overcrowded with great sound and low prices, not to mention free synths that can sound as good as hardware synths :)

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2312 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit available)

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 am

Pyrotek45 wrote: Thing is, can afford it right now, i just don't think it's worth it atm for me. If people are upset that i dont see 100$ worth of value for in it for me, then theyre just gonna have to continue being upset. Im not gonna spend more just because other people think it's a good price, and that goes for anything i buy that i dont need.
If you dont see value in this that is worth 100 dollars why to even suggest to make it lower, if you even think about something like on something that is already inexpensive, its just a clear answer that you dont need it :)

What still surprises me about kvr is that some people talk about buying synths in a way like it would be just to make a collection of plugins or just buying a tool not as a tool to use, something like what you see in a market store or general store near the cashier where products are placed that are inexpensive and focused on impulse buyers :)

Return to “Instruments”