RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:58 am
uselessmind wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:54 am
Tannaliini wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:53 am
uselessmind wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 pm Good Info, was thinking about buying Rapid until now. Did not think to check the Manual. 🤔
What in the manual changed your mind about Rapid? :?
Just the C/R Part, i was unser the Impression it might just be offline serial protected.
But you need to be online only for the first time activation - if I understood correctly? After that you can use Rapid offline if you want?
Activation; online
Play with your synth; offline or online, whichever you want

exmatproton wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:42 pm
uselessmind wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:09 pm Good Info, was thinking about buying Rapid until now. Did not think to check the Manual. 🤔
Just the C/R Part, i was unser the Impression it might just be offline serial protected.
But you need to be online only for the first time activation - if I understood correctly? After that you can use Rapid offline if you want?
Activation; online
Online not needed, please check my previous post here. Offline activation is possible, you just have to copy the URL/link to another device to download the license/keyfile.

dermage wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:24 pm Online not needed, please check my previous post here. Offline activation is possible, you just have to copy the URL/link to another device to download the license/keyfile.
I don´t think most people fear to be online with their computer for a single activation...

The question is more what happens if Parawave Audio goes out of business/ disappears... as soon as you just renew the system on the same computer with an image recovery the last used/downloaded license gets invalid...

dermage wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:24 pm
Activation; online
Online not needed, please check my previous post here. Offline activation is possible, you just have to copy the URL/link to another device to download the license/keyfile.
You'll need to get online to get that file. That is online in my books...

Online to download license/serial...than activate and youll never have to be online again. Works flawlessly and painlessly, dont understand the issue you guys are having?

exmatproton wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:28 am
dermage wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Activation; online
You'll need to get online to get that file. That is online in my books...
You need to go on line anyway to get all the amazing updates....

Rapid has a very simple unobtrusive copy protection, back up your key file and you can run forever off the grid if you want!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

HcDoom wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:53 am Online to download license/serial...than activate and youll never have to be online again. Works flawlessly and painlessly, dont understand the issue you guys are having?
The question is more what happens if Parawave Audio goes out of business/ disappears... as soon as you just renew the system on the same computer with an image recovery the last used/downloaded license gets invalid...
I think that might be more of a reasonable concern, that have actual implications. Realistically, the company could release an update to address the verification system as the last ditch effort to leave their legacy behind, but if they don't, they'll suffer as any other internet dependant service, which is rather scary thinking about the VST market and the longevity of music making.
Take care :wink:

If any software company goes bust you could loose the use of the program as soon as an OS change breaks compatibility (even if there is no copy protection)

If your really worried you should ask for a 5 year business plan, P and L, cash flow forecast and run an analysis!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

LOL, yes. I think some guys worry too much and dont produce enough of music.

I think you need to be at least once online for every VST instrument's registration (+ you need to be online when you buy and when you download the VST)? So why it's a problem to be online in this Rapid's license case if it's enough to be online just for the activation? :?

And then there are Avenger, Reason etc that need online more often.
But if I understand correctly, Rapid's license system is more like Serum's or Ana2?

What we need now is something else to talk about- Like a few more sound demos or maybe even the release :-)

Tannaliini wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:34 am ...
But if I understand correctly, Rapid's license system is more like Serum's or Ana2?
No...

For both you get a serial which stay´s valid for whatever machine you install it on...

Rapid has the serial just for C/R protection valid just for the actual machine... if you change something on the machine (even recovering the system on the same machine from a backup is enough) the actual (or last used) license stops working...
As long as Parawave stay´s in business it´s not a problem... but if they disappear you have software waste for 200 bucks on your machine no able to use it any longer if your system is changing...

That makes a big difference...no???

Trancit wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:24 am As long as Parawave stay´s in business it´s not a problem... but if they disappear you have software waste for 200 bucks on your machine no able to use it any longer if your system is changing...

That makes a big difference...no???
I would definitely not be worried about this. I'm sure that if Parawave will decide to exit the business they will figure something out with that. In my personal experience Parawave dev (or devs) are very reasonable and fair people.

Is the granular synthesis implemented in the trial/demo yet? :)

Neon Breath wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:14 pm Is the granular synthesis implemented in the trial/demo yet? :)
Not yet- apparently they are working on some new pre-sets now, so fingers crossed it will be soon (July was what they were aiming for))

Return to “Instruments”