RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. First Audio Preview.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Dombaeb
KVRist
235 posts since 7 Dec, 2018 from Saint-Petersburg

Post Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Does anybody have occasional digital artifacts during note attack-release time? Maybe it's oscillator characteristic, maybe it's my system, trying to figure it out.

exmatproton
KVRAF
2746 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: RAPID Synthesizer | Granular Synthesis. First Audio Preview.

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 am

Dombaeb wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:38 pm
Does anybody have occasional digital artifacts during note attack-release time? Maybe it's oscillator characteristic, maybe it's my system, trying to figure it out.
You have an audio example? I can't remember hearing artifact while using Rapid (Windows, x64)

I can imagine that you hear a note being cutoff by a new note. That can result in a 'tick' sound. Especially when using "soft" sounds, like a sinewave

Dombaeb
KVRist
235 posts since 7 Dec, 2018 from Saint-Petersburg

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:17 am

exmatproton wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 am
Dombaeb wrote:
You have an audio example? I can't remember hearing artifact while using Rapid (Windows, x64)

I can imagine that you hear a note being cutoff by a new note. That can result in a 'tick' sound. Especially when using "soft" sounds, like a sinewave
I tried to catch these artifacts but it looks like you're right. In lower octaves, overlaps sounds extremely pronounced but it's "feature", not "bug". Thank you!

P.S. Damn, how full and powerful Rapid sounds, really.

exmatproton
KVRAF
2746 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:22 am

Dombaeb wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:17 am
exmatproton wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 am
Dombaeb wrote:

I tried to catch these artifacts but it looks like you're right. In lower octaves, overlaps sounds extremely pronounced but it's "feature", not "bug". Thank you!

P.S. Damn, how full and powerful Rapid sounds, really.
It is a lovely synth. My go to for quite some time

andresnol
KVRist
42 posts since 11 Dec, 2013

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:20 pm

delete

Tannaliini
KVRist
240 posts since 12 Mar, 2020 from Toilet, or on the way to toilet

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:43 am

What type of copy protection Rapid has? In some posts it is mentioned to have same as Avenger... So does this men the Rapid's license needs to be re-activated every 90days? And do I need some extra software for this

dermage
KVRian
634 posts since 23 May, 2016

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:29 am

Tannaliini wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:43 am
What type of copy protection Rapid has? In some posts it is mentioned to have same as Avenger... So does this men the Rapid's license needs to be re-activated every 90days? And do I need some extra software for this
By far not the same as the current Avenger. Maybe similar to the one Avenger had earlier, before the they went to Codemeter.
But Rapid simply activates with a serial (or downloaded key file). I guess they have some kind of online C/R once you install/activate it using your serial, then a key file is stored locally. But then It's activated forever, unless you change something in the system. Happened to me once that I had to reactivate the Factory content. But this may also have been a bug.

Also Rapid is essentially bug free, not as Avenger, which I also own but do not use anymore because of the countless problems I had.

You can see how activation works in the manual on page 10:
https://parawave-audio.com/public-downl ... Manual.pdf

Also Rapid is allowed to be activated on as many personal computers you own yourself. Unlike Avenger which is only 3, but with Code Meter I think that got a bit more complicated, since you have to move activations.
With Rapid you once activate on all your computers and you are done.

uselessmind
KVRist
452 posts since 11 Sep, 2004 from inne Büchs

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:09 am

Good Info, was thinking about buying Rapid until now. Did not think to check the Manual. 🤔
Andy is a support ninja.

clipnotic
KVRist
358 posts since 19 Sep, 2007 from Germany

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:37 am

First you'll get a serial for activation and then you'll get a license file, which you have to import in the plugin, that's it.

I have also Avenger, but still don't use it. Rapid has for example a better analog filter and much more power in the bottom. It only needs more expansions, but it's easier to program. Avenger has a "drum machine" included, but it's much easier to work with drum samples in the DAW, instead of using a magnifier in Avenger, because they overfill the plugin more and more with half-done areas nobody really needs, I bounced the drum kits I like.

And I prefer products from companies with a customer-friendly demeanor and Parawave Audio have this! :tu:
VST developers need more motivation and best motivation is hardcore criticism! :D
My english is terrible, feel free to correct me! :wink:

Return to “Instruments”