RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:38 pm -Is there or will there be a way to copy from one layer across to all others (good way to quickly set up multichannel mode with copied layers)

Copy & Paste is already supported for nearly everything, including layers.
Can the order of the filter and insert fx be reversed? ie. Insert into filter.
Also possible!

gondii wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:57 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:38 pm -Is there or will there be a way to copy from one layer across to all others (good way to quickly set up multichannel mode with copied layers)

Copy & Paste is already supported for nearly everything, including layers.
Can the order of the filter and insert fx be reversed? ie. Insert into filter.
Also possible!
Figured out the order of filter and insert thanks! And I know there is copy and paste but nobody wants to do that seven times for a small tweak. I’m talking about a “clone to all layers” type single command like in Omnisphere. Looks like it’s not there. Would be useful.

Ah right, yeah I don't think there is a "paste to all" function. But would be nice.

Hello everyone! I like demo of Rapid. So much possibility and power in one synth vst! My questions:

1. Are there customer made free sounds for Rapid? Or only commercial sounds/expansions? (I know Nexus has only commercial ones but what about Rapid?)

2. Can you have all layers in use to go via same effects (like Master effects section)? Or only way is to make effects on every layer? Same question for the filters & amp env?

SoundHunterrr wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:49 am Hello everyone! I like demo of Rapid. So much possibility and power in one synth vst! My questions:

1. Are there customer made free sounds for Rapid? Or only commercial sounds/expansions? (I know Nexus has only commercial ones but what about Rapid?)

2. Can you have all layers in use to go via same effects (like Master effects section)? Or only way is to make effects on every layer? Same question for the filters & amp env?
Hey, not aware of any customer sounds yet.
Commercial set, yes, Here

You can use effects on all layers as you choose, very flexible.

Do you say I can route all layers to one effect layer if I want? Example: I have reverb & delay in layer 1, how do I connect layer 2 & layer 3 to layer 1 effect?

You can use a send module to route layers. Eg. If you want 3 layers to go through the same effects put a send module on 1,2 and 3. Route them all to layer 4. On layer 4 have your effects.

SoundHunterrr wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:49 am
Somewhere in this thread there are some free sound sets available, just go back some pages. I think it was last year that someone posted at least one free set.

Mik_lo wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:13 am You can use a send module to route layers. Eg. If you want 3 layers to go through the same effects put a send module on 1,2 and 3. Route them all to layer 4. On layer 4 have your effects.
Where or how do I get this send module? In the manual I find "In the top-right of the effect rack there is a To Master toggle, which can be disabled to stop the
layer output from being sent to the mixing channel (you may want to use this for Sends)." but I don't find how to send other layers?

Now I find where to select "send" in the effect: I set the send from layer1 effect to layer2 (full/max) but the effect does not sound in layer2?
RapidSEND.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You are sending signal to the layer with applied effects!
If you will apply reverb in the layer 2 so, the signal from layer 1 will go to layer's 2 reverb.

Stan Navi wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:06 am You are sending signal to the layer with applied effects!
If you will apply reverb in the layer 2 so, the signal from layer 1 will go to layer's 2 reverb.
This I try. But I can not make it work. I don not know what I make wrong?
I set reverb inside layer1, I put send in layer1 and I select layer2 to max.
Then I activate layer2 + I select there reverb also, but it is own reverb, not from layer1? I also try to take the "master" off and on but not working.

I think I do something wronk but vhat?

According to your picture, Oscs in layer 1 are turned off. What sound source are you using?
Make next steps to check it:
1 Layer:
- turn on osc 1
- set send to osc 2 in the fx section

Turn on 2 Layer:
- turn off osc
- set delay/reverb in the fx section

If you will turn off master you will hear just wet signal from layer 1 which goes through reverb/delay of layer 2.

SoundHunterrr wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:24 am
Mik_lo wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:13 am You can use a send module to route layers. Eg. If you want 3 layers to go through the same effects put a send module on 1,2 and 3. Route them all to layer 4. On layer 4 have your effects.
Where or how do I get this send module? In the manual I find "In the top-right of the effect rack there is a To Master toggle, which can be disabled to stop the
layer output from being sent to the mixing channel (you may want to use this for Sends)." but I don't find how to send other layers?

Now I find where to select "send" in the effect: I set the send from layer1 effect to layer2 (full/max) but the effect does not sound in layer2?
RapidSEND.JPG
For a second thought this was Alchemy (because of the skin) :lol: :dog:

Stan Navi wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:21 am According to your picture, Oscs in layer 1 are turned off. What sound source are you using?
Make next steps to check it:
1 Layer:
- turn on osc 1
- set send to osc 2 in the fx section

Turn on 2 Layer:
- turn off osc
- set delay/reverb in the fx section

If you will turn off master you will hear just wet signal from layer 1 which goes through reverb/delay of layer 2.
Now it work fine! I think I did it wrong way but with your help I can get it rigtt.

Is there similar way to use 1 filter for multiple layers? I can not find send in filter section?

Yes there is. Filter also is in fx chain. You can use layer filter to control it.
If you have 3 layers of sound sources, just send it to layer 4 and use filter there.

Return to “Instruments”