Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

That sounds really good! Where is supersaw comparisons? :(

Very impressive.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

HunterKiller wrote: Just be aware that the real Virus sounds slightly more saturated/warmer in its core sound. It's more rounded, sounds less "empty", or square-like, if you will.
Yes, perhaps. I didn't expect an exact Virus emulation, it's not a basic saw/sine/pulse monosynth where you can record the sound at any possible knob position and measure it. But overall these two synths sound reasonably close in this demo i think.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

HunterKiller wrote:Sounds good so far. Just be aware that the real Virus sounds slightly more saturated/warmer in its core sound. It's more rounded, sounds less "empty", or square-like, if you will.
Hmm, that is a very subjective thing. Its impossible to create an exact 100.0% precise emulation, unless someone hacks into the Access secret base and gets the codes :lol: . I have used analyzers, measurements, and my ears. I think it sounds pretty darn close already but if someone knows some more secrets of the virus feel free to share!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

You can't please them all. Get used to that :P ..free advice!

I am a bit curious what will be the price tag for this software synth?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

adamtrance wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:Sounds good so far. Just be aware that the real Virus sounds slightly more saturated/warmer in its core sound. It's more rounded, sounds less "empty", or square-like, if you will.
Hmm, that is a very subjective thing.
The difference is clearly heard in your video, but whether such a difference matters anything is up to the user. It's definitiely not like "one sounds big/fat/good, another one sounds weak/thin/poor", more like different shades of the same color.

Can't wait to demo the thing, anyway.

ATN69 wrote:You can't please them all. Get used to that :P ..free advice!

I am a bit curious what will be the price tag for this software synth?
Yes, thats life :cry:

I am not set on the price yet, but I have to take a few things into consideration: this was a work of 3 years of intense hard work, even now I cannot believe the amount of hours I have put into this, I need a price that justifies my time invested. I also have to take into consideration that its for PC only, (and yes 32 bit only, but I dont care what anyone says you CAN STILL run 32 bit on 64 os, or my computer is broken coz its works fine over here), so half my customers who would have been interested, I lose out on. So I am thinking 89 euro or so, that should be 100$. I hope thats an attractive price for something people have been waiting for so long. This will also be an ongoing project, I will add more features as I go along, which will be free updates to customers ofcourse.

$100... That is a lot for a Win 32bit only, lol. Good luck :hihi:

Sounds good to me. How is the cpu usage compared to let's say.. Sylenth1 (since you know that one very well too) ?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I spent a lot of time optimizing it as much as I could, while keeping a good balance between cpu usage and a good sound. It should be around the same as massive, in most cases less. Of course, the cpu meter will still rise if you use 8 unison, 64 voices, all the effects, and long release times.

adamtrance wrote:I spent a lot of time optimizing it as much as I could, while keeping a good balance between cpu usage and a good sound. It should be around the same as massive, in most cases less. Of course, the cpu meter will still rise if you use 8 unison, 64 voices, all the effects, and long release times.
Mate your efforts are great. :clap:
What's really concerning now, is: can't be any possibility to load original Virus presets? :hyper: Perhaps you can talk to Access regarding this issue?

Hmm, I don't know how legal would that be? When making my synth, I programmed everything from scratch, the code, gui, etc, so I didnt use anything that was from Access (thats why I am not including their wavetables and im using my own ones instead), but loading a midi file thats 'theirs'... I dont know. I wouldnt even know how to read or open and extract information from midi files. Another issue with that would be, that some features are missing, then what would happen? Also, not all controls are the same, and it would produce a slightly different sound, and then people would accuse me of lying because the preset didnt sound like the virus. What one needs to understand that all the knob scales etc, are estimations. I can only do so much without actually having their source code, which obviously I will never have. So there can be cases where if their knob is at 46, I need to set mine to 48, or if theirs is 102, mine has to be 98, etc. Thats why you have to use your ears also.
Last edited by adamszabo on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

phreaque wrote: can't be any possibility to load original Virus presets? :hyper: Perhaps you can talk to Access regarding this issue?
I guess, this is the thing which has done kinda bad service to DIscoDSP Discovery. It loads Nordlead presets but apaprently interprets them somehow wrong and therefore people talk about it as a failed NL emulation, while in fact it is just a good NL-inspired synth.

I think in the present case the preset import will not make much sence since the plugin doesn't have the original Virus wafeforms, some of the oscillator modes are missing, something may be not exactly modelled, etc.

recursive one wrote:
phreaque wrote: can't be any possibility to load original Virus presets? :hyper: Perhaps you can talk to Access regarding this issue?
I guess, this is the thing which has done kinda bad service to DIscoDSP Discovery. It loads Nordlead presets but apaprently interprets them somehow wrong and therefore people talk about it as a failed NL emulation, while in fact it is just a good NL-inspired synth.

I think in the present case the preset import will not make much sence since the plugin doesn't have the original Virus wafeforms, some of the oscillator modes are missing, something may be not exactly modelled, etc.
You're right about Discovery..
Following the latest video of Viper, I thought it is an exact replica of Virus.

phreaque wrote: I thought it is an exact replica of Virus.
As Adam said earlier, the synth is going to have only two oscillator modes, classic (basically it's some kind of advanced VA where you can morph between saw, pulse with PWM and sine, where sine may be replaced by complex waveforms) and hypersaw. Virus TI also has several wavetable oscillator modes, where you can do some really unique things to wavetables, I think these are improssible to model if you don't have the original code and the original wavetables.

Return to “Instruments”