Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
LMG
KVRer
2 posts since 17 Dec, 2019

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48 am

adamtrance wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:19 am
This problem mainly occurs with the Midi data the Arp generates and thats causing the cpu spikes. If you turn off the arp and only use the piano roll the issue is less of a problem.
I have 5 instances of Viper Demo 64bit on Bitwig 3, disabled all arps and it changed the CPU spikes pattern (the one you see from Bitwigs "DSP Performance Graph") a little bit, but theres still some aka. too much. Any work arounds for this problem until some future update fixes it for good?

Otherwise great job! Used to own Virus B and TI and Viper is sounding super good and I just yesterday found out about it from word to mouth, would have been great to find this even earlier! :phones:

stamp
KVRian
710 posts since 10 Sep, 2014

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Oh god! I love the sound of this synth!
@admtrance Please implement recursive modulation for envelopes after you've finished whatever you want to implement :pray: :pray: :pray:
It would make Viper my dream synth.

User avatar
XorXisT
KVRist
295 posts since 20 Jun, 2005

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:31 pm

I'm considering Viper as a Xmas gift for myself.

Good work Adam, and Happy Holidays!

User avatar
dionenoid
KVRian
579 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Demo version crashes Cubase 10 when switching presets, seems to be caused by extreme cpu spikes.
More BPM please

eyezermusic
KVRer
23 posts since 4 Jul, 2018

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Nice work on the update Adam and thanks for adding saw & sine wave to the sub!

Edit: I just noticed an issue though, I get spikes when playing supersaws. Was previously not an issue, so something to look into once you are back from your break. If you need a video then let me know.

vstDOG
KVRist
86 posts since 16 Jun, 2003

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:45 pm

New customer saying thanks and happy festive season :)
Couldn't resist the discount and glad I didn't!

adamtrance
KVRian
804 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:10 am

eyezermusic wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:19 pm
Edit: I just noticed an issue though, I get spikes when playing supersaws. Was previously not an issue, so something to look into once you are back from your break. If you need a video then let me know.
Yes, please send it and I can check it when Im back!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Whywhy
KVRian
505 posts since 11 Aug, 2018

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:33 am

Better and better, thanks Adam.
Happy Christmas holidays.

User avatar
Syngularity
KVRer
20 posts since 15 Apr, 2004 from Minden, Germany

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:59 am

I guess I will skip the update for the moment. A new soundbank and some new features are tempting, but I cannot accept those CPU spikes, especially for a system that is up to date.

Adam's Viper does belong to my Top Four of the best vst synths, besides Zebra2, Avenger and Omnisphere. Zebra2 is the first choice for me when ever I want to build a track. You can create every sound with it, CPU is always fine, even with many instances, and it has nks support.

I don't expect nks support from Viper, but I expect a working vst synth. The fantastic effects, the fat basis sound and the great arpeggiator are a big plus. I don't want to hesitate using the arpeggiator for the reason that crescending cpu spikes would crash my daw. I don't want to read the word "Flowstone" in this regard anymore.

As I wrote almost two years ago - Adam, you need more colleagues to help you, and another managment. I read somewhere about a upcoming bigger update for Viper and of the website as well for the end of the year. Except a little and obviously buggy update for Viper nothing happened, and the website seems to be frozen for some years now.

I'm very frustrated, and I begin to understand why people prefer to purchase a software from major companies and are not ready to spend 90 bucks for independent software. Proper development for such a software is not guaranteed, while having the same licence restrictions as if you would purchase a licence of a major software.

I'm also disappointed, because I think that it is possible to finish Viper in a way that one can easily use several instances of it in a daw. It would become instantly my favorite instrument. But in the end, it depends of the energy and time of the developer, and I'm having concerns now.

A nice Christmas season to everyone, enjoy the holidays!

adamtrance
KVRian
804 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:07 am

This was the bigger update of Viper, it took a long time to make. The next one will be more optimizations, and new skins. Keep in mind that from the initial 1.0 release, there were 5 FREE updates, I listen to customer feedback and add feature requests. I also have other important obligations in life I cant spend 100% of my time on my products. Also, since my updates are for free I cannot afford a team of people to take care of everything, I am not Native instruments or U-He in an office with 5+ guys. I am doing this by myself and doing my best. The new website is in the works but I had to get this update released first.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Stefken
KVRAF
1858 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:11 am

Syngularity wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:59 am
I begin to understand why people prefer to purchase a software from major companies and are not ready to spend 90 bucks for independent software.
It's certainly a consideration one should make.
When you buy software from a one-man company, you 'should' regard the software as is, and any update that comes around as an extra, that may happen or not.

Purely speaking for myself, I will not buy from one-man companies anymore.

0degree
KVRist
397 posts since 29 Jan, 2017

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:16 am

Stefken wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:11 am
Syngularity wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:59 am
I begin to understand why people prefer to purchase a software from major companies and are not ready to spend 90 bucks for independent software.
It's certainly a consideration one should make.
When you buy software from a one-man company, you 'should' regard the software as is, and any update that comes around as an extra, that may happen or not.

Purely speaking for myself, I will not buy from one-man companies anymore.
I have exactly the opposite view - prefer to support smaller devs. The reason is bigger companies often hide behind electronic wall of support and quite often nothing is ever really fixed. I had this issue with Propellerheads for example. On the other hand in case of small devs at least they are more approachable

LMG
KVRer
2 posts since 17 Dec, 2019

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:42 am

If I purchase Viper, is there a possibility to download older version that hopefully does not spike?

adamtrance
KVRian
804 posts since 29 Sep, 2004

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:29 am

LMG wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:42 am
If I purchase Viper, is there a possibility to download older version that hopefully does not spike?
Yes but make sure to write to me using the contact form on my website, so I can send it to you directly
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

rasmusklump
KVRian
952 posts since 13 May, 2004 from Germany

Re: Viper (32 & 64 Bit) | 1.0.5 update with Wavetable Osc and Shimmer reverb | XMAS discount

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:07 am

0degree wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:16 am
Stefken wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:11 am
Syngularity wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:59 am
I begin to understand why people prefer to purchase a software from major companies and are not ready to spend 90 bucks for independent software.
It's certainly a consideration one should make.
When you buy software from a one-man company, you 'should' regard the software as is, and any update that comes around as an extra, that may happen or not.

Purely speaking for myself, I will not buy from one-man companies anymore.
I have exactly the opposite view - prefer to support smaller devs. The reason is bigger companies often hide behind electronic wall of support and quite often nothing is ever really fixed. I had this issue with Propellerheads for example. On the other hand in case of small devs at least they are more approachable
I would like to do that as well (and do that with other developers) but synthedit and flowstone are big no's for me now.

Return to “Instruments”