Harm Visser sounds for Tassman vs Reaktor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CinningBao wrote:the Reaktor version can be properly broken (in the sense that the values which describe the nature of the models can be quite easily manipulated.. in realtime) which, due to the way Tassman obsfucates some of the model parameters from realtime play, is a touch more fun
This is what irks me about Tassman (and also the more recent AAS instruments). I'd like to change many of the parameters of the models while I'm playing the instrument, but I can't.

Look at Kaivo by Madrona Labs. You can wildly modulate every parameter of the granulator and the resonating material and the resonating body, and have the pickups zooming over the surface of the instrument. Maybe I can figure out how to use Reason to modulate the knobs that AAS doesn't give you a way to modulate - but what I really want to modulate is the parameters Tassman doesn't even give you knobs for (like the numerical parameters you have to specify when you create a resonator, for example).

To tie this back to the OP's question - I agree with CinningBao, Reaktor will give you more to play around with, if that's what you want to do.

PS: AAS, if you're listening, please open up all the parameters and give us ways to modulate them. Thank you.

SpongeLab wrote:the website has now gone :-(
I really wanted to get the synths for my Korg Oasys-PCI
does any one here have a contact email for him?
Oh bummer. I was hoping to see those collection on sale, especially the Tassman as it is officially discontinued.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Someone on a forum had Harm Visser's contact email on file and sent it to me... not sure if it is still working or not...hvisser@wxs.nl

I sent him a message with a link to this thread. Hopefully he'll respond if that email address is still working.

Scotty wrote:I did a sound design for several of the synths in the Oasys Bundle (and others) for Harm Visser and I was surprised to see his website is down. I posted to the yahoo OASYS PCI group to see if anyone there have an email where to reach him. I'll post back here if I hear anything.
SpongeLab wrote:the website has now gone :-(
I really wanted to get the synths for my Korg Oasys-PCI
does any one here have a contact email for him?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but was looking for Harm Visser's Reaktor and/or Tassman presets. Has anyone heard from him lately? Are these still available anywhere?

Thanks in advance :).

fmr wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:17 pm
szurcio wrote:
CinningBao wrote: I really want to get back into Tassman again as we anticipate ANY DAY NOW an announcement from those clever chaps at AASHQ.. wallet said 'no'.
Are you saying there is a new version of Tassman coming? Or are these just rumours as before?
I think I read somewhere that AAS gave up on Tassman for good. Regrettable, I know :shrug:
Edit: Zombi thread, suckered again... :lol:

Sad, but I'm not surprised. I'm sure their codebase for it is very old and 32-bit centric. Their solution for a 64-bit version was to write their own bridge! They'd probably have to chuck most of it and start from scratch.

It's a pity though. I'd like to have Chromaphone, Strum, Ultra Analog, etc. all rolled back into one again.

To the OP, you'll just have to go with your gut and get the one you like more. Tassman will continue to suffer from bitrot as time goes on, but Reaktor will continue to grow and be updated.
Last edited by syntonica on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

bharris22 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:14 pm Sorry to resurrect this thread, but was looking for Harm Visser's Reaktor and/or Tassman presets. Has anyone heard from him lately? Are these still available anywhere?

Thanks in advance :).
I've reached out to what is left of the Oasys PCI community and it appears that no one has had contact with Harm Vissar in that group. If you do find him, let us know. I have been asked to share his Oasys libraries which I was given in payment for sound design work years ago. At least as far as the Oasys goes his creations seem to be abandoned.

For physical modelling in Reaktor Chet Singer's ensembles are available free and in my opinion much much better than Harm Visser's
Yorgos Simeonidis

Thanks!

Be sure you check out the current " best of" Tassman user library archive and extras. They included new instruments that have the same names as Visser's, so it may be those.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:26 pm Be sure you check out the current " best of" Tassman user library archive and extras. They included new instruments that have the same names as Visser's, so it may be those.
Interesting - is that on the AAS website? If so, which bank includes those new instruments?

bharris22 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:49 pm
Michael L wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:26 pm Be sure you check out the current " best of" Tassman user library archive and extras. They included new instruments that have the same names as Visser's, so it may be those.
Interesting - is that on the AAS website? If so, which bank includes those new instruments?
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/tassman-4/faq/
"It dreamed itself along"

Got it - thanks. Any sense as to which of the included banks may contain the HV instruments?

His instruments were known for the detail in their timbre, and their playability. What I did was go through all the acoustic instruments and performances, hear how they respond to playing with the modwheel, tweak them, and create a new performance.
Harm Visser library from SOS small.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

unfortunately i can't use Tassman anymore; so i can't see, what's included in these packages. i suppose, it is just everything that was posted in the Tassman user library.
i bought Tassman 4 here on KvRAudio marketplace a long time ago with HV Design Total Tassman included and i can't imagine, it is entirely inside these packages, because it is a huge set.
"It dreamed itself along"

Sorry about the necro yet again, but not much else I can do. Can anyone point me in the direction of "what is left of the Oasys PCI community"? There doesn't seem to be any dedicated board anywhere, so it's pretty hard to figure out where I should go asking about this software. Mr. Visser seems well and truly gone at this point, so getting anything from him seems out of the question.
Last edited by exobot on Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”