SoundMorph: Dust, granular flow motion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I still love Dust but i never touch the FX version...useless.
Also after the latest update the preset browser is messed up and when i load my own patches it shows me often wrong names.
There are a few other minor things but it's still a unique sound design tool for me.
But to go really wild i would need a better cpu as well. I don't think it supports multi-core which it could really need.

Cinebient wrote:There are a few other minor things but it's still a unique sound design tool for me.
Definitely unique! Nothing like it on the market yet. So that's great. It's really powerful, no doubt about that. I like it even more than I thought I would, since I've been disappointed with some other SoundMorph products. I hesitated a long time before diving and getting it, and I'm glad I did! Amazing tool in my soundscape arsenal.

Now, here's a trick for the ones saying that Dust sounds a bit too sequenced and that the particles are emitted in a too regular or repetitive way. To break that receptiveness I use a noise LFO with PW set to the maximum for a completely smooth noise, applied to a bunch of settings like the position, the interval, the length. Also works great on the decay & the sustain. That creates very smooth chaos and & an organic randomness to the overall sound and eliminate the initial sequenced sound Dust can have... :P

Neon Breath wrote:
Cinebient wrote:There are a few other minor things but it's still a unique sound design tool for me.
Definitely unique! Nothing like it on the market yet. So that's great. It's really powerful, no doubt about that. I like it even more than I thought I would, since I've been disappointed with some other SoundMorph products. I hesitated a long time before diving and getting it, and I'm glad I did! Amazing tool in my soundscape arsenal.

Now, here's a trick for the ones saying that Dust sounds a bit too sequenced and that the particles are emitted in a too regular or repetitive way. To break that receptiveness I use a noise LFO with PW set to the maximum for a completely smooth noise, applied to a bunch of settings like the position, the interval, the length. Also works great on the decay & the sustain. That creates very smooth chaos and & an organic randomness to the overall sound and eliminate the initial sequenced sound Dust can have... :P
Indeed, i just use the midi FX modulator in Logic to modulate automation parameters (like the LFO's) with random values :D
I still get hypnotized while looking at the flow field.
I also love the modulation per particle which lets you create really complex textures.
It is still a bit buggy and i wish Soundmorph would do a bit more against it instead of creating new samples.
Some Dan Worrall tutorials would be great too :)

Thanks for your comments. I'm still wavering - it comes on sale a few times a year it seems and I'd like to think it has a future. Bug fixing would be an indication of that. I expect I will cave in though sooner or later.

Time again to play a bit with Dust.
3 instances triggered from Logic´s arpeggiator with slightly different settings. I hold a 3-note chord and sustain.
The same sound source was used here (the weird track called X13-04 i posted in the music cafe).
Good headphones recommended....and the volume is a bit low on this one maybe too.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/d ... ic-ambient

Will listen later but is the fx version ginally workin?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:Will listen later but is the fx version ginally workin?
Good question. I have to try that again. Didn´t use the FX version much yet.
I will investigate a bit more how it plays with Logic now (on Sierra).
Edit: Tried it and it crash all the way or doesn´t work at all.....no way for me.
The FX version is a waste of time. maybe i expected too much.
Still love it as unique sample mangler.

Still glad I held back, my impression from day one was interesting plugin but unreliable devs, seems I was right

+1 :(

They just had a 30% off sale on their entire sample catalog. I woulda possibly given a finger to afford it....
ImageImageImageImage

I bought it in the last sale and although I haven't had much time to use it yet, the VST FX version has yet to crash on me in Live. I read that the AU is unreliable so haven't even bothered to fire it up.

Not much use in Logic of course :(

Strange. FX version working fine here, OSX Sierra 10.12.6 in Ableton Live 9.7.5

aMUSEd wrote:Still glad I held back, my impression from day one was interesting plugin but unreliable devs, seems I was right

And still no Trial version of it? :(

Love granular , going to have to check this out, ;D

double posty
Last edited by wickfut on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wouldn't bother. A windows or cubase update a while back has broken the stereo panning, again. Mailed the devs a month or so ago and they haven't bothered to reply.

Just tried to re-install the latest version on their site to see if they'd updated it and now I get a message saying they won't let me install it because my serial has been used too many times, this is due to me trying to get their software working. Seeing that the devs can no longer be arsed replying back to me it seems pointless asking for another serial for their broken software.

do yourself a favour and stay well away from this pile of shit.

Return to “Instruments”