So, anyone still using Novation V-Station?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V-Station

Hm. Why not port the Ultranova to iPad, and then to VST? :) Newer tech, and more likely that they might give it a thought.

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:57 pm Hm. Why not port the Ultranova to iPad, and then to VST? :) Newer tech, and more likely that they might give it a thought.
That may be a better idea, chk071.
Last edited by goldenanalog on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It'd surely be more easy to port. I'm just asking myself if they'd really want to show off such old tech. Especially as it's also limited to 8 voices max.

:party:
Last edited by goldenanalog on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:D 8)

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:05 pm Why do you look for an alternative though? V-Station is available for only a fiver, from an older issue of Beat magazine: https://www.falkemedia-shop.de/sound/beat/beat-03/2016 Choose "ISO" in the dropdown menu, if you want to purchase the issue, then you get the DVD content, plus the magazine issue as a digital file (i think).
Serial problems, can anyone help?

So I bought it, the magazine PDF and the ISO content. All went fine. But now I need to get serial via Falkemedia site (www.serialcenter.de). It asks (for this issue):

What's the third word in the headline on page 13?

I've tried practically all words on that page. I fear PDF shows different pages that print issue, so I am out of luck in that case.

Can anyone help? Send me Private Message here, or something.

I tried ask help from Falkemedia, but in English (can't use German language). No answer.

:help:

I've not had a discrepancy between PDF and paper copies of Computer Music so fingers crossed they've nailed it with Beat magazine too.... Hopefully I'm not sounding patronising but as English isn't your first language: to confirm, the 'headline' is the large bold text (usually at the top of the page or article)

As I said, I tried almost all the text on the page. I think I understand what headline is, but if you'd check the page I guess even you wouldn't be too sure what headline means on that page -- it's like an ad page. :)

I had novation supernova and supernova ii racks (still have ii), they were my workhorses back in the day and were significant part of my sound. I knew them inside out. V-station is the closest to that sound so I still occasionally use it.

V-station was probably my first or one of the first vst’s also. I remember sending an angry email to novation probably close to 20 years ago that they never released an advertised digital out (adat?) expansion for SN 2 rack and they apologized and sent me a V-station, back then it came boxed. It was a cool gesture, wasn’t as cheap then as it is today. So thanks Novation, still using it! :)

Edit. Just checked it was in 2003, I actually still have the emails in my mailbox :).

...aand my problem is solved! Marco Scherer, Beat's resident content creation genius / musician solved it -- there was some changes since 2016 and they caused havoc. But now I have V-Station working!

V-Station + Bass Station as bundle for $19:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... Exclusive-

Arpeggiator bug fix (in Reason, at least).
The Arpeggiator picks up host tempo correctly, but not beat sync. Solution is a nuisance but easy.

1. Go into the Global tab.
2. Change Clock source from EXT (host sync) to INT and back again. You may have to actually play the V-Station once before you change it back to EXT, but I didn't have to.
3. Sync problem solved.

Note, I have to repeat this process for every instance of V-Station every time I boot the song file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

synthguy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:46 pm Arpeggiator bug fix (in Reason, at least).
The Arpeggiator picks up host tempo correctly, but not beat sync. Solution is a nuisance but easy.

1. Go into the Global tab.
2. Change Clock source from EXT (host sync) to INT and back again. You may have to actually play the V-Station once before you change it back to EXT, but I didn't have to.
3. Sync problem solved.

Note, I have to repeat this process for every instance of V-Station every time I boot the song file.
Tried it in FL Studio with no luck :( After switching back to EXT the arp is "gone" completly :dog:

Chamar wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 4:17 pm
synthguy wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:46 pm
Tried it in FL Studio with no luck :( After switching back to EXT the arp is "gone" completly :dog:
Well that sucks. Sorry!

Would like to try V-Station but I'll wait for a Plugin Boutique $1 XD

Return to “Instruments”