Neon Breath
KVRAF
3673 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 am

Dirtgrain wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:50 pm
Neon Breath wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:36 pm
Anyone is able to drag and drop their own samples for granular synthesis in the Demo version? Doesn't seem to work here, no matter what I try... Am I missing something here? :shrug:
I'm not sure if there is a better way, but here is a way (the only way?) to import:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izhvutu8HY8&t=804s

Instead of resynthesis, choose sample option.
Thanks for the answer. But unfortunately it doesn’t work, I don’t have the Import option showing in the library. Cannot import anything not even create a new user library. Probably a demo limitation? Not sure. I contacted Parawave to see, and maybe they’ll see this as well hopefully. Cause if that is a demo limitation, it’s very crippling since I wanted to use Rapid with my own samples. There no way I’ll buy a synth if I cannot test and try it first to see how it sounds with my own samples and wavetables...

parawave
KVRist
336 posts since 15 Mar, 2016 from Germany

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:03 am

Neon Breath wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:56 am
Dirtgrain wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
Anyone is able to drag and drop their own samples for granular synthesis in the Demo version? Doesn't seem to work here, no matter what I try... Am I missing something here? :shrug:
I'm not sure if there is a better way, but here is a way (the only way?) to import:

Thanks for the answer. But unfortunately it doesn’t work, I don’t have the Import option showing in the library. Cannot import anything not even create a new user library. Probably a demo limitation? Not sure. I contacted Parawave to see, and maybe they’ll see this as well hopefully. Cause if that is a demo limitation, it’s very crippling since I wanted to use Rapid with my own samples. There no way I’ll buy a synth if I cannot test and try it first to see how it sounds with my own samples and wavetables...
It's not a demo limitation. To create a new library: Open the oscillator browser (the top-left icon in the OSC display). Then in the bottom left, there is a "LIBRARY" button. Choose New...
After that, all drag & dropped samples will be importet into the currently selected User Library.

parawave
KVRist

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:06 am

StrikerTheFoxy wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:16 pm
Granular Elements isnt showing up in my library. did i not get it when i got the new update?
If you are missing the Granular Elements, take a look into your account and load the

Rapid.SP.Granular.Elements.1.0.0.Setup.Mac.pkg

or

Rapid.SP.Granular.Elements.1.0.0.Setup.Win.msi

This one happens too often. Come on guys : )

zvenx
KVRAF
8383 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:20 am

parawave wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:06 am

Which to me alerts me that maybe there is a reason.

It didn't happen to me.
I just bought Rapid, and someone had a screenshot here and I was downloading the Factory Sounds for the first time, so yeah I knew I had to download it too.

But looking at it I can see why others may miss it.

My two cents.
the 1.7 and 1.6.1 downloads probably should be at the bottom somewhere called Legacy.
Sounds, both Factory and Granular and I Imagine if you have expansion packs should also be in a separate section, Called Sounds/Presets. I don't know.. something with a label separated from the plugins by some kind of indicator.

That way it is clearer to everyone I believe.

My two cents.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Neon Breath
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:30 am

parawave wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:03 am
Neon Breath wrote:
Dirtgrain wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:

It's not a demo limitation. To create a new library: Open the oscillator browser (the top-left icon in the OSC display). Then in the bottom left, there is a "LIBRARY" button. Choose New...
After that, all drag & dropped samples will be importet into the currently selected User Library.
Still doesn't work. PM sent for an offline discussion. Might be a bug... ?

Tannaliini
KVRist
259 posts since 12 Mar, 2020 from Toilet, or on the way to toilet

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 am

Trying to install the demo, but when ever I try to open it (inside the latest FL Studio) it is just a black screen :/
I mean it looks like the Rapid plugin opens - but the synth plugin is just an empty black screen.

Also, is there a way to skip the 32bit version installation since I really don't need it?

THE INTRANCER
KVRAF
1540 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:12 am

zvenx wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:20 am
parawave wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:06 am

Which to me alerts me that maybe there is a reason.

It didn't happen to me.
I just bought Rapid, and someone had a screenshot here and I was downloading the Factory Sounds for the first time, so yeah I knew I had to download it too.

But looking at it I can see why others may miss it.

My two cents.
the 1.7 and 1.6.1 downloads probably should be at the bottom somewhere called Legacy.
Sounds, both Factory and Granular and I Imagine if you have expansion packs should also be in a separate section, Called Sounds/Presets. I don't know.. something with a label separated from the plugins by some kind of indicator.

That way it is clearer to everyone I believe.

My two cents.
rsp
You could go one step further and separate the Windows and Mac versions separately.

Also something else that needs looking at, is how the installation notes are described, which leads to a bit of confusion and needs to be expanded upon for those installing for the first time and those updating because you can run into problems.

