RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

GMusic wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:06 am
strovoknights wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:56 pm
GMusic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:57 pm Is the Hardstyle expansion still in the works? :D

There is Hardstyle Expansion available in Avenger.
6:51 "Expansion by Mirko Ruta" :o
Why Avenger...?

https://youtu.be/0b9tIJDPGqw?t=408
Because Rapid sounds better than Avenger, IMO. More spacious, airy, and clean :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl07KsBaNlc
ok,.... OOOKAYYY!!! :-D I will finish it. Also on Facebook I saw this under two of my posts which have nothing to do with rapid. xD

Today I am working on the hardest task,... making hardstyle-kicks. I have some stuff as samples but I really want some kicks in the extension which are 100% Rapid, becuase Rapid has now the equipment to do this. The MB Saturator is brilliant for it with the asymetric distortions and shapers and I have some nice results yet. So I will carry on with this XT but I think that we first release another one. Maybe...

Any chances other sound designers will do official Rapid XTs? Like Bigtone, Rob Lee, Aiyn Zahev, Kevin Schröder and other biggies?

Unfinished (Matt), Luftrum (Søren), etc. That would be amazing! No offense as the Parawave ones are great.

bite_me wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm Wow, Iron Lung. :o
Case1 creates a random phase which feels odd to me.
Case4 is the one I use most - and I thought it would be the transport triggering.
This issue is one I spent hard times at, but could be I was a little blind and simply just had to switch the arp off. Will try that. Thx Mirko :tu:
... but am I right, there is no freerunning LFO while using the arpeggio (besides that random phase LFO)? :drunk:
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:18 pm
bite_me wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:28 pm Wow, Iron Lung. :o
Case1 creates a random phase which feels odd to me.
Case4 is the one I use most - and I thought it would be the transport triggering.
This issue is one I spent hard times at, but could be I was a little blind and simply just had to switch the arp off. Will try that. Thx Mirko :tu:
... but am I right, there is no freerunning LFO while using the arpeggio (besides that random phase LFO)? :drunk:
You're right. The first Idea was that the LFOs and Sequencers starts with the Arp. That is great for beatsynced patterns. But if "synced" is off, it is not necessary. Let me talk to Rene if we can change it in the next version so if mono|arp is on and beatsynced is off it could do the job you want. But as I said, let me talk with Rene about this option. ;-)

Free running LFO and non-synced ARP rate. Noted.
Nice to have. We will consider this.
Last edited by parawave on Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Parawave
Any plans on having the following:
- arp chord note detection (analysis of incoming notes)
- arp per step option list (to allow for example: having arp step 1 to be occupied by root note, step 2 to allow random notes etc.)

parawave wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:39 pm
twitewhite wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:54 amYes, I meant if you could have a delay timed in milliseconds, not based on beats. Same for the Arp. Same way that it works for the LFO, with a button that swaps between BPM and free running.

Probably wouldn't be that hard to implement, so maybe in a future update?
Now I'm curious. Is it really used that often? Most ARPs can't do it. What kind of sounds do people build with free running arps? Sounds a bit obscure to me. I can imagine some form of oneshot jingle or SFX for game menus. But otherwise ... ?
I can't speak for others, but I like having the arp and effects in general not attached to the song BPM. That way I can do things like tempo changes while keeping the arp steady. I'll often do beat matching to a real sample/track not recorded by metronome, but I want the synth arp in background to sound mechanical and not speed up/slow down with the tempo mapping, like how you would get if you triggered it live. Sometimes I also like it intentionally off, like if I'm ramping up the tempo, leads to a really cool lagging effect (not just synth, but other instruments too). Also, as you mentioned, one shot lines that can be triggered by a single midi note that plays at a constant BPM from the rest of the song regardless of what the song's speed is.

I know there are ways around it (rendering the parts for example) and some can be done by the BPM sync or using the sequencer like an arp but it would be much easier if I could simply tick a box and do it. It's right there for the sequencer next door so it almost seems like an oversight that the arp doesn't have it.

I know this isn't something most people will want to do, probably people who aren't producing experimental stuff might not have much of a use for it, but it seems like such a trivial addition that it couldn't really hurt to add.

Hope this helps.Thanks for considering my suggestion!

parawave wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:02 pm Free running ARP and non-synced ARP rate. Noted.
Nice to have. We will consider this.
YAY :party: THX

Wrong yay :(
Been here for LFO only 8)
The average bored guy

Mirko R. wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 am You're right. The first Idea was that the LFOs and Sequencers starts with the Arp. That is great for beatsynced patterns. But if "synced" is off, it is not necessary. Let me talk to Rene if we can change it in the next version so if mono|arp is on and beatsynced is off it could do the job you want. But as I said, let me talk with Rene about this option. ;-)
YAY :party: THX :party:
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:15 pmYAY :party: THX

Wrong yay :(
Been here for LFO only 8)
I meant free running LFO when mono/arp is on and bpm sync off.
phreaque wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:35 pm @Parawave
Any plans on having the following:
- arp chord note detection (analysis of incoming notes)
- arp per step option list (to allow for example: having arp step 1 to be occupied by root note, step 2 to allow random notes etc.)
Not really. It's a bit problematic and to be honest I'm not a friend of these auto chord functions. Half of the time it isn't useful or quicker to create chords in a note editor. Other half users are confused how these actually work :hihi:

HSum wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:12 pm Any chances other sound designers will do official Rapid XTs? Like Bigtone, Rob Lee, Aiyn Zahev, Kevin Schröder and other biggies?
Seems like the perfect fit for Aiyn Zahev, but, he might be more into hardware now, judging by his recent YT videos. :) Although it's his business, so, i'm sure he'll continue making soundsets for soft synths too.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:30 pm
HSum wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:12 pm Any chances other sound designers will do official Rapid XTs? Like Bigtone, Rob Lee, Aiyn Zahev, Kevin Schröder and other biggies?
Seems like the perfect fit for Aiyn Zahev, but, he might be more into hardware now, judging by his recent YT videos. :) Although it's his business, so, i'm sure he'll continue making soundsets for soft synths too.
Ayin would be nice. His sounds are awesome. He made a review about Rapid in the past. One of the best I have seen for Rapid.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:30 pm Seems like the perfect fit for Aiyn Zahev, but, he might be more into hardware now, judging by his recent YT videos. :) Although it's his business, so, i'm sure he'll continue making soundsets for soft synths too.
Seconding this :hyper:
Please get AZ to design a Parawave XT!

oof, has anybody ever had Rapid just stop producing any sound for no reason? I couldn't figure out why until I checked my activation. Somehow all my expansions became deactivated. Reactivating solved it, but it's still odd.

Return to “Instruments”