RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

:tu:

SLiC wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:30 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:14 pm Is the granular synthesis implemented in the trial/demo yet? :)
Not yet- apparently they are working on some new pre-sets now, so fingers crossed it will be soon (July was what they were aiming for))
Yes, it will be in July. We're just preparing content and an introduction video. Since Granular Synthesis is a bit of an unusual thing for some producers we want to add enough content and variety so it's immediately clear what you can achieve with it. Otherwise it would just be an unnoticed hidden feature.
Yes, there will be a summer sale.

parawave wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:09 am ...
Got my finger on the trigger :).
rsp
sound sculptist

Does anyone know why there is like an eighth of a turn on attack and release before it affects the envelope?

Mik_lo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:37 am Does anyone know why there is like an eighth of a turn on attack and release before it affects the envelope?
As there are no parameter read outs it´s hard to tell in what precision the first part of the attack and release increase...
I know envelopes that go first by mikro seconds and need quite a bit before reaching the ms area and therefore not being recognizeable before

parawave wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:09 am
Neon Breath wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:14 pm Is the granular synthesis implemented in the trial/demo yet? :)
Not yet- apparently they are working on some new pre-sets now, so fingers crossed it will be soon (July was what they were aiming for))
Yes, it will be in July. We're just preparing content and an introduction video. Since Granular Synthesis is a bit of an unusual thing for some producers we want to add enough content and variety so it's immediately clear what you can achieve with it. Otherwise it would just be an unnoticed hidden feature.
Looking forward to give it a try!

That granular is going to make an already monster synth even better. I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Yo.

People not noticing that granular synthesis, which such an important addition, has been implmented simply don't deserve using the synth! :P

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:23 pm People not noticing that granular synthesis, which such an important addition, has been implmented simply don't deserve using the synth! :P
To be honest, there's so many people who are preset junkies that they won't care what granular synthesis is. Also, not saying that there's anything wrong with presets or people who just don't like to sound design, just to clear that up. The beauty of granular goes so deep and I only have been using it more over the last two months or so. Between granular and the MSEG's to be added later on, Rapid is easily going to be my go to synth. It currently isn't only because I don't own it (yet).
Yo.

I think granular + sale will shift a lot of plugins for the Parawave I hope so, its deserved (and I say that as someone who was late to the party with 1.7...just took a face lift to catch my eye ;-))
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:27 pm I think granular + sale will shift a lot of plugins for the Parawave I hope so, its deserved (and I say that as someone who was late to the party with 1.7...just took a face lift to catch my eye ;-))
Indeed. If the granular engine is powerful & top quality, and it allows to create massive & dense soundscape clouds, I'm on board all the way with that sale.

And please Parawave, don't make the mistake alot of devs do: not allowing to import your own samples into the granular engine... :pray:

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:55 pm And please Parawave, don't make the mistake alot of devs do: not allowing to import your own samples into the granular engine... :pray:
Genuine question, why would importing samples be a bad thing? Are there any negatives behind it?
Yo.

Skandiluz wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:08 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:55 pm And please Parawave, don't make the mistake alot of devs do: not allowing to import your own samples into the granular engine... :pray:
Genuine question, why would importing samples be a bad thing? Are there any negatives behind it?
There's nothing wrong or bad to be able to import your own samples into the granular engine, on the contrary. That's exactly what I'm saying, I think it would be a mistake to NOT allow the users to do so.

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:15 pm
Skandiluz wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:08 pm
There's nothing wrong or bad to be able to import your own samples into the granular engine, on the contrary. That's exactly what I'm saying, I think it would be a mistake to NOT allow the users to do so.
Ohhh. Sorry, I totally misread that. My bad.
Yo.

Can't wait for the granular to come, really anticipating that feature!
Just recently got back into diving deeper into this beast synth, made a couple of patches today which inspired me to also make a short cinematic track with it, all sounds are my own RAPID patches (hope its allowed to post demos here - if not, please let me know and I'll take it down ASAP!)
https://soundcloud.com/user-803415421/r ... -cinematic

Return to “Instruments”