To install RAPID on your computer you need to download two separate installers. The first one to install is the Factory Sounds installer named "Rapid Factory Sounds 1.x.x Setup", which contains all wavetables, multi-samples and sound presets. The second one to install is the plugin installer named "Rapid 1.x.x Setup", which includes both 32-bit and 64-bit VST 2 plugins."

^
It should be reworded to something like this.

Installing the RAPID VST Instrument & Effects Plugin:

First Time Installation Windows 7, 8 & 10

In this order: (Important to avoid activation issues)

1. Download & execute the zip file:

Rapid.Factory.Sounds.1.0.0.Setup.Win

and install the Rapid Factory Sounds to the default Windows C drive location.

2. Download and execute the .exe file:

Rapid.1.8.0.Setup.Win

and install either the Rapid 1.8. 32 Bit / 64 Bit VST to the folder you have set for your DAWs plugins.

3. Complete the full installation by downloading the file,

Rapid.SP.Granular.Elements.1.0.0.Setup.Win

and install to the default Windows C drive location which is set for Rapid.

4. Open, or reopen the DAW if already open and activate the Rapid 1.8 VST Instruments & Effects Plugin.

For those upgrading: Follow steps 2 & 3 above unless you are performing a new installation.

No changes were made to the Rapid.Factory.Sounds.1.0.0.Setup.Win installation file.

Additional Sound Expansions Available To Use With Rapid & Your DAW:

Unzip Factory.Sounds.Drums.zip and copy the folder to the main Rapid directory or additionally to a folder where you store your samples.

For Mac users it would follow something similar...
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A New Site Fusing Music - Art - Film & Technology | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

Buckster
KVRist
202 posts since 27 Nov, 2016

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:14 am

I'm tempted to buy but can anyone explain this to me please ?

Does this mean all imported samples are resampled to 44 ?

Does it mean all or the internal synth engine runs at 44 or just samples part ?

Ie if I run DAW at 96khz would the synth itself run internally at 96 ?

I thought most soft synths were multirate ?

""Supported Samplerates

44.1 kHz (internal)
48, 96 and 192 kHz (resample)""

Neon Breath
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:18 am

Buckster wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:14 am
I'm tempted to buy but can anyone explain this to me please ?

Does it mean all or the internal synth engine runs at 44 or just samples part ?

""Supported Samplerates

44.1 kHz (internal)
48, 96 and 192 kHz (resample)""
Pretty good question. You've been able to import your own samples in the demo?

parawave
KVRist

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:02 pm

Buckster wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:14 am
Yes it uses 44,1 kHz as base rate and depending on the signal chain, different types of oversamplers are used. For example: The multiband saturator can use up to 4x oversampling. Pretty much all modules, where it really matters, use some kind of multi-rate processing.

Since the majority of sample content is in 44,1 kHz, we decided to use a fixed rate for import. I know this is a topic for debate. As always, everything is a compromise between quality and CPU consumption. Yes, we could easily implement a 512-point sinc. But this just too much for the use case.

Neon Breath
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:30 am
parawave wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:03 am
Neon Breath wrote:
Dirtgrain wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:

Still doesn't work. PM sent for an offline discussion. Might be a bug... ?
Fixed! Thanks alot for the top notch support Parawave :tu:

TheSynthScientist
KVRist
255 posts since 29 Nov, 2018

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Mirko R. wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:24 pm
PatchAdamz wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:01 pm
Rapid is an interesting tool for sound design with so many synthesis options.
This is a single preset using the newest granular capability's (1.8).

Many layers, lots of modulation, and internal fx, CPU is surprisingly not bad.

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ynthesizer
That sounds awesome. :-)
+1

Wow, very nice, I may have to rethink this synth.

HTT
KVRist
114 posts since 14 Jul, 2019

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:44 pm

I have only had a brief time with the granular module and presets. (I, too, overlooked the granular install at the bottom as the 1.8 update was at the top of the list. All is good). The granular section sounds very nice. Now, I need a spectral section with editing tools like Iris 2...

That is one thing about Parawave that I appreciate. They are always aggressively innovating, and offering more for their customers. Keep up the great work and pushing envelopes.

nusound mind
KVRist
199 posts since 21 Jan, 2017

Post Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:43 pm

I was hesitant to update b/c 1.7 was good enough & I was concerned the addition of granular would be too cpu intensive but compared to something like Pigments it's very reasonable plus it sounds great.

parawave
KVRist

Post Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:45 am

nusound mind wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:43 pm
I was hesitant to update b/c 1.7 was good enough & I was concerned the addition of granular would be too cpu intensive but compared to something like Pigments it's very reasonable plus it sounds great.
Absolutely recommend to update to 1.8. The faster loading times alone will justify it.
Every change in the signal chain is carefully considered. And any optional module will not increase the overall CPU consumption. If no Granular is used, it has zero impact on the other processing.

Return to “Instruments”