491 posts since 11 Aug, 2018

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am

@SLIC +1 !

SLiC
KVRAF
4385 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | NEW Cinematic Exposure XT

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am

I have been messing around with this mapping the volume sliders to an X/Y pad (Bitwig) - its a bit messy but yiou can see how powerful this could be (2 X/Y controls for mixing 8 layers is basically 2 Wavestations!) Put a X/Y sequencer in there and you have something realy unique.

Lots of space where the browser currently is - that can move (pop up when you click presets or something ;-)) the 'M' page should be for real time playing or sequencing of the layers!

@ Parawave - put that update out with a new (paid) preset bank of X/Y, Wavestation, 3D or whatever presets and I will buy my first preset pack from you, even with the VAT added ;-)
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Banquet
KVRer
11 posts since 31 Jan, 2015

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:09 pm

I would love a VST version of Korg's Wavestate and have heard that Rapid has some similar capabilities thanks to the individual modulations per layer. I tried the demo and it seemed great. I wonder how hard it would be to add some features to the modulation such as probabilities an length? If you could, for instance, set up a row of modulations on the step sequencer and set each even to a certain length and a percentage probability. Then have the option to set forward, back or random it would really open up the potential for generative and evolving sounds.

Teksonik
KVRAF
12972 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:00 pm

SLiC wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:22 am
Thanks for this- Really nice (I particularly like the Fermi Paradox preset)
Thanks, I'm glad you liked them! :hug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

databroth
KVRer
15 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:52 pm

I feel the need to clarify, wavestation and wavestate do NOT use wavetables, they are not wavetable synths, they are wave"sequence" synths. A wave sequence is a series of samples or audio recordings, there are some pros and cons to this vs WT, but the difference is pretty strong. Rapid "can" do wave sequencing, but it is a bit tricky to set up.
Hell even in the new wavestate it looks like a bit of a chore to set up your own wave sequences, I feel the strength of WS technology is in the presets, much like how in WT synths having a bank of WTs is much more useful than designing your own.

A key difference between the 2 is WTs are a series of "single" cycle waves that you can morph between freely at the OSC cycle rate. Wave sequences are much slower, akin to cross fading between loops of audio

Also @banquet you can do a bit of probability by using a SH lfo to modulate say the sequencers loop length or start point

SLiC
KVRAF
4385 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:12 am

databroth wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:52 pm
Wave sequences are much slower, akin to cross fading between loops of audio
I think there are 2 issues here, one is the (X/Y) cross-fading between the 8 layers which seems like such an obviously thing to have (and be able to map/sequence or play live) - the other is the allowed length of wavetables or samples and the ability to scan across them slowly and crossfade (which is already possible as demonstrated in the presets posted by Teksonic a few posts back...)

Wavestate seems like a great little synth if you want a hardware solution for this, although personally, I find too much 'wave sequencing' a bit annoying (too much going on). I think you can achieve the same layered and moving/evolving effect ITB very easily with a multitimbral synth like Falcon or Omnisphere (both having advanced arp/sequencers) with different instruments/arps set up all playing of the same midi channel (if you want that 'press one key and take a bow effect!).
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS V3, StudioOne 4, Cubase 10, Live 9 suite, X32 Desk. , DM12, Odyssey, P8, Virus TI, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Dripster
KVRer
1 posts since 15 Jan, 2020

RAPID Synthesizer | Ancient Pharaohs XT

Post Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:14 am

Just made a huge custom extension bank for rapid here are the details feel free to check it out https://youtu.be/yF9UVQl0vH0

Product Description:

Ancient Pharaohs is Here! This pack loaded with three crazy construction kits as well a extension bank and Library for rapid. This pack inspiration comes from the best beat makers such as: Pyrex Whippa, 808 Mafia, Murda Beatz, Metro Boomin and etc. The extension bank has futuristic plucks, dark / light wispy extraterrestrial pads, trap pianos that you never heard before, 808 mafia like keys, trippy modern bells, dope brass sounds, synth 808s, drum kits, flutes and more. this pack can be use for any genre of music so what are you waiting for come get your new sounds today and start bangin!

Inside Details:

• 3 Construction Kits
• 3 Full FLP Files (FL Studio 20 Projects)
• 45 MIDIs Files
• 36 WAVs Files
• 39 One-Shot Samples
• 17 Bonus MIDI With WAVS
• Rapid Extension Bank (234 Presets)
• Rapid Library (372 Presets)
• 24-Bit audio / 44100 kHz Quality
• Tempo-Labelled
• 100% Royalty-Free
• Over 200 MB of content
• Over 500 Files
• File Size (315.90MB)

Preset Extension Contains
(Note Users Can Design There Own Sounds With Our Wavetables)

• Arps / Seq
• Basslines
• Synth 808s
• Bells
• Brass
• NonSynth 808s
• Drum Kits
• Perc Kits
• Guitars
• Keys
• Lead Synths
• Pads
• Pianos
• Plucks
• Solo Kicks
• Solo Claps
• Solo Hi Hats
• Solo Snares
• Hits
• Flutes

Mik_lo
KVRist
36 posts since 6 May, 2017

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 pm

Any update on an update? Gagging for msegs, if they're coming, please, and thanks. Xxx

Return to “Instruments”