XILS-LAB announced PolyKB III

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyKB PolyKB II Player

ZINO wrote:So, a new user pays (discounted) full price to buy PKB 2.5 now, but then he has to pay again to upgrade to III in about a month. What kind of BS marketing is this, let me ask :hihi: ???????
They issue discount vouchers for owners which can also be used during sales hint hint

I just got Poly II for £34
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Per voice modulation cries for MPE compatibility , in III ?

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
ZINO wrote:So, a new user pays (discounted) full price to buy PKB 2.5 now, but then he has to pay again to upgrade to III in about a month. What kind of BS marketing is this, let me ask :hihi: ???????
They issue discount vouchers for owners which can also be used during sales hint hint

Nice VBrainz :tu:

to Zino : It's actually the opposite : Those who buy the PolyKB II.5 now, then upgrade to PKB III later, will actually pay -a bit- less than those who will purchase the PolyKB III when it will be released -even at intro price- (In other words if you prefer : the discount is just superior during the PKB II.5 Last Sale Event)

The PKB II.5 will no longer be available for sale once the PKB III is released.( but it's compatibility will be maintained for forthcoming os/daws version etc)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

@Lotuzia

What is the upgrade price for existing PolyKB II users? I don't see any info on the website (and I don't have the newsletter).

Please, guys, Lotuzia, I have asked several times in different places, but sorry still not understand :lol: (I did not get the exact answer).

From PolyKB II user manual (page 32, section 7.3 Sequencer):
"Step/Run: When on, this switch allows the sequencer to run step by step (record or play).
Each note recorded increments the step by one."
So, question: how to make play notes in sequencer in step by step mode, via press to keyboard notes?

I mean simply thing - each "note On" (on keyboard) - play next note in sequencer.

It is possible or not ?

I tried to do it in previous PolyKB version, and then now in 2.5 - the same, without result.

I can RECORD notes in sequencer in step-by-step mode via keyboard, but CAN'T PLAY.
Or I misunderstood what was meant in the user manual?

Please, understand, this moment is very important in the sense that we could with each pressed note to modulate a different parameter ! (assigned to the current note in the sequencer - since it is also a good modulator, besides sequencer).

Me either...I don't have the newsletter (though I AM subscribed) and I see no info on PolyKB III. Someone please post a living link.

zxant wrote: 
@Lotuzia

What is the upgrade price for existing PolyKB II users? I don't see any info on the website (and I don't have the newsletter).
Not announced yet. ( and possibly not totally fixed atm) But similar to other upgrades made by Xils last years I think ( ie 'fair and very affordable' )

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

c_voltage wrote:Please, guys, Lotuzia, I have asked several times in different places, but sorry still not understand :lol: (I did not get the exact answer).

"Step/Run: When on, this switch allows the sequencer to run step by step (record or play).
So, question: how to make play notes in sequencer in step by step mode, via press to keyboard notes?

I mean simply thing - each "note On" (on keyboard) - play next note in sequencer.

It is possible or not ?

I tried to do it in previous PolyKB version, and then now in 2.5 - the same, without result.

I can RECORD notes in sequencer in step-by-step mode via keyboard, but CAN'T PLAY.

Please, understand, this moment is very important in the sense that we could with each pressed note to modulate a different parameter ! (assigned to the current note in the sequencer - since it is also a good modulator, besides sequencer).
I'll try to bring you a precise answer asap. Please be patient.

thejonsolo wrote:Me either...I don't have the newsletter (though I AM subscribed) and I see no info on PolyKB III. Someone please post a living link.
This is the inextenso quote from the last Xils newsletter concerning PolyKB III

'PolyKB III the ultimate analog Polyhonic Synthesizer

With endless, and morphable, analog modelled oscillators waveforms, pristine 0df filters, exclusive Per Voice modulators, and plethora of sound shaping options ( Like dynamic enveloppe segments control ) the PolyKB II is probably already the most versatile and powerfull analog sounding synthesizer.

Could we offer more ? Simply put : YES

The PolyKB III will be released during December 2016 (Merry Xmas to all) (It’s already working in the depths of the Labs)

It will add more. More of everything, and we promise you’ll be able to create sounds that no other polyphonic synthesizer can do.

Stay tuned !!
'

Lotuzia wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Me either...I don't have the newsletter (though I AM subscribed) and I see no info on PolyKB III. Someone please post a living link.
This is the inextenso quote from the last Xils newsletter concerning PolyKB III

'PolyKB III the ultimate analog Polyhonic Synthesizer

With endless, and morphable, analog modelled oscillators waveforms, pristine 0df filters, exclusive Per Voice modulators, and plethora of sound shaping options ( Like dynamic enveloppe segments control ) the PolyKB II is probably already the most versatile and powerfull analog sounding synthesizer.

Could we offer more ? Simply put : YES

The PolyKB III will be released during December 2016 (Merry Xmas to all) (It’s already working in the depths of the Labs)

It will add more. More of everything, and we promise you’ll be able to create sounds that no other polyphonic synthesizer can do.

Stay tuned !!
'
I didn't get the newsletter either...

Thanks for this info.
I am looking forward to this, as I really like PolyKB. :party:

Lotuzia wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Please, guys, Lotuzia, I have asked several times in different places, but sorry still not understand :lol: (I did not get the exact answer).

It is possible or not ?

I'll try to bring you a precise answer asap. Please be patient.
Thank you, I'll be waiting.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:

Well, I must admit that I'm probably going for it too as I have an unused upgrade cupon. This is the only synth I have been lusting after in recent years. So far I have not bought it because of iLok as I'm not going to spend serious money for iLok plugins but 34€ is just too tempting. And fortunately it's also patched out of iLok so It gives me back some certainty and control if needed.

And then my setup will finally be complete and I'm cured of GAS forever. :party:
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: And then my setup will finally be complete and I'm cured of GAS forever. :party:
Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no cure and it is in fact terminal. :(

jacqueslacouth wrote:
robotmonkey wrote: And then my setup will finally be complete and I'm cured of GAS forever. :party:
Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no cure and it is in fact terminal. :(
True words. :D
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

jacqueslacouth wrote:
Indeed, you will someday die, GAS intact. :(

On the bright side, I had a play with PolyKBII last night, and it still sounds fantastic! :D
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”