XILS-LAB announced PolyKB III

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
sfd
KVRian
1486 posts since 14 Jul, 2013 from Sweden

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:46 pm

IMO - the ǘ 2.5 GUI has better contrast.

KVRAF
10262 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:52 am

sfd wrote:IMO - the ǘ 2.5 GUI has better contrast.
Thanks for the positive feedback :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:54 am

A track made with the PolyKB v 2.16 + StiX Drum Machine. No EQ, no comps, no daw automation or wizardry. No nothing.

Analog Activity

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

KVRAF
1849 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:48 am

Lotuzia wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Yes i also tried it, sorry but it not works for me.

I did short video, it will help you understand, what i doing wrong ?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/86chvpe39 ... estion.mp4

Here can see that in addition to the proposed method I tried also different ways, but to no avail.

Lotuzia, As a last resort (if will not help anything) it would be very good if you also make small video example to show how it works, please.
Yes, it's true, it works in step RECORD mode. But not in Step PLAY mode. Xils is currently investigating this problem, so, unfortunately, it's not as simple as I figured, and it will take some time. I have to ask for more patience, with a fix date that is not predictable, sorry for that. ( Note : The video helped a lot :tu: )
Ok thanks i will wait.
(Very good sound in v2.5 filter btw)

KVRAF

Post Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:09 am

A few tracks made with the PolyKB v 2.16 ( before the addition of the BP & HP filters) + StiX Drum Machine. (No EQ, no comps, no daw automation or wizardry. No nothing. Just the raw sound of the PolyKB II + a reverb + gentle limiter on master bus)

Disco Fara Da Se

Inséparables

Analog Activity

KVRAF
25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:06 pm

Lotuzia wrote:to Zino : It's actually the opposite : Those who buy the PolyKB II.5 now, then upgrade to PKB III later, will actually pay -a bit- less than those who will purchase the PolyKB III when it will be released -even at intro price- (In other words if you prefer : the discount is just superior during the PKB II.5 Last Sale Event)
It will not be like when PolyKB got updated to PolyKBII?

Then PolyKB users got the v2 update for free:
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/xils_lab_r ... izer_15561

KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:16 am

Numanoid wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:to Zino : It's actually the opposite : Those who buy the PolyKB II.5 now, then upgrade to PKB III later, will actually pay -a bit- less than those who will purchase the PolyKB III when it will be released -even at intro price- (In other words if you prefer : the discount is just superior during the PKB II.5 Last Sale Event)
It will not be like when PolyKB got updated to PolyKBII?

Then PolyKB users got the v2 update for free:
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/xils_lab_r ... izer_15561
Yes. The PolyKB II was mainly a -huge- reconstruction, and enhancement, of the modulation system ( I know that because I made some consulting for Xils-lab about all these subjects at that time, and iirc it was the first time I collaborated with this company, and the topic you're linking to reinforces this POV) This lead -imho- to making the PKB II possibly the most powerfull, expressive, and versatile VA synthesizer at that time, a modern view of an ancient thing. And ... it's still valid nowadays (Again imho). And yes, it was free, because it was 'the same synth', but with 'features and mods on steroids' )

You'll also have noticed that the PolyKB II.5, that adds two new filters types (HP and BP), among other things, and a totally reorganised GUI/UI is also ..... FREE !!! ( And can currently be purchased during the Last Sale Event with a 40% discount ) So it seems reasonnably fair from Xils I think.

The PolyKB III however ... Well, you'll see. It's still another world. Paradise.

And yes, according to Xils, it will be a paid upgrade. Fair and very affordable. Anyway, when it will be released, everyone will be able to judge and/or compare it to paid, or free, upgrades made by other various companies for various products.(But no one will be forced to upgrade : The choice remains therefore in each PKB II/II.5 user hands)

KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:33 am

Lotuzia wrote:You'll also have noticed that the PolyKB II.5, that adds two new filters types (HP and BP), among other things, and a totally reorganised GUI/UI is also ..... FREE !!! ( And can currently be purchased during the Last Sale Event with a 40% discount ) So it seems reasonnably fair from Xils I think.
I only owned PolyKB II Player from before, so I am not sure if all PolyKB II filters were included in that, so I haven't noticed the added filters, but it is of course a nice addition now that I know about it :)

The biggest benefit I find with PolyKB II.5 compared to PolyKB II is a huge reduction in CPU load

Sounds great, and the added controls compared to the Player is also great of course.

For getting the upgrade for just €39, is one of the bargains of 2016 :tu:
The PolyKB III however ... Well, you'll see. It's still another world. Paradise.

And yes, according to Xils, it will be a paid upgrade. Fair and very affordable. Anyway, when it will be released, everyone will be able to judge and/or compare it to paid, or free, upgrades made by other various companies for various products.(But no one will be forced to upgrade : The choice remains therefore in each PKB II/II.5 user hands)
Gonna be interesting to see it when it launches
Last edited by Numanoid on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
315 posts since 10 Mar, 2005

Post Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Will V3 presets work in the V2.5?.

KVRAF
20342 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:23 pm

boombaxx wrote:Will V3 presets work in the V2.5?.
Doubtful. Presets are usually not backwards compatible. Now 2.5 working in 3 is possible even if there is a slight difference in sound. But if V3 has a new engine or anything that's significantly different from 2.5, I can't see any V3 presets working in 2.5.

sfd
KVRian
1486 posts since 14 Jul, 2013 from Sweden

Post Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:26 pm

2.5 presets works in the PKB II Player.

KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Lotuzia wrote:A track made with ... No nothing.
Well, that is a miracle :o :D

KVRAF

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:08 am

PKB III --> PKBII.5 presets compatibility ; Iirc, PKB III presets will load in PKB II.5, and missing parameters (ie possibly a lot) will simply be ignored. But I'll check this asap to make a more certain answer.

Otoh :

PKBII.5 --> PKB III : 100% compatible.

You'll note that, if you have the PKB II/II.5, then install the PKB III on the same machine, PKB III will install in the same directory than PKB II, and your preset pool will be shared among both synthesizers, avoiding the burden of copying/exporting/importing presets from one version to another one. Totally transparent install.

KVRAF

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:17 am

Numanoid wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:A track made with ... No nothing.
Well, that is a miracle :o :D
Soon Xmas :)

Here are a lot of audio demos, made with the PKB II v 2.14, ie before the addition of the new filters. I think it's the 1st time these demo are published on Kvr (besides the 3 first ones, a few posts above) Only the raw sound of the PolyKB( + a reverb, and StiX)

Disco Fara Da Se

Inséparables

Analog Activity

Brocéliande

Dubby Toons

Formentera

Lorelei

Mortelune

Satie

The Tiger & The Butterfly

Wreckers

KVRAF
2147 posts since 10 Mar, 2006

Post Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:32 am

That Satie, is nice man! :tu:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Instruments”