Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Ah ok I think I understand. Then yes, you can assign the LFO3 shape to be S&G (Sample and Glide), and assign that in small amounts to the oscillator pitch, and you will get the random moving pitch shift you are looking for.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Adam - 2 quick things:

1. I think the soundbank navigation left/right arrows are no longer working on the browser tab.

2. With the Sapphire skin, the highlight preset color/contrast makes it hard to determine which preset is highlighted on the browser tab (particularly more to the lower right within the preset browser list, as the background gets darker).

Also, is it possible to have it such that if we're on the browser tab, and click in the preset selection window, that we could then use the computer keyboard arrow keys to navigate (and automatically switch to) a given preset? Right now, it requires the mouse to navigate the presets, which can be tedious.

Thanks.

OzoneJunkie wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:15 pm Hey Adam - 2 quick things:

1. I think the soundbank navigation left/right arrows are no longer working on the browser tab.

2. With the Sapphire skin, the highlight preset color/contrast makes it hard to determine which preset is highlighted on the browser tab (particularly more to the lower right within the preset browser list, as the background gets darker).

Also, is it possible to have it such that if we're on the browser tab, and click in the preset selection window, that we could then use the computer keyboard arrow keys to navigate (and automatically switch to) a given preset? Right now, it requires the mouse to navigate the presets, which can be tedious.

Thanks.
The 1st issue has been fixed in version 1.0.91 please use the download link again for the latest version.

In the sapphire skin you can easily change it to any other color that you wish, just change the browser squares and find one that you like.

I dont know about the arrow keys because usually they are reserved for other functionality in the daw.

I like the new virus snow skin, it is nice. I like how the synth sounds. Best sounding vsti, imo. But I can't stand that filter section is under different tab than osc's are. They should be in same page. Like Sylenth, Hive, Spire and pretty much all other synths. It just so annoying. It kills the workflow, the flow in generally. Second thing is poly's/voices, I constantly running out of the polys. You need to double the poly's. I really want to buy and use this, but because of these two, it just impossible. At least for me. Do a different skin with different layout and double the polys, please.

adamtrance wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:01 am I dont know about the arrow keys because usually they are reserved for other functionality in the daw.
Most other VSTs have this functionality, it is a must for flicking through patches quickly. Please consider it.
keel wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:18 am Second thing is poly's/voices, I constantly running out of the polys. You need to double the poly's. I really want to buy and use this, but because of these two, it just impossible. At least for me. Do a different skin with different layout and double the polys, please.
128 poly is not enough? :scared:
I make videos about synths, you can find my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/synthratings

Hi all, I downloaded the latest version and now the list of other preset banks is gone. It loads with the original soundbank but even then some patches are saying wavetable are missing. Any one else had this issue?. I am going to try installing again later today but wondered if this was a known issue. Running viper in live on windows 10 pc.

Edit: deleted folder from vst and redownloaded and fixed now. No idea why this happened before but all sorted now.

Edited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:55 am
adamtrance wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:01 am In the sapphire skin you can easily change it to any other color that you wish, just change the browser squares and find one that you like.
Where is the browser square? Is something missing? Your site says I can easily create new skins but I don't see a way to do it and there's nothing in the manual.

viper.png
Sorry, I thought it was self explanatory. Open the Skins folder from the Viper folder, and make a backup copy of the sapphire.png, and open it in photoshop or windows paint or whichever graphic app, and on the lower right part of the image find the "Browser", and in front of it you see little squares. Change the color of the first one, and the browser selector color will be different when you open it in Viper.

Edited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, that only changed the display colors, now that you can design everything, it was redundant and not needed.

Edited

adamtrance wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:01 am
OzoneJunkie wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:15 pm Hey Adam - 2 quick things:

Thanks.
The 1st issue has been fixed in version 1.0.91 please use the download link again for the latest version.

In the sapphire skin you can easily change it to any other color that you wish, just change the browser squares and find one that you like.

I dont know about the arrow keys because usually they are reserved for other functionality in the daw.
Thanks Adam.

As far as the preset selection via computer keyboard, a number of synths offer this, and usually capture computer keyboard input ONLY when on the preset browser tab and a preset is selected with the mouse, or if they lack an actual preset browser, they still allow up/down arrows to be used after a preset is selected with the mouse.

Examples with browser tab that offer this: Spire, All of the U-he synths
Examples w/o browser tab, but also offer this: Sylenth1, The Synapse Audio synths (DUNE3, Legend, Obsession)

But, I realize it may be a non-trivial thing to add for such a small feature gain, so no worries really - just was asking.

Thanks for the help.

I dont know if its possible to implement, but I will definitely add it to my todo list for a future update ;)

Cool, thanks much :)

Return to “Instruments”