Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:18 am

Teksonik wrote:On Windows it's Documents/ discoDSP/ OB-Xd / Skins
Without the spaces ;-)

f0recast
KVRer
13 posts since 14 Feb, 2015

Re: skins for discoDSP's OB-Xd synth

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:09 am

f0recast wrote: Hmm... what's the Skin path for Linux? Readme says "Put OB-Xd folder to Documents / discoDSP" but it doesn't work. Have tried dozens of combinations in "~/" and under "~/.vst". :?
I finally found it myself using strace, it's "~/discoDSP/OB-Xd/Skins".

discoDSP
KVRAF
3921 posts since 18 Jul, 2002

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:40 am

f0recast wrote: I finally found it myself using strace, it's "~/discoDSP/OB-Xd/Skins".
As stated on the Readme file :)

f0recast
KVRer

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:39 am

discoDSP wrote:
f0recast wrote: I finally found it myself using strace, it's "~/discoDSP/OB-Xd/Skins".
As stated on the Readme file :)
It's not. Readme says "Put OB-Xd folder to Documents / discoDSP", which is wrong.

discoDSP
KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 am

Sorry I misread it but it's strange anyways. I just checked on Ubuntu and skins/banks work as expected on the ~/Documents/discoDSP/OB-Xd/ location.

f0recast
KVRer

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:19 am

discoDSP wrote:Sorry I misread it but it's strange anyways. I just checked on Ubuntu and skins/banks work as expected on the ~/Documents/discoDSP/OB-Xd/ location.
Ah, I think I know what happend. :idea: Ubuntu utilizes xdg-user-dir to create and reference default directories which may or may not be used by the user and/or applications. However, the position of those directories is configurable via variables in the file "~/.config/user-dirs.dirs". Since I do not use most of these default folders, I have them deleted and the vars instead pointing to my home directory. OB-Xd probably does not access "Documents" as a fixed path, but via XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR, which may result in different paths depending on the configuration.

Ingonator
KVRAF
12043 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:41 am

Teksonik wrote:On Windows it's Documents/ discoDSP/ OB-Xd / Skins
Many thanks. With this finally it works here in Windows 10 too. :tu:

Could select skins from the right-click drop-down menu in the plugin now.

If i copy the "Banks" folder to the same location as the "Skins" folder (both to /Documents/discoDSP/OB-Xd/) i could now also select the banks from the right-click menu. :party:

I am quite happy that OBXD is still here and that George takes care about it now.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

alex philipp
KVRer
9 posts since 19 May, 2013

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:48 am

All that yours cool skins need is other knobs. But lot of questions in this thread regarding this are left without attention. Is it Possible to change that knobs?

Netris
KVRer
3 posts since 5 Aug, 2017

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:08 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
sergiofrias wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to place older version skin,but here it goes.

I made some improvements to my skin of the special version of obxd (version 1.1,(x32)):
- wood panels
- larger knobs,with softer apparence (shader)
- small change on button (shader)
- smaller logo

hope you like the new GUI :

download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw49jdba0xud5 ... 3.rar?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw49jdba0xud53k/ob_xd_v3.rar?dl=0)
This skin is great ! I'd like to use it, but in the version I have skins have to be place in a separate folder and the download link is just a .dll. Do you know where I can find it ?

Yeager
KVRian
1113 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi,

this skin is not a skin you can use with the latest version of OBXD, the dll you downloaded is an other version that has no skinning options other than replacing the png files in the dll with a resource hacker.

Netris wrote:
sergiofrias wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to place older version skin,but here it goes.

I made some improvements to my skin of the special version of obxd (version 1.1,(x32)):
- wood panels
- smaller logo

download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw49jdba0xud5 ... 3.rar?dl=0
This skin is great ! I'd like to use it, but in the version I have skins have to be place in a separate folder and the download link is just a .dll. Do you know where I can find it ?

Netris
KVRer
3 posts since 5 Aug, 2017

Post Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:38 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Yeager wrote:Hi,

this skin is not a skin you can use with the latest version of OBXD, the dll you downloaded is an other version that has no skinning options other than replacing the png files in the dll with a resource hacker.

Netris wrote:

- wood panels
- smaller logo

download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw49jdba0xud5 ... 3.rar?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw49jdba0xud53k/ob_xd_v3.rar?dl=0)
I see. That's too bad :/ I hope someone make it as a skin for the new version.

Tommi_M
KVRer
9 posts since 30 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:28 am

f0recast wrote:
discoDSP wrote:Sorry I misread it but it's strange anyways. I just checked on Ubuntu and skins/banks work as expected on the ~/Documents/discoDSP/OB-Xd/ location.
Ah, I think I know what happend. :idea: Ubuntu utilizes xdg-user-dir to create and reference default directories which may or may not be used by the user and/or applications. However, the position of those directories is configurable via variables in the file "~/.config/user-dirs.dirs". Since I do not use most of these default folders, I have them deleted and the vars instead pointing to my home directory. OB-Xd probably does not access "Documents" as a fixed path, but via XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR, which may result in different paths depending on the configuration.
Hi,

Should this also work with 32-bit version? I have tried many locations, but nothing works...

Edit: Never mind, it's working now. I had the old version before. :hihi:

Tommi_M
KVRer

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi all,

This is my own modification of DiscoDSP Classic and Studio OB-X Classic, with new buttons and display. I also added wooden side panels. You can download it here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tommi_M
KVRer

Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:43 pm

Updated version: more wood and a new logo.
Both versions are in the same upload folder.

Edit: This is a new screenshot. There is now a new version with knob shadows and some minor improvements. This is more balanced.

Edit: There was small inaccuracy in a legato screen, which is now corrected. Volume/tune/trans have a smaller font now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tommi_M on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

discoDSP
KVRAF

Post Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:24 am

Looking great! Please let me know if I it can be distributed thanks.

Return to “Instruments”