XILS-LAB announced PolyKB III

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
10822 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:32 am

thetechnobear wrote:Per voice modulation cries for MPE compatibility , in III ?
PLEASE!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

KVRian
586 posts since 8 May, 2006

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:10 pm

robotmonkey wrote:... fortunately it's also patched out of iLok so It gives me back some certainty and control if needed.
What do you mean by this?

KVRAF
25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:13 pm

PolyKB II is one of the heavier plugs on the CPU

Hope they can get the load down somewhat in v3

KVRAF
5625 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:11 pm

JerGoertz wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:
robotmonkey wrote: And then my setup will finally be complete and I'm cured of GAS forever. :party:
Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no cure and it is in fact terminal. :(
Indeed, you will someday die, GAS intact. :(

On the bright side, I had a play with PolyKBII last night, and it still sounds fantastic! :D
+1 8)

KVRian
1341 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:14 pm

JerGoertz wrote:...I had a play with PolyKBII last night, and it still sounds fantastic! :D
You bet!!!
Can't wait to hear PolyKB III.

KVRAF
2653 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:49 am

jbuonacc wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:... fortunately it's also patched out of iLok so It gives me back some certainty and control if needed.
What do you mean by this?
What I meant was that as PolyKB has it's iLok cp circumvented like all the rest of iLok plugins, it gives me certainty that if I buy this plugin then at no time am I at the mercy of PACE. If PACE manages to f*ck something up, which is very likely, it will be replaced promptly with patched ones.

And by the way I just bit the bullet and despite my detestation of iLok I upgraded my Player to full version. Now I'm done purchasing plugins forever.

Except maybe some IL, Waves or Eventide (if super cheap).
No signature here!

KVRAF
10262 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:03 am

c_voltage wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Please, guys, Lotuzia, I have asked several times in different places, but sorry still not understand :lol: (I did not get the exact answer).

From PolyKB II user manual (page 32, section 7.3 Sequencer):
"Step/Run: When on, this switch allows the sequencer to run step by step (record or play).
Each note recorded increments the step by one."
So, question: how to make play notes in sequencer in step by step mode, via press to keyboard notes?

I mean simply thing - each "note On" (on keyboard) - play next note in sequencer.

It is possible or not ?

I tried to do it in previous PolyKB version, and then now in 2.5 - the same, without result.

I can RECORD notes in sequencer in step-by-step mode via keyboard, but CAN'T PLAY.
Or I misunderstood what was meant in the user manual?

Please, understand, this moment is very important in the sense that we could with each pressed note to modulate a different parameter ! (assigned to the current note in the sequencer - since it is also a good modulator, besides sequencer).
I'll try to bring you a precise answer asap. Please be patient.
Thank you, I'll be waiting.
Thanks. SO finally here's the answer, after a few tests and investigations :

It works 8) ( or at least, it works here)

To engage the 'Step Play' sequencer mode, just activate the last switch at the right of the 'rec, play, reward, forward' group. This one has currently no label, but the label will be re-added in the next 'various fixes' release, wich won't be too long.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

KVRAF
1849 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Lotuzia wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Please, guys, Lotuzia, I have asked several times in different places, but sorry still not understand :lol: (I did not get the exact answer).

From PolyKB II user manual (page 32, section 7.3 Sequencer):
"Step/Run: When on, this switch allows the sequencer to run step by step (record or play).
Each note recorded increments the step by one."
So, question: how to make play notes in sequencer in step by step mode, via press to keyboard notes?

I mean simply thing - each "note On" (on keyboard) - play next note in sequencer.

It is possible or not ?

I tried to do it in previous PolyKB version, and then now in 2.5 - the same, without result.

I can RECORD notes in sequencer in step-by-step mode via keyboard, but CAN'T PLAY.
Or I misunderstood what was meant in the user manual?

Please, understand, this moment is very important in the sense that we could with each pressed note to modulate a different parameter ! (assigned to the current note in the sequencer - since it is also a good modulator, besides sequencer).
I'll try to bring you a precise answer asap. Please be patient.
Thank you, I'll be waiting.
Thanks. SO finally here's the answer, after a few tests and investigations :

It works 8) ( or at least, it works here)

To engage the 'Step Play' sequencer mode, just activate the last switch at the right of the 'rec, play, reward, forward' group. This one has currently no label, but the label will be re-added in the next 'various fixes' release, wich won't be too long.
Yes i also tried it, sorry but it not works for me.

I did short video, it will help you understand, what i doing wrong ?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/86chvpe39 ... estion.mp4

Here can see that in addition to the proposed method I tried also different ways, but to no avail.

Lotuzia, As a last resort (if will not help anything) it would be very good if you also make small video example to show how it works, please.

sfd
KVRian
1486 posts since 14 Jul, 2013 from Sweden

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:27 am

I just bought PolyKB II 2.5 !!! :party: :party: :party:

KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:17 am

Numanoid wrote:PolyKB II is one of the heavier plugs on the CPU

Hope they can get the load down somewhat in v3
Hmmm 3% on my oldest test system now 7/8 years old for a standard analog bass, I woudn't say it's really heavy. But if you add a lot of polyphony, unison 6 voices and long releases for all envelopes, it can sometimes be a bit heavy, that's true. Nothing compared to some other plugins though.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:20 am

c_voltage wrote:
Yes i also tried it, sorry but it not works for me.

I did short video, it will help you understand, what i doing wrong ?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/86chvpe39 ... estion.mp4

Here can see that in addition to the proposed method I tried also different ways, but to no avail.

Lotuzia, As a last resort (if will not help anything) it would be very good if you also make small video example to show how it works, please.
Yes, it's true, it works in step RECORD mode. But not in Step PLAY mode. Xils is currently investigating this problem, so, unfortunately, it's not as simple as I figured, and it will take some time. I have to ask for more patience, with a fix date that is not predictable, sorry for that. ( Note : The video helped a lot :tu: )

KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:22 am

sfd wrote:I just bought PolyKB II 2.5 !!! :party: :party: :party:
<congrats, I hope you like it, it's the last time people can purchase it :)

An idea for Black Friday

sfd
KVRian
1486 posts since 14 Jul, 2013 from Sweden

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:52 am

Whoaaa - been tweaking some knobs today ! :-)

The GUI is really great !

I''ve used the playter for years. I was so happy with it so I was never really interested in the full version. But, hey, after I've played around with it today I must say I should have bought it long ago !

The full version of PolyKB II 2.5 is simply better then sex (ssshhh don' ttell my wife ! )

KVRian
586 posts since 8 May, 2006

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:23 pm

(not sure why all the v2.5 talk is now in this thread, but anyway...)
aMUSEd wrote:tbh it looks worse to me, I preferred the old gui
now that i've used it, i don't think it's too bad. kind of a pain to have to select the different editing pages instead of having it all laid out in front of you. the slider is pretty goofy, why not just buttons? i actually thought the problems with the knobs got worse, but looking at screenshots of v2 it seems exactly the same. (i had to check a screenshot because v2.5 over-wrote my v2 demo, even though i installed it in a separate folder. wtf... was hoping i could run them both at the same time to check the differences.)

i'm pretty bummed about the changes to the "wood" though. the "grain" on v2 was absolutely gorgeous, now it just looks bland. i don't know what the hell Xils is thinking sometimes when it comes to graphic design.

either way, still an amazing synth.

KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:41 pm

jbuonacc wrote:(not sure why all the v2.5 talk is now in this thread, but anyway...)
aMUSEd wrote:tbh it looks worse to me, I preferred the old gui
now that i've used it, i don't think it's too bad. kind of a pain to have to select the different editing pages instead of having it all laid out in front of you. the slider is pretty goofy, why not just buttons? i actually thought the problems with the knobs got worse, but looking at screenshots of v2 it seems exactly the same. (i had to check a screenshot because v2.5 over-wrote my v2 demo, even though i installed it in a separate folder. wtf... was hoping i could run them both at the same time to check the differences.)

i'm pretty bummed about the changes to the "wood" though. the "grain" on v2 was absolutely gorgeous, now it just looks bland. i don't know what the hell Xils is thinking sometimes when it comes to graphic design.

either way, still an amazing synth.
I prefered the PKB II wood also. For the new gui, jus two things : 1/ You have much more room for the different modules in the K7. The Voice XY and the Space XY were too tiny before, and hard to operate. Also the sequencer. 2/ The 2.5 GUI 'prepares' the PKB III UI. Though the PKB III main panel will be much more populated :)

And why 2.5 in this thread ? Well, I guess it's just because there no PKB 2.5 specific thread, and the other thread was about PKB 1.0, wich was very old. The specific PKB II thread must be somewhere in KVR. So ....

Return to “Instruments”