One Synth Challenge #92: Digits 2 by Extent of the Jam (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Digits

Voted. Amazing tracks :party:

voted. I had to resort my scores this time. A "1" is a decent track, 2 on up are increasingly above average!

Voted!

Lots of really nice tunes. Tons of 3s and 4s, but only 2 got a 5 from me.
Disco flangus shenanigans

Voted! :party: :borg: :love:

Voted!

bjporter wrote: ... Amazing tracks :party:
Yeah Yeah Yeah (to quote an "old band") ... :tu: :clap:

dB

Preliminary results up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... TFYTc5ePgg

PM me if you have any issue. :party: :party:

Yeah, looking good! Though, it's been a fantastic top group, hard to put in an order, but in terms of most fascinating sounds in the most unusually tasteful insanity, I still am most impressed with Guenon, really. Often it really matters not, who wins the rating, but who created something outstanding beyond the results. Other than that, It's all my 5ers, so I'm happy! :tu:
Congrats! :hail:

Thanks, Taron :hug:

What can I say, I aim to surprise :lol: ... Hmmh, when I started entertaining the idea of crafting a neurofunk influenced OSC track, keeping melodic elements to a strict minimum, I didn't think it was likely to land in the top five, no matter how the sound design and core vibe turned out. Now, after receiving so much positive feedback here and elsewhere, and actually taking fourth place, I just have to say: thank you, it was surprising, and fun, and sweet!

Actually, I think I liked this round even more than the Tyrell one. This one felt more special somehow, and hah... somewhat weird, too, in a good way. Quirky tracks, a lot of personality and variation. Winning positions absolutely deserved, and yeah indeed, everyone else in the top five were 5 pt votes from me, too. (Other fivers from me were Taron and Toggleaudio).

:clap:

Final Results: z.prime the winner!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1st z.prime - Friends With The Devil - 188pts

2nd mmGhost - Zero G - 186pts

3rd Jasinski - Crosscountry - 177pts

4th Guenon - NEUROLOGICAL CONDITIONS OF THE HORSE - 176pts

5th bh9090 - Maximize Metta - 175pts

6 ATN69 - Lullaby For Liam 172 pts
7 Taron - Pure Digits 164 pts
8 Toggleaudio - Monterey 161 pts
9 zippy731 - Stolen Moments 155 pts
10 rghvdberg - The Unthinkable 152 pts
11 Subject36 - Sweet Halloween 2016 151 pts
12 Richard Semper - Who We Are 148 pts
13 zarf - Dipety 144 pts
14 Zerofox97 - Head in the clouds 144 pts
15 OnTrack P - OSC 92 - ATARAXIA 2 144 pts
16 marks - marks-a-whybikky/Digits 2 142 pts
17 NedK - Fadin' Away 141 pts
18 quick - OSC92 - A Cry Through The Woods 141 pts
19 ballacr75 - somewhere 139 pts
20 Yeager - Welcome To Bassland 138 pts
21 TrojakEW - Metamorphosis 137 pts
22 Mechanought - A Beach At Night 134 pts
23 WYG_E - Clandestine Rites 134 pts
24 DoctorBob - Back again 132 pts
25 Moulder - Signal Recovery 130 pts
26 Eauson - Did I Go I Think So 127 pts
27 Darksynth FX - Emergence 126 pts
28 Dragonsongz/Skylake - Pariah 123 pts
29 Frostline - Allbesnodes 122 pts
30 Liqih - Liqih-Song_For_Mami 121 pts
31 geklimper - Its Moby Dig 114 pts
32 Jazzaria - Missed Call 114 pts
33 Vertion - Feelings On Fire 114 pts
34 Cricetus - Hudriwudri 114 pts
35 Aluode - Aluode Digits 114 pts
36 Opoint - LemurDigitsJam 82 pts
37 New Kids On The Block - Vert 82 pts

Can I haz prizes? Now?
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize, and pass it on to the next top fiver. You can't have it right now, it'll take some days, but be patient* :hug: NOTE: If you don't want prize, it will be passed to the next person down, thank you :)

Awesome work :party: :party: :party: :party:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... TFYTc5ePgg

Congrats Z and mmGhost and everyone else- high level of tracks this time.

CONGRATS, I will say it again! :hyper:

One thing I'd want to add, partly out of loyalty, but mostly out of sincere compassion: Some songs really are underappreciated, like Ligih's sensitive capture, which reminded me of someone really making music from a very personal place, as well as Bob's fascinating piece and so many more. It's only the context, really. Heck, NedK's epic mystery thriller from the 60's was stunning stuff. But it's such a high profile already here, especially this time around. Again, with respect and appreciation, Digits was a bit bitchy, carefully spoken, but it brought out stunning stuff from virtually everybody! :hail:

Anyway, congrats to all and don't let charts confuse you: You've done exceptionally well! (except New Kids, of course... :lol:)

A big congratulation to Mr.Z and all the other winners :party: Well done and well deserved
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Congratulations All Winners! All very awesome. Tough to judge the top spots but hey Z`, you did it again :) It's almost like your tracks are consistently great, or something :hihi:

Pretty stoked and surprised here to have scored as well as I did given the quality of the rest of your tracks. Thanks! :tu: Ahh, the mysteries of statistics! :D

Oh man, hot! Thanks a bunch for your votes! I thought a few others could have taken the cake this time, too; it's an honor to come out on top!

I thought TrojakEW's was a pretty good one that might go under-appreciated, but... certainly sound design went without a doubt to Guenon. bh9090 had the best bit of music, to me, however... the ending of that track was very organic, something that didn't seem like Digits would have even been able to produce. Overall, most tracks were quite good and it was a pleasure to listen to them. Long live the OSC and thanks for keeping it going, Brian!

Also, I'll pass on a prize.

Return to “Instruments”