MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Compyfox wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:51 am On real guitars, you mostly only bend 2 semi tones absolute max, unless you literally drag the string off of the fret board.
No, I would bend up to a P4. I would tend to bend in the other direction for the edge strings anyway. off the fret board is a funny mental picture but no.

Compyfox wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:51 am On real guitars, you mostly only bend 2 semi tones absolute max, unless you literally drag the string off of the fret board. Also, the closer to the tuners you are (fret position wise), the less you can bend.

Did you try moving the pitch bend "up" rather than down?
you're clearly not a Pink Floyd fan...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:37 pm
Compyfox wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:51 am On real guitars, you mostly only bend 2 semi tones absolute max, unless you literally drag the string off of the fret board. Also, the closer to the tuners you are (fret position wise), the less you can bend.

Did you try moving the pitch bend "up" rather than down?
you're clearly not a Pink Floyd fan...
I thought the same thing. Gilmour would disagree with 2 semi tones!

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:58 pm Did they fix the bug that causes skipped/long notes when played by the piano roll? I've seen quite a few reports of this, the latest in August. I'm tempted by this low price but I won't buy if this bug is not fixed.
I asked a support rep and they were not aware of a skipped/long notes global bug. However, anybody that reports an issue that the support team are able to reproduce as a global issue will of course be opened as a bug for the devs if there is an issue like this that has been reported and verified.

That said, I would recommend trying the demo of software like MODO BASS which you can download at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... p=versions where you could find out how it works on your system. And support will also assist you if you have any issues running it while in demo mode, too.

Thanks!

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:51 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:17 pm
Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:58 pm Did they fix the bug that causes skipped/long notes when played by the piano roll? I've seen quite a few reports of this, the latest in August. I'm tempted by this low price but I won't buy if this bug is not fixed.
I asked a support rep and they were not aware of a skipped/long notes global bug. However, anybody that reports an issue that the support team are able to reproduce as a global issue will of course be opened as a bug for the devs if there is an issue like this that has been reported and verified.

That said, I would recommend trying the demo of software like MODO BASS which you can download at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... p=versions where you could find out how it works on your system. And support will also assist you if you have any issues running it while in demo mode, too.

Thanks!
Well it's been mentioned several times on your forum:

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 39&t=21289
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 39&t=14029
https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 39&t=12922

But I will try the demo and see if it works for me.
Not fixed in fl studio no.i haven't reported it though.

Our forum is not a tech support forum. It would need to be reported to the support team and verified like any issue in order to be fixed (as suggested and noted in every single thread mentioned). Many times it is not a bug but something they can assist with directly [edit - I recall something where some DAWs, controllers, and/or users were somehow entering MIDI data with zero or near-zero velocity for example, but I don't work the support queue so I'm not sure that was MODO BASS], and anecdotal reports aren't going to help get anything fixed as it would need to be tested and verified.

Many times it is not a bug but a dummkopf at the controls.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:19 pm
popmoney wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:31 pmNot fixed in fl studio no.i haven't reported it though.
Confirming I got the bug in my demo in FL. However, selecting 'use fixed sized buffer' in the Fruity wrapper seems to fix it.
Thanks Vortifex , I'll try that.

Vortifex wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:19 pm
popmoney wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:31 pmNot fixed in fl studio no.i haven't reported it though.
Confirming I got the bug in my demo in FL. However, selecting 'use fixed sized buffer' in the Fruity wrapper seems to fix it.
As usual.. :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Basic question here (sorry if it's been already answered).
Is it possible to get FX+amp sound AND pure DI on one instance of MODO Bass?
If I turn on the FX pedals, they work not only on the amp signal but also DI.
But I would like DI to be separated from FX/amp so that I can get unprocessed low.

I don't understand why no parameters are visible to the host where Modo is loaded. People have made NKS preset banks for example and not a single parameter is assignable to the knobs. IK should expose as many parameters as possible so people can use these other hardware platforms with it like KK and Maschine.

I'm just trying out the demo and either have the bug or a setting wrong....

I've got Omnisphere pads..Pianoteq and Modo bass... Modo bass can't keep up and cuts out on the first beat of the bar when I have sustain pedal on.

I swapped it out for a cheap simple vst bass and it then works fine...
I'll contact support...alternatively you may just need a a powerful system to achieve this.

Return to “Instruments”