Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

https://myspace.com/sectoralpha

Page Not Found

We're sorry, we can't find the page you're looking for.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

mmm
I'm sure it's a very old link
If u have Reaktor it's called Viral extinction->
Viral Extinction.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You can get it at NI

Author: Stephan Becker
Version: 1.0 (Updated 12 years ago)
File Size: 280.6kB
Created: April 05, 2007
Made with: Reaktor 5 or lower
Category: Instrument Synthesizer
Last edited by Aloysius on Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Adam, the classic oscillator mode has it's output phase inverted compared to the wavetable mode and the waveform graphical display. Is this intentional or a bug?
For example, take a single cycle waveform and convert it to a 1 frame wavetable. Load the single cycle into osc1, the wavetable into osc2 and watch with an oscilloscope that the osc1 output is inverted.

anoise wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:56 am Adam, the classic oscillator mode has it's output phase inverted compared to the wavetable mode and the waveform graphical display. Is this intentional or a bug?
For example, take a single cycle waveform and convert it to a 1 frame wavetable. Load the single cycle into osc1, the wavetable into osc2 and watch with an oscilloscope that the osc1 output is inverted.
Yes its intentional, they do that in the Virus as well, I have no idea why I just did it like they did.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Understood.

Are there any more sound banks out here for this synth? Or better yet, are there going to be more sounds included with this?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Unfortunately this synth is having major issues at lower latencies. Pops and clicks everywhere on windows 10 @ 64 samples buffer on my antelope discrete as well as the patch change pops and clicks eg: while daw ( studio one 4 ) is playing track,I try to change a patch in viper, and it sounds like rice crispys.. snap,crackle,pop..

I've had to raise my buffer settings all the way to 256 samples buffer to get it to stop. ;( This is with one instance of Viper loaded.
With a decent vsti that handles cpu well, for eg: Sylenth, I can drop my thunderbolt card down to 8 samples buffer..
Hopefully a fix is coming soon!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I have not had problems with Viper in S1.4 per se, I have had to render to audio due to some CPU spikes on some of the patches. Hasn't been a big problem.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

My specs are in my signature below, typical VA Synths perform awesome on my rig at low latencies, which is why I haven't bothered to upgrade my cpu for now, but this synth is easily one of the worst vsti performance I've ever seen on my rig.
What are your buffer settings?
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Well then dont use it? There is prob, People that find it usefull.

For example this synth is 10 Times more intresting then Genesis PRO. Depends on what you like ofc.

trusampler wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 am Unfortunately this synth is having major issues at lower latencies. Pops and clicks everywhere on windows 10 @ 64 samples buffer on my antelope discrete as well as the patch change pops and clicks eg: while daw ( studio one 4 ) is playing track,I try to change a patch in viper, and it sounds like rice crispys.. snap,crackle,pop..

I've had to raise my buffer settings all the way to 256 samples buffer to get it to stop. ;( This is with one instance of Viper loaded.
With a decent vsti that handles cpu well, for eg: Sylenth, I can drop my thunderbolt card down to 8 samples buffer..
Yes, version 1.0.6 will fix these CPU spikes and you can run it with lower latencies. After this update, I will redesign my website, and start making patches for Viper in many different categories, so lots of things are in plan.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

yobare wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:19 am Well then dont use it? There is prob, People that find it usefull.
Sorry, but not using it isn't an option. I've already paid for it, plus I love the sounds and love where this software, will eventually be.

That's a quite dismissive thing to say right? I'm simply reporting how it's working on my system and you say well don't use it! Thanks but I don't need you to comment on my post's,if your simply going to be negative, you are exactly what is wrong with all public forums in general, seriously if you have nothing positive to say then don't.

I didn't post here to argue with anyone, just state the outcome on this particular version with my specs,so you see the keyboard, that you are dying to type a negative comment on, next time don't do that on my posts, thanks..
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

adamtrance wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:29 am
trusampler wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 am Unfortunately this synth is having major issues at lower latencies. Pops and clicks everywhere on windows 10 @ 64 samples buffer on my antelope discrete as well as the patch change pops and clicks eg: while daw ( studio one 4 ) is playing track,I try to change a patch in viper, and it sounds like rice crispys.. snap,crackle,pop..

Yes, version 1.0.6 will fix these CPU spikes and you can run it with lower latencies. After this update, I will redesign my website, and start making patches for Viper in many different categories, so lots of things are in plan.

Awesome news Adam, really excited to check it out! :tu:
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”