MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Best...Bass...Ever

I'm waiting for the guitars ;)

But an update on the basses will be nice! :)
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Yes there will be updates to MODO BASS coming. I don't have a specific list of what will be in future updates but requests have been forwarded to the team and I hope that future updates add functionality that you want. Thanks!
That's great to hear. MODO has been an indispensable tool for me as well.

MODO is the best PM softynth on the market. Hope to see more like it.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Just got an email saying that modo bass is on special (same as intro prices) and you get the bass amp bundle for free with it. Very tempting as I have considered getting some bass amps for amplitube.

Looking so forward to the guitars. As for drums there are plenty of options, but physical modeling-based e-guitar instrument is what I'm really holding out for ;)

benjamind wrote:Looking so forward to the guitars. As for drums there are plenty of options, but physical modeling-based e-guitar instrument is what I'm really holding out for ;)
Yeah I'd buy that for sure. You gotta think it's the next one, given that it's a string instrument, so the modeling must have some overlap with basses. But they really gotta make it mpe compatible. Basses are less of a big deal since you don't really do much big bends and vibrato with bass. But for guitars it's much more important.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on MPE. IK has yet to discover aftertouch.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
benjamind wrote:Looking so forward to the guitars. As for drums there are plenty of options, but physical modeling-based e-guitar instrument is what I'm really holding out for ;)
Yeah I'd buy that for sure. You gotta think it's the next one, given that it's a string instrument, so the modeling must have some overlap with basses. But they really gotta make it mpe compatible. Basses are less of a big deal since you don't really do much big bends and vibrato with bass. But for guitars it's much more important.
For me the much harder thing with guitars is that there are 6 strings, not 1. And it doesn't scale either - it's not just 6x 1 string. The fundamental problem that I don't think anyone has solved is transferring those 6 strings you play simultaneously into a keyboard. Its the easiest thing in the world on a guitar to play an open top E, then a D E F# on the B string. I've yet to hear of any method that can do that in a simple, playable way on a keyboard.

Just realised this is really tangential to the main thread, don't want to drag it to 10 pages of how to make a guitar playable on a keyboard. So to drag it back OT - MODO sounds fantastic, but I wouldn't assume they can do the same trick with electric guitars. If you want those, I'd buy Amplitube, a real electric guitar and start practicing.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Sure they can create a realistic e-guitar. There is a bit more work involved, sure there is, but you can't tell me or anyone that they can't get everything right.

IK have proven themselves with MODO BASS to cover the basses so well, I'm sure they can and will hit that same ball for another home run with the guitars.

Wait and see.

Yeah I agree, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to create a great guitar version with the same method. I think noiseboyuk is talking more about the difficulty in emulating playing techniques of a guitar on a keyboard though. Yes of course that's true. But as someone who has played guitar for 27 years (since I was 12), I still love playing guitars on keyboard because you can come up with things you wouldn't have with guitar. Plus the convenience of having it as midi data and being able to do it all in the box (with portable gear).

I think the mpe devices have gone a long way to allowing some pretty convincing guitar techniques. It won't ever be the same of course but being able to play guitars digitally has it's own benefits and is very fun. I think IK will be able to do a pretty sweet guitar version of this. I'll be bummed if they don't at least allow note per channel for individual pitch bend though, in which case I'll probably just keep using multi instance kontakt multis.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just got an email saying that modo bass is on special (same as intro prices) and you get the bass amp bundle for free with it. Very tempting as I have considered getting some bass amps for amplitube.
Not sure where you got that from...nothing is listed on the specials page at IK? It is still well over $200 out here. Too damn expensive!

miden wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just got an email saying that modo bass is on special (same as intro prices) and you get the bass amp bundle for free with it. Very tempting as I have considered getting some bass amps for amplitube.
Not sure where you got that from...nothing is listed on the specials page at IK? It is still well over $200 out here. Too damn expensive!
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos ... m_id=11438

ahh right that one. Thats been available for some time now. I thought IK may have come to its senses and dropped the price. As I wrote, (even with gearpoints) it is over $200 out here :(

...I have money in my pocket to give to IK for Modo Guitar...as soon it exists. Own the bass...lovin' it so far.

Return to “Instruments”