skins for discoDSP's OB-Xd synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

discoDSP wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:26 am Yes, it will affect all OSes. Old skins can still be used with some minor adaptation work, something that can take a few minutes (resize bitmaps to 2x and use current Classic Theme XML file with some very minor adjustments) Almost all XY parameter coords retain the same positions. With a proper upscaling they may look even better.
Hmmm... OK, I think I'll be able to do that. The resizing applies to all elements, including knobs, buttons, etc., right?

And what adjustements are you talking about in the Classic Theme XML?
Fernando (FMR)

I'd advice to wait until retina release later today to see how it really works. Basically main gui, buttons, legato lcd, voices lcd need 2x upscale. Knob goes up to 3x. I think legato and voice coords had some small Y offset.

Well, it didn't took much :) New nightly with HiDPI themes now up at https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/

Faceless_79 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:55 pm Hi all!

Here's the GUI-view, finally. Sorry for the delay, had to take care of a gig in the meantime.

Any news regarding the retina support? What would be the max size? And will the UI be freely scalable?
Where is the download link?

Amram wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:07 am Where is the download link?
Nothing yet. He needs to adapt to the new Retina GUI feature as well.

By the way, regarding max size, there's none :D For example, in Classic GUI coords.xml there is:

Code: Select all

<VALUE NAME="guisize" x="1087" y="442"/>
Which means a 1087x442 GUI window size will be created. It requires a 2x main.png bitmap of 2174x882 to fit which was included today.

Adapting this theme from 1.5 took around 10 minutes. Use it as reference if you wish.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/t ... %20SEM.zip

discoDSP wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:30 am
Amram wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:07 am Where is the download link?
Nothing yet. He needs to adapt to the new Retina GUI feature as well.
Yeah, sorry, that was just a layout pic, not an actual screenshot of a working GUI yet. At this rate, though, shouldn’t be too long!

Just a quick question, could it be possible to have two different knob types...? I mean, two different .png’s with the rotation variations?

Faceless_79 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:23 pm Just a quick question, could it be possible to have two different knob types...? I mean, two different .png’s with the rotation variations?
Only one with configurable diameter via XML using d parameter. For example:

<VALUE NAME="transposeKnob" x="85" y="252" d="48"/>
where d="48" will display a 48x48 knob.

<VALUE NAME="pan1Knob" x="914" y="368" d="36"/>
where d="36" will display a 36x36 knob.

knob.png has to be 144x144px (48 px @ 3x to make it future proof) with 128 frames.

discoDSP wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:55 am Adapting this theme from 1.5 took around 10 minutes. Use it as reference if you wish.

https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/t ... %20SEM.zip
Just a small typo there, it says "master" (2 x master in total) where it probably should say "filter".

Faceless_79 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 pm Just a small typo there, it says "master" (2 x master in total) where it probably should say "filter".
Yeah, not my skin so I can't fix that unless all fonts get repainted. Any ideas about the font used?

discoDSP wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:32 pm
Faceless_79 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 pm Just a small typo there, it says "master" (2 x master in total) where it probably should say "filter".
Yeah, not my skin so I can't fix that unless all fonts get repainted. Any ideas about the font used?
My guess would be it's the same as the logo, but a thinner cut. Friz Quadrata.

I don't like that red on the new knobs....

Faceless_79 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:28 pm My guess would be it's the same as the logo, but a thinner cut. Friz Quadrata.
Exactly :) Got motivated with the repaint and redid the whole thing :D
Download: https://www.discodsp.net/obxd-nightly/t ... %20SEM.zip

rasmusklump wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:40 pm I don't like that red on the new knobs....
No worries, they can be replaced anytime.

Return to “Instruments”