RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

parawave wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:15 pm
Musical Gym wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:21 am Demoing Rapid now and trying to drag/drop arp to daw track.
Is it possible? How?
It's possible if the ARP is set to MIDI mode e.g. in the demo preset Melody EDM Break. Then you just have to drag the display to your track. And of course your DAW track has to support drag/drop of .mid files. If it's still not working you could also drag/drop the file temporarily to a directory and then import it the way your DAW supports it.
No, it's set to Pattern (arp). If I click on the display and drag it doesn't work. It just moves the note set in the display. Studio One supports drag/drop of midi files when vst also supports it. Are you saying that only midi files can be dragged/dropped, not arps?
I also don't see a way to save/load arps.
Studio One sees Rapid as a midi input for other vsts, but it doesn't send the arp midi out to external vst like other vsts can.

Musical Gym wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:28 pmNo, it's set to Pattern (arp). If I click on the display and drag it doesn't work. It just moves the note set in the display
Yes, it only works in MIDI mode. It does not in pattern mode, since the notes are dynamically generated depending on octaves, time, order and shuffle.
midi-drag-drop.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

parawave wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:10 am
Musical Gym wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:28 pmNo, it's set to Pattern (arp). If I click on the display and drag it doesn't work. It just moves the note set in the display
Yes, it only works in MIDI mode. It does not in pattern mode, since the notes are dynamically generated depending on octaves, time, order and shuffle.

midi-drag-drop.png
Thanks, that may be a deal breaker for me.

Musical Gym wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:08 am
parawave wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:10 am

midi-drag-drop.png
Thanks, that may be a deal breaker for me.
Fot me it isn't. However, it would be nice to be able to drag-drop ARP data as well.

Yes, deal breaker was too strong. I'm still going to explore it to see if I can justify purchase.
It just would be icing on the cake to have arp drag/drop and arp/midi control of other vsts.
It shows up as midi input device now for other vsts, but it must be sending cc info or other data other than note data.
The other downside is the inability to sell it later if needed. I don't understand why that isn't permitted, not even as NFR second-hand.

parawave wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:01 pm
teacue wrote:@parawave
Some days ago I asked this question in this thread.
I ask again today:
Can the harp send midi out?
In order to trigger other VST for example.
Sorry, must have overread it. Currently not possible. So, you need just a restart trigger, or really all MIDI notes the arpeggiator generates for internal use? I think a solution to that would be a bit convoluted. There are 8 arpeggiators, so which one should be send to the output? Or just everything, or on different MIDI channels, or as different MIDI outs? Decisions, decisions.
I also would like midi out from arp, etc. for easier recording in track and also for input to other vsts. Check out VPS Avenger with its 8 layers. If they can do it, I think you can do it.
In interim, can you implement drag/drop of arp midi to track?
Edit: Disregard redundant FRs for me as I'm just now getting back to testing Rapid and still notice that the missing features mentioned are still glaring back at me.
I can control Rapid with Avenger for midi to outside world, but it isn't quite the same as potentially being able to do it from within Rapid.

Musical Gym wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:26 pm Check out VPS Avenger with its 8 layers. If they can do it, I think you can do it.
I don't know what synths & daw you use, but I own no synth capable of sending internally-effected midi data as output (and I own a bunch including Falcon). You are naming "deal breakers" features that no synth offer (or when they do, is limited to a specific daw).

Including Avenger, few of them just send the keyboard through them and that's all (no arps or any internal midi processing). I seen your request on Avenger's thread, they are close to useless (I mean 4 switchable arp paterns? for what? switching patterns in a song is extremely rare - and for live, Avenger's arp is not quantized so you'll often get nasty cuts on keys release, so there's no way you need these features for live performance).

If you want the devs to listen to you, at least explain clearly why these features are important because at the moment you are the only one requesting them. And since they are so rare, most likely there is a solution already and you could get advice from the people in these threads.

@Development:

Version 1.6. will include three new oscillator insert effects. The often requested and long awaited FM functionality.
  • Phase Modulation from Oscillators.
  • Ring Modulation from Oscillators.
  • Phase Modulation Feedback.
v1_6_inserts.png
And here is a preview of the Multiband Saturator effect and all selectable Band FX.
v1_6_mb_saturator.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

parawave wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:29 am @Development:

Version 1.6. will include three new oscillator insert effects. The often requested and long awaited FM functionality.
  • Phase Modulation from Oscillators.
  • Ring Modulation from Oscillators.
  • Phase Modulation Feedback.
v1_6_inserts.png

And here is a preview of the Multiband Saturator effect and all selectable Band FX.

v1_6_mb_saturator.png
:party:

v1_6_b_a_a_b.png
Just two sines "having fun" together :D

s t o k e d for the new FM function. Truly the only thing "missing" (for me). Can't wait!

Very excited by this new features,
I hope the Parawave team will put Mpe on the to do list !
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:20 am Very excited by this new features,
MPE +1 perfect synth for it :phones:

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:33 am
Okay, there are multiple MPE requests now. Yes it would definitely be interesting BUT .. honestly MPE is still a bit rare for most producers. I remember watching a few MPE recording setup videos for different DAWs and it was a mess. I'm curious, what MPE controllers are the most used ones and which DAW supports it to a viable level? And which ones are you using/recommending?

parawave wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:47 pm
plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:33 am
Okay, there are multiple MPE requests now. Yes it would definitely be interesting BUT .. honestly MPE is still a bit rare for most producers. I remember watching a few MPE recording setup videos for different DAWs and it was a mess. I'm curious, what MPE controllers are the most used ones and which DAW supports it to a viable level? And which ones are you using/recommending?
MPE +1
Using Bitwig Studio and Plogue Bidule as DAWs and Sensel Morph as controller.
And although I'm not a very experienced, versatile or good keyboard player the MPE standard with pitchbend and CC74 per note/voice gives me possibilties in expression I wouldn't want to miss...

https://www.midi.org/articles-old/midi- ... ession-mpe
Last edited by tl on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”