RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

PatchAdamz wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:34 am
Mirko R. wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:08 amAre you creating a full XT? Would love to test it. Your stuff sounds really interesting. ;-)
Yea, thanks, its completed, will be on our site shortly.
Wow, that's fast! If you need feedback, feel free to contact us via mail. We gladly give a few QA hints.

That sounds interesting...! Looking forward to that...

This is the situation with Rapid demo... Any ideas how to fix it/get it open properly?
Now it just stays empty anytime I try to open it :help:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OzoneJunkie wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:32 am
That sounds interesting...! Looking forward to that...
Yes, the Rapid FX Plug in is already supurb (I use it for reverb all he time), but access to granular as an fx makes it next level...do not underestimate rapid as an FX Rack!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:00 pm Haven't been following this synth but I just checked out the roadmap, pretty impressive along with everything that's been done so far. One of the items was "Custom mapping curves for routing entries". If that means curves for modulation response, then with that and MPE, that would be very useful. Although a lot of synths are adding MPE support, they usually do not have custom curves, which can be very important for MPE as it allows you to have custom responses tailored to your specific controller and also do interesting things like have different modulations come in at different points of the pressure or slide actions.

Along with granular, I'll be curious to follow these developments!
Not sure why I never noticed this synth before, but I'm checking it out now... I must say, though, that it has to be a lot more amazing than typical for me to buy something new that isn't MPE anymore... I love my Roli Rise...

Tannaliini wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:13 am Image

This is the situation with Rapid demo... Any ideas how to fix it/get it open properly?
That's what happens when you install it in the wrong way.

Follow this to install it.

First Time Installation Windows 7, 8 & 10

In this order: (Important to avoid activation issues)

1. Download & execute the zip file:

Rapid.Factory.Sounds.1.0.0.Setup.Win

and install the Rapid Factory Sounds to the default Windows C drive location.

2. Download and execute the .exe file:

Rapid.1.8.0.Setup.Win

and install either the Rapid 1.8. 32 Bit / 64 Bit VST to the folder you have set for your DAWs plugins.

3. Complete the full installation by downloading the file,

Rapid.SP.Granular.Elements.1.0.0.Setup.Win

and install to the default Windows C drive location which is set for Rapid.

4. Open, or reopen the DAW if already open and activate the Rapid 1.8 VST Instruments & Effects Plugin.

Additional Sound Expansions Available To Use With Rapid & Your DAW:

Unzip Factory.Sounds.Drums.zip and copy the folder to the main Rapid directory or additionally to a folder where you store your samples.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I tried to use Rapid FX on an audio track of a drum loop, hoping to use the great sequencer on the Rapid filter, but the sequencer, while properly linked to the main filter cutoff, is not affecting the cutoff at all. Is this a given, or is there a way to make it work? It would mean a lot of usefulness to me, as I would use it a lot.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Never mind, I got it working Instead of dragging from the plus sign that appears for the sequencer, I right clicked the cutoff and assigned sequencer A that way. This is a big thing for me, and I'm off to explore the possibilities.

SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:41 am ...do not underestimate rapid as an FX Rack!
Thank you for pointing that out. I am now thinking I will not buy Tantra, as this seems to cover a lot of ground there.

it's indeed great although an input-follower would have make it even greater.

Tannaliini wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:13 am This is the situation with Rapid demo... Any ideas how to fix it/get it open properly?
This is probably related to OpenGL. Make sure your graphics driver is up to date. Some on board graphic solutions like the Intel HD chipsets are known to produce black screens. You can write a support enquiry here to get more help.

Hi,
I think it's a Great synth so far .
What I love to see in future Updates would be

- a more flexible modulation system (using LFO´s instead of ADSR similar to Surges system ) (4 LFOS are sometimes not enough for me :wink: )
- Microtuning (with Tun and scl. Files)
- A Wavetable editor
- deeper Sampling features maybe with a record function

... Yeah and a room correction feature, which will solve my bad acoustics :love:
The average bored guy

It's supposed to be possible to drag and drop samples into the oscillators, right? Because it doesn't work for me...

Am I right that it's not possible to test resynthesis function in demo?

Return to “Instruments